Ibis Styles London Excel
Doubletree
$549
$387
  • Restaurant
The Nadler Kensington(London)(Great Value!)
$119
$215
$159
Priceline
1,663 results
All reviewscustom housedlr stationexcel exhibition centreattached pubcanning townbreakfast roomcity airportbreakfast was includedshower cubicletwin roombuffet stylebuilding workjubilee linetransport linkswould stay againrooms are smallthe hotel is clean
Reviewed October 18, 2013

I stayed here for one night while on a business trip in London and have not got a bad word to say! I've never stayed in an Ibis Styles hotel before, but I imagined it would be something similar to a Travelodge - basic, no frills, does what it says on the tin. I was pleasantly surprised to find that this hotel offered far more than I expected for the very reasonable price!

My room on the 3rd floor was clean, bright and modern and I had a great night's sleep in the very comfortable bed. Despite being directly across the street from the DLR, I wasn't bothered by noise at all. The bathroom was very small but this didn't worry me - it had a loo, a basin and a shower and was spotlessly clean, which is really all you need!

Other features of the room: TV, coffee making facilities, a thicker duvet available if required, and the free WiFi was very fast and very welcome - at more expensive hotels WiFi is often charged as extra (and is hideously expensive), so to get it free was great! No toiletries were provided other than a wall-mounted bottle of hair/body gel, but this was as I expected. I've been to Travelodges where all you're given is a waxy bar of soap!

I thought the breakfast was tasty and perfectly adequate - a standard hot and cold buffet which certainly set me up for the day. My colleague and I also ate an evening meal in the pub adjoining the hotel and had a simple but tasty burger and chips and a lovely bottle of wine which were both reasonable for London prices - the staff were very happy to serve us food even though we arrived just as they were closing down the kitchen for the night. On that note I must say that all the hotel staff were friendly and helpful, especially the man on the door at breakfast who learned my name and told jokes!

Room Tip: I was in room 329 which was absolutely fine. My colleague was in a 5th floor room which she said had sloping ceilings due to being in the roof. I didn't see it myself, but I suppose this could make the room feel a lot smaller.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
Sean O, Manager at Ibis Styles London Excel, responded to this reviewResponded October 21, 2013

Dear Missylisa

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of your recent stay and we appreciate your feedback.

We've forwarded your nice comments about the staff to each team member and again, thank you for this.

Do let us know about staying again, we're great for weekend trips and with the O2 just a short distance away as well as the new QEII (Olympic) Park, then why not treat yourself with a nice show and a stay?

We hope to see you soon

Reviewed October 15, 2013

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
Sean O, Manager at Ibis Styles London Excel, responded to this reviewResponded October 17, 2013

Reviewed October 12, 2013 via mobile

The hotel is conveniently located straight opposite Custom House DLR station so it has very good transport links to Canary Wharf & Central London.

The room was small and clean and the bed was comfy. The bathroom, again, was small but perfectly formed.

Breakfast was good and the food warm. You can't really expect much more from a budget hotel so all in all the stay was satisfactory.

Stayed: October 2013
1  Thank james_r_uk
Sean O, Manager at Ibis Styles London Excel, responded to this reviewResponded October 14, 2013

Dear Sir / Madam

Thank you for the review of your recent stay and we're pleased you enjoyed your stay with us.

We have a great location, hotel and are proud of what we offer.

Do let us know about staying again and we look forward to welcoming you back

Reviewed October 11, 2013

Stayed 4 nights here, and a good budget hotel ideal for Excel. Rooms are as you expect, nothing to shout about and the bathrooms are tiny, but if you book in advance and get a good rate then it's much better value than any of the hotels nearby. ExCel hotel are quite expensive, so this is a good alternative for a couple of nights. Staff are friendly, parking is £10 a day, breakfast is canteen style but does the job.

Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business

Dear Sir / Madam

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of your recent stay and appreciate you taking the time to give your feedback.

The hotel has undergone a huge transformation and now boasts a lot of colour, fresh vibrant decor and free Wi-Fi throughout.

Keep your eyes peeled on the website, we have some great deals and always happy to help.

Reviewed October 8, 2013

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
Sean O, Manager at Ibis Styles London Excel, responded to this reviewResponded October 11, 2013