“Learn from your mistakes ”

Jamie's Italian Stratford
Ranked #6,570 of 25,075 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Jamie’s Italian is a contemporary and informal restaurant with a menu that reflects Jamie Oliver’s passion for authentic Italian cooking, delivered with his own unique twist on classic recipes. Beautiful rustic dishes are created using carefully sourced, higher-welfare ingredients for the best flavour, but still at great value. This is a relaxed, affordable and accessible environment where the style, atmosphere and menu can be easily adapted to suit any occasion. KNOWN FOR Child friendly; great value, quick lunch; special occasions; group bookings, party planning.
Reviewed September 4, 2017 via mobile

Jamie Oliver says he makes mistakes all the time. Question is, does he learn from them? Recent reviews of this restaurant suggest he does not.

I first visited Jamie's because when he started his restaurant chain, I had delicious food such as truffle tagliatelle, prawn linguine and a glorious seafood bucatini. But over the years I have become more disenchanted with the quality of dishes and visited less and less.

However,as I strolled by one weekend on my way to another eatery I spotted my beloved truffle tagliatelle on the menu and was drawn in.

The dish was the worst version I had ever tasted. It was really watery and lacked flavour. I hoped it was a fluke and had another pasta dish, penne arrabbiata. For some reason this dish was also watery and lack any proper flavour. The pasta did not even taste fresh.

Needless to say I massively regretted acting on impulse. Next time I will go to Padella because it is much more delicious and cheaper and the people creating the food seem to have a lot more passion for pasta.

Jamie's Italian R, Manager at Jamie's Italian Stratford, responded to this reviewResponded September 6, 2017

Hello Jo, I'm really sorry that you didn't enjoy your meal. We really care about the quality of the produce we use to make our dishes and this should shine through in the flavours; it seems we let ourselves and our ingredients down this time. Can you email me on jen.blow@jamiesitalian.com with a little more information on when you visited so I can look into this for you? We take all of our guests feedback seriously and always strive to improve on areas that are not perfect and the more information we have, the better we can be. Thank you.

Reviewed September 3, 2017

The meal was lovely, instead of one main each. we ate mezze style (on advice from the waiter) and had lots of starters and a meat plank charcuterie style centre piece for the table - it all looks very cool in front of us and was plenty of food, the front of house knowledge for the food was great too!

We'll definitely be back & after reading reviews about cold food, maybe more people could take the good advice that our waiter gave us!

Hello T, Sounds like you had a great time with us, our meat plank is such a classic dish and it tastes amazing too; I'm addicted to the chilli jam we serve with the pecorino and music bread. If you can drop me a line on jen.blow@jamiesitalian.com and let me know when you came in I'll make sure that your waiter is properly thanked by us for making sure you had such a nice meal. If you haven't already, try the steamed mussels next time you're in, they are a new addition to our menu and so simple but absolutely delicious!

Reviewed September 2, 2017

we went to the Jamies Italian in Westfield Stratford city, initially because it's the only chain our kids will eat in.. the staff there were honestly comparable with professional babysitters!? the man on the door when we arrived gave the kids little party bags and a red viewer for the kids menu - brilliant idea! and it got them excited, then a different man, our waiter continued the dedicated service and keeping the kids entertained all meal, he was busy but whenever he walked past our table he made the effort to make sure they/we were happy! then as we we're leaving two more different members of staff high-fiving the kids and waving goodbye.
people who know how hard it is to take young children out for dinner will know how important this trip was for me. can't wait to try the others and come back

Jamie's Italian R, Manager at Jamie's Italian Stratford, responded to this reviewResponded September 4, 2017

Hi Stacey, it's great to hear that you had such a lovely time at our Stratford branch and that you and the kids were so well looked after. If you could drop me an email on jen.blow@jamiesitalian.com and let me know when you came in I can make sure your waiter is properly thanked for the excellent service he gave. I hope we see you all again very soon! Thanks, Jen

Reviewed September 2, 2017

We were greeted by a friendly, smiling host and offered several tables to choose from. The food was presented and everyone was happy with the quality. The server came over several times to check we were happy and to offer any other items. Very pleased with our experience.

hello Helen, I'm so glad you and the boys had a lovely meal on Friday, it was great to meet you and put a face to the name. I hope you and your friends will come and visit us again soon and try out some more of our lovely new menu dishes. Thanks, Jen

Reviewed August 31, 2017 via mobile

I never normally write reviews but my recent visit to your restaurant was so good that I had to write one! My waitress Demi Batten was brilliant! She looked after us all throughout our visit and was so helpful with recommending some really tasty meals. I will definitely be back to hopefully receive such good service again
Thanks!

Hi Louise, I'm so happy to hear that you had a great time. Demi is a new addition to our team and we are very lucky to have her here, she really lives and breathes our values of world class service and going that little bit further to provide our guests with the very best time we can. I hope we can welcome you back for many more enjoyable meals here with us. Next time you visit, email me on jen.blow@jamiesitalian.com and I'll personally book you a table. Thanks!