Ibis Styles London Excel
$288
$277
Orbitz.com
1,662 results
All reviewscustom housedlr stationexcel exhibition centreattached pubcanning townbreakfast roomcity airportbreakfast was includedshower cubicletwin roombuffet stylebuilding workjubilee linetransport linkswould stay againrooms are smallthe hotel is clean
Reviewed May 7, 2013

We stayed here for the Bank holiday weekend. The hotel is clean and the staff were friendly and helpful. The rooms have all you need. A comfy bed, spare pillows and tea and coffee making facilities, and a TV . The bathroom is very small but clean and we had fresh towels both days, and body wash in the shower and a soap dispenser over the sink. We ate in the restaurant and had a beautiful steak.The drinks in the bar are quite expensive but it is London after all. The breakfast was plentiful and the food was hot and tasty. The links into London on the DLR were excellent. We would be happy to stay here again.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank DurhamTrippers
Sean O, Manager at Ibis Styles London Excel, responded to this reviewResponded May 8, 2013

Dear Sunderland!

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel and we're glad you enjoyed your stay. New beds are being rolled out to enhance the comfort of the rooms as well as some new menus recently.

We do try and keep our prices below our competitors in the area and do hope you enjoyed the atmosphere of the pub and the hotel.

Do let us know when you'd like to stay again and hope to see you soon

Reards

Reviewed May 7, 2013

I stayed here recently as part of an event at the Excel and was pleasantly surprised. The hotel is simple but room sizes are huge (for London) and the pub next door serves as restaurant, what more do you want? And the DLR station is across the road and City Airport a few stops further as well as the Jubilee line. Breakfast was good too.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Matthijs K

Dear Matthiijs,

Thank you for the review and taking time to give us some feedback. We're glad you enjoyed the hotel, our location and great value.

Rates do change like all hotels and we have introduced some advanced purchase rates to enhance this value.

We hope to see you soon, thank you again.

Ibis Styles London Excel

Reviewed May 5, 2013

No complaints about the hotel facilities and room, but was REALLY messed about when checking out. Booked through the Accor.com website, as I normally do. Price was £134 for two nights payable on checking out.

As I had a few drinks and meal to pay for I did not properly check the bill until after leaving the desk. It was then I noticed that I had been charged £85 per night, an overcharge of £36 on the booking.

I went back to the desk and it then took FOUR members of staff to try and sort out what had happened. Luckily I had a copy of the confirmation on my phone, as they could not find anything on their computer screen, and could not offer any explanation as to why their system was not showing the correct price.

Eventually they gave me a £36 refund, but could not explain what had gone wrong, and I never did really get a proper apology.

Everything else during my stay was fine. It is a nice basic hotel, with good food, and for the price of £139 for two nights reasonable value for money - although I would say that the beds are not as comfortable as the standard IBIS hotels.

The problems at checkout unfortunately overshadowed the good parts of my stay. The 15 minutes delay at checkout, added to closure of the District and Hammersmith lines, meant I missed my booked train home by about 1 minute!!

Room Tip: Check your bill carefully, and if you pre-book take a copy of your confirmation.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
Sean O, Manager at Ibis Styles London Excel, responded to this reviewResponded May 7, 2013

Dear Alan

Thank you for the review and appreciate you taking the time to post a review about your stay.

I understand from our Operations Manager that he has investigated your problems whilst checking out and we apologise for the confusion that occurred.

A letter of apology was sent out yesterday and should be with you shortly.

We do hope to see you again soon and rest assured we will be looking after you.

Reviewed May 4, 2013

My partner and I stayed in this hotel for a Congress at the Excel in April 2013. The place is just perfect for this, as the Excel is just opposite the hotel walking distance. Everything about the hotel was good. The rooms are modern, beds are confortable, bathrooms are clean, staff is very useful. Very satisfied. And breakfast in the morning is superb! Lots of choice. On top, the bar downstairs is very cosy and they serve quality pub food. When we arrived at midnight for dinner on the second night and food was not served anymore at the bar, they allowed us to have take away pizza in the room. What else can we ask for? If you are looking for a hotel for the Excel or the Docklands, look no more!

Room Tip: Apparently, the rooms facing the parking at the back are better. The ones facing the main street at the front seem to be noisier, or so have we heard.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business

Dear Carlos,
Thank you for taking the time to post a review and we're pleased you enjoyed your stay with us.

We are well located for ExCel and also for other key attractions in the area, such as the O2, the Cable Car and easy access to the Jubilee line for rapid access.

We hope to see you again and thank you for the review.

Reviewed May 1, 2013

Perfect - we wanted a no-fuss, clean, reasonably priced place to stay prior to the London Marathon and this place was great. Transport links are good using the DLR. We would stay again; it's a quiet area at night.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with clever-hotels.com
Sean O, Manager at Ibis Styles London Excel, responded to this reviewResponded May 3, 2013

Dear Neil, thank you for taking the time to post a review and for your positive comments.

We're proud of what we have achievd over the last 6 months and with the new beds, the on-going staff training and our great location, we're hoping to keep up the good work.

Do let us know about staying again and we hope to see you soon