“Great Turkish Food”

Gokyuzu Restaurant
Ranked #596 of 24,250 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: Turkish
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Gokyuzu is owned and run by us, the Yavuz family, and has been since we first opened our doors to the restaurant in the popular Green Lanes area of Harringay in 1999. As a family business it was vitally important to us that everyone worked well as a team. We took a lot of care in selecting great chefs and training our front-of-house staff to understand the Gokyuzu way of doing things… with warmth and generosity. Nothing is too much trouble in our restaurant. Our customers are our guests: just as they would be in our home. We think it says a lot about our approach to Turkish dining that some of our most popular dishes are our sharing platters. One of our bestsellers is the “Full Platter” – a combination of lamb shish, chicken shish, adana kebab, lamb ribs, chicken and lamb doner, chicken wings and of course rice and bulgur – and we believe that it’s popular because it encapsulates what Gokyuzu is about: everyone can try a little bit of everything and enjoy the experience of communal dining and sharing food and time with others. We always intended to create a home-from-home restaurant; a warm dining experience, where diners can relax and staff are happy. This is what makes a great Turkish restaurant. Of course, it’s also fabulous when we hear that diners who are visiting from Istanbul believe our kebabs are better than the ones they get at home. It makes us feel that we’ve achieved our goal: a truly authentic Turkish restaurant in London. We look forward to welcoming you to Gokyuzu
Reviewed October 13, 2013

The food in here was very good, served quickly and most of the portions were generous. The daal soup needs more lemon just as a note.

The restaurant was very busy for good reason. They do both sit down service and takeaway here.

I would eat here again.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,236)

Reviewed October 12, 2013

I live very close and been there several times. Green Lines is full of similar restaurants but Gokyuzu is the one always full and with people waiting. The food is always very good, large portions and the service friendly and efficient. I have taken several friends there and everyone is always surprised with the quality and reasonable prices.

Reviewed October 11, 2013 via mobile

This is a great place. Buzzing with excellent food and quick service. It was the 2nd time I travelled from the other side of london to visit. We ate like kings, the meat is so tasty. Had a few beers each. £17 per person. Oh and I took home the leftovers. Lunch and dinner the next day.

Reviewed October 11, 2013 via mobile

Fantastic service. Loved the food and could not believe how much was served. Didn't have to wait long either. Will definitely go there again.

Reviewed October 10, 2013

I am half Turkish, half English (a Londoner), so I have eaten in many of Turkish restaurants both in the UK and in Turkey. This is by far my favourite Turkish restaurant in London and I am so pleased it was voted 2nd best restaurant in London on Tripadvisor. It throughly deserves it. The food is delicious, the service is always very friendly - they let me practice my Turkish with them and the price of the food is ridiculously cheap. I can't recommend it enough. On my Birthday, they made a huge deal of it, bringing me out cakes - all singing Happy Birthday. I am sorry it has become so busy that the queues are often bad, but I guess with it being as great as it is, this can not be avoided.