“My Favourite London Hotel”

St. Ermin's Hotel, Autograph Collection
Ranked #75 of 1,075 Hotels in London
Reviewed October 14, 2012

The Ermins is an excellent hotel with a great location. I often stay here for both work and pleasure and have always had a great stay.

Rooms: The rooms are modern and very well equipped. The beds are very comfortable, the bathrooms are plush and have great facilities. The rooms have large flat screen TVs which are perfect for relaxing and watching a movie, with room service. Mini bar is stocked with a good selection too. Rooms over looking the entrance are very nice.

Bar and Restaurant: The bar is great and has a nice atmosphere for a hotel bar. I've had business drinks here and afternoon with elderly relatives and it was perfect for both. Staff are friendly, accommodating and really make you feel at home. Bar food is of a high quality and shows both attention to detail and that much of the food is made with quality produce and is mostly made on site. I've only eaten in the restaurant once but it was good.

Room Service: Room service is very good and delivered with excellent service and attention to detail. Breakfast in particular is very good and I particularly like how the toast is kept warm in the trolley on the way to your room - nothing is more miserable when you're away from home and you can't even get decent toast (i.e. it arrives stone cold and solid, with solid butter you can't spread on it - no so here). These sound like small things but when you're hotels a lot and not often at home, these little touches matter.

Hotel in general: Communal areas of the hotel are really nice and you get a nice sense when entering the hotel for the first time or when just sitting relaxing. The foyer is particular is very nice.

All in all this is one of my favorite hotels anywhere. I'd stay here over the Sofitel St. James just a short distance away every time. Excellent hotel, with excellent value for money and I would recommend for it for a work stay or a weekend break in London.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank GLD2
StErmins, General Manager at St. Ermin's Hotel, Autograph Collection, responded to this reviewResponded October 16, 2012

Dear Sir/Madam,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review on Trip Advisor. I am very happy to know that St Ermin’s is your favourite hotel; that really is a fantastic compliment! We realise that it is the small things which make somewhere a little bit more special and we strive to make our guests feel as at home as possible.
We look forward to welcoming you back very soon,

Warmest regards,

Reviewed October 14, 2012

Another annual trip to London with friends and another great stay at this Hotel. A special mention to Amy Kaur on reception who was very helpful and professional! If you like being close to everything and enjoy walking this hotel couldnt be better located. Rooms are super clean, great beds, great bar, its super cool and blew our friends away. Cocktails were as good as we remembered classic just like this hotel. Concierge always there to offer good sound advice if you need it and taxis arrive at a click of a finger! Having stayed at some 5 star hotels (which do not live up to it) you will be impressed with this 4 star deluxe. Cant wait to visit again next year....

Room Tip: We were in a Exec King facing the courtyard so a lovely view. BIG bed, with great pilows.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Clare M
Reviewed October 14, 2012

A friendly hotel that was great to stay in and well worth the price. The staff were lovely and a beautiful hotel. The history permeated through , I expected to see spys everywhere. Would stay again once I have saved up..

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 14, 2012

From the minute Patrick greeted us at the door our experience at this hotel was outstanding. The staff are very friendly and accommodating. There is always a smile on their faces and this creates a warm and welcoming atmosphere. Our room was spacious and very comfortable. The hotel bar staff were excellent and overall the service of the entire hotel was outstanding. Thank you for making our London experience so special.

Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 14, 2012

I didn't receive the room I booked. There was a mixup on whether breakfast was included or not. Room service while edible came late or with items missing. When these items were highlighted to management, they promised to follow up but no one did.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
3  Thank caped212

Dear Sir/Madam,

Please accept my sincerest apologies for the disappointment you experienced whilst staying with us. The points you have raised are not indicative of our usual service and I shall make sure that we look into the issues you have highlighted.

We hope that you will allow us to serve you better in the future,

Yours sincerely

Reviewed October 12, 2012

We had a fabulous time in London last week; first week of October. My bff & her husband joined us to enjoy the sights & fun of this, our favorite world city (out of many).
The hotel was an absolute delight; beautiful, immaculate, and welcoming. We were thrilled & relieved to be ushered to our room upon our am arrival, jet lagged and ready for a nap. How wonderful to get to settle then; to get ready for our adventures. And, we were upgraded to a King room, extra treat. They also were nice enough to put us in rooms fairly close together, which we greatly appreciated.
My friend summed it up; this hotel spoiled us for any other. The surroundings were plush,but understated. I loved the bright white accents superimposed against the British historic feeling. The rooms were beautifully decorated and appointed, and a very nice size by Euro standards. The toiletries were very nice and generously provided. In room coffee & tea were greatly appreciated. Room service (for us, ice) was very prompt & friendly.
The bar was nice & cozy; very friendly, and great staff. Helpful, as were all the staff with hints and answering questions.
The location was absolutley superb for all the surrounding attractions. The Tube station was very close by, as were many nice pubs and a lovely lower level restaurant; all within a very short walk. I will be reviewing these separately. The hotel is only a 7 minute walk from the palace & other points of interest.
But, we did not have a bad meal in London,and I have always have had good meals there. Also, a fun restaurant just down the little alley across the street; great quick reasonable breakfasts & other meals. And, a convenience store right around the block for wine, and sundries.
One just has to seek them out.
In summary, I miss already our great place there; it contributed to a wonderful & memorable trip. The only slight irritant was the "slamming" doors; fire doors are very heavy & no "hydraulics". We have experienced this many places we have stayed, but the hotel was delightfully soundproofed & quiet at night. Just door slamming when folks start to get up & go. But, not a major issue; certainly not enough to really be a bother. Just startling at times.
Overall, a great time at a great place. I would recommend to any one; hope to return some day!
I booked a great package on Visitlondon.com; and of course before I comitted, came right to TA to confirm the hotel was great, which it was.
We went to the Tower, Westminster,The Eye, Stonhenge, Bath, outlying villages, The Palace, Picadilly,Trafalgar, & the Phantom of the Opera. We missed a few other places on our to do list, but over all, made the most of it.
We got front & center (literally, right behind the conducter!) tickets for the play from a vendor in the Picadilly area, for a great price!
Will also be reviewing our great side trip to Stonhenge via "The English Bus" tour. Am still enjoying the fudge I got in the beautiful little town of Bath.

Room Tip: we loved our room 449, which backed up the Scotland Yard.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank cherylb-rn
Reviewed October 12, 2012

Stayed here on Tuesday night.
Formal dinner wasn't bad but not the best I've ever had. Sauce with dessert shouldn't be dried on the plate should it?
Room was very quiet but had no view, other than on to air conditioning kit (rm 235) which is why it has a blind permanently in the down position.
"Not hot!" - well that describes the morning shower. In fact it was absolutely freezing!! Apparently there wasn't any hot water in that side of the hotel.
Breakfast was average for a hotel of this standard. A range of fresh fruits rather than a mixed bowl of classic fruit cocktail would have been more in line with the price of the hotel.
For the money I think you can do better.

Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
3  Thank choyp16

Dear Sir/ Madam,

Thank you for your review. Please accept my sincerest apologies regarding the water situation. Unfortunately the pump burst and although we worked as fast as possible to get the issue resolved within an hour and a half, I understand that this is no consolation.

I am truly sorry for this inconvenience.
Yours sincerely