“The Real Thing!”

Neighborhood: Shoreditch
London, England, United Kingdom
“The Real Thing!”
Reviewed December 30, 2013

Authentic Italian cuisine with a relaxed atmosphere. I recommend the Risotto and any pasta. The chef/owner takes his stuff very seriously!

• Visited September 2013

“Fantastic food at a fantastic price”
Reviewed October 4, 2013

We were looking for somewhere to eat around Hoxon and stumbled across this place. It's good simple food but done really well. Best steak I've had in ages. Loads of charm and character and great service.

• Visited October 2013
London, United Kingdom
“impressive”
Reviewed August 15, 2013

ok the food is not spectacular (and doesn't pretend to be) - but nothing to complain about either. The service (family run I think) is superb, and the prices for the area border on ridiculously cheap. Stumbled across this place and would be very happy to go again and again. Despite being in Hoxton Square, it feels like a welcoming local restaurant/bar. If you're in the area, it's worth a look.

• Visited August 2013
Leicestershire
“Best ever risotto”
Reviewed July 3, 2013 via mobile

Ruby's has a real buzz but with a very relaxed atmosphere. Service impeccable and staff friendly and welcoming. I had the mushroom and leek risotto. Seriously guys that was the best Ive ever tasted. Excellent value too

• Visited July 2013
London
“I like this place allot!!”
Reviewed May 24, 2013

My very pregnant friend and I met up in east London earlier this week, we wanted to have a girlie catch up, eat a nice meal and not spend too much money. We stumbled across the Ruby Cafe in Hoxton Square where we indulged in a beautiful meal and great conversation (baby stuff!)..... Even though I had planned on having alight dinner I couldn't resist the pork chops with mashed potatoes and red onion which everyone seemed to be ordering. Some other dishes that everyone seemed to be ordering were the calamari salad, seafood risotto and scrumptious looking hummus covered in green olives and surrounded by toasted french stick bread. Last but not least the service is some of the best I have ever had in London... I am already planing my next visit back...

• Visited May 2013