“Great Location, Nice Room.”

St. Ermin's Hotel, Autograph Collection
Ranked #80 of 1,077 Hotels in London
Reviewed August 9, 2011

Recently renovated, can't be beat for a stay with the family. Our family of 6 stayed in two delightful, freshly appointed rooms each with two beds and TWO baths. The extra bath was wonderful for keeping a family on a tight schedule of getting out the door, to bed, etc. all at one time. The location was fantastic. A few blocks away from Westminster Abbey, walking distance to the London Eye, a block from the Underground. The # 24 bus stops jut a block away and will take you to the Trafalgar and Leicester Square areas in ten minutes for a large variety of good shops and restaurants. The staff was courteous and helpful. The hotel was spotlessly clean. You are across the street from New Scotland yard, so needless to say, an incredibly safe neighborhood! If I had but one word against the place, it's that breakfast cost 30 GBP (almost $50, or $300 for a family of six). Maybe I just had US$/GBP sticker shock, but that was just too much for our budget, so we solved it by going to a variety of cafes or bakeries within a block and bought a coffee or juice, plus a pastry for 30 GBP for the whole family! But it was great to have so many nice clean take away venues to use this option.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank FarmerBen_61
StErmins, General Manager at St. Ermin's Hotel, Autograph Collection, responded to this reviewResponded August 15, 2011

Dear Sir,
Your positive review is a delight to read. Our design team put a lot of thought into the family rooms but we didn’t realise how popular they were going to become! I am really happy that you found the two bathrooms so useful and the rooms to your liking.
Our continental breakfast is £19.00 and our Full English Breakfast including juices/ coffee is £24. I realise with a large family costs do mount up, but we also have a ‘Wake and Take’ breakfast option which you might wish to try next time, whereby you can have a coffee and fresh muffin for just £5.00.
I shall pass on your great comments about the high cleanliness to my house-keeping team who do a fantastic job making sure the hotel is spotless and I hope that you and your family will choose to stay with us again,
Kind regards

Reviewed August 7, 2011

This was our first trip to London and although it was difficult to choose a hotel I am glad we chose to stay at the recently renovated St. Ermin's Hotel. The room was very comfortable, staff were terrific - loved the door man with his hat and tails. The staff are very pleasant and helpful. The side gardens are a nice touch and beautifully done. The hotel is in walking distance to Buckingham Palace, Westminster Abbey, Churchill War Rooms, Big Ben, St James Park as well as St. James tube station.
Loved our stay and we'll be back soon.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Hethur
StErmins, General Manager at St. Ermin's Hotel, Autograph Collection, responded to this reviewResponded August 9, 2011

Dear Sir/ Madam,

Thank you for your shining review and for awarding us with top marks for value, sleep quality, cleanliness and service. It is pleasing to know you were impressed by my team and I am really glad they were able to help you have an enjoyable stay.
We very much look forward to welcoming you again soon.
Best regards

Reviewed August 4, 2011

We stayed in this beautiful hotel - sadly just one night! When we arrrived we were greeted by very helpful staff who immediately made us feel welcome. As soon as we got to our room we were thrilled - it looked even more beautiful than the pictures and was very cosy. The bed and TV were huge and everything in the room iImmaculate - we honestly couldnt find fault! The only thing I will say is that the bathroom was not massive. Obviously the Hotel has recently been renovated and so everything is just perfect and the attention to detail from the clearning to the food presentation was spot on. I'm a total perfectionist but really struggled to think of any negative comments to make. The only negative thing I would say is that you have to pay extra if you want a cooked breafkast, but to be honest there's such a great selction of food in the morning that I wouldnt bother - you really will be spoilt for choice! In terms of the restaurant (which is beautiful)- again you order a main but then have to pay extra for veg/sides which you would normally expect to come with the dinner. The hotel is quite continental and as a result the food reflects this. In terms of the location - prefect and just around the corner from the tube. We will definately be visiting this Hotel again in the future. Anyone that is lucky enough to visit will not be dissapointed!..an absolute jewel!

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
8  Thank chrissieNorthampton
StErmins, General Manager at St. Ermin's Hotel, Autograph Collection, responded to this reviewResponded August 5, 2011

Dear Madam,

Wow! Thank you for such an incredible review- you have made my day! I am very happy that you were so impressed with the hotel and my team and it’s really good to know that we surpassed your expectations.
Thank you for taking the time to write your comments and I hope that when you come back you will be able to stay a little longer.

Kindest regards

Reviewed August 3, 2011

Just returned from a stay at st ermins. First impressions were not great when our room was not ready. However from then on all was good. Loved all the little touches. View from was awful but London hotels and the room was lot smaller than pic showed. However was still
Lovely. We had a picnic with our deal which wAs amazing! Apart from few little moans. A great stay

• Stayed: August 2011
3  Thank jewelsoo7
Reviewed August 3, 2011

I loved how the staffs were so welcoming when I arrived first. I have been traveling Europe for a month now, and it was the first hotel to greet us when we arrived. They were so friendly and they helped us a lot of the times such as when we wanted to go somewhere, when my mom injured her ankle, and when we wanted to do something.
The location is great because it is just a few minutes from both Westminster Abbey and the Buckingham Palace. It is also near from the Victoria Street.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank kiyeran

Dear Sir/Madam,

Thank you for your great feedback, I am delighted to know that you appreciated our friendly staff, especially as you seem to be such a seasoned traveller! My team all work hard to make this a friendly and warm hotel and I am glad we were able to look after both you and your mum.

Best regards,

Reviewed August 2, 2011

Rare find to have two queen beds, two baths and a day bed for a London hotel. This was a great set up for two adults and two toddlers Updates to hotel were well done and as noted in previous posts, are still ongoing. Gary, the concierge, was great to work with. Can't beat the location.

• Stayed: July 2011
4  Thank Travelingduncs
Reviewed July 30, 2011

I realize that we arrived when they were still opening but the disappointing elements aren't likely to change. The rooms were cramped and minimal- not what you'd expect for the high price! The furnishings were modern but not as elegant as the website made them seem. Good location- easy walk to the tube.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank psryan

Dear Sir/ Madam,
Thank you for your comments. I am sorry to hear you thought your room was not spacious enough, however we do have different room categories and on your next visit may I recommend you stay in one of our larger rooms?
We are very fortunate with our location and the ease of getting to the major tourist sites or jumping on the tube from St James’s Park means that our guests do not have to worry about walking too far.
I do hope you will visit St.Ermin’s again in the future,
Best regards