“Rude waitress, awful food”

Jamie's Italian Stratford
Ranked #5,485 of 22,674 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Jamie’s Italian is a contemporary and informal restaurant with a menu that reflects Jamie Oliver’s passion for authentic Italian cooking, delivered with his own unique twist on classic recipes. Beautiful rustic dishes are created using carefully sourced, higher-welfare ingredients for the best flavour, but still at great value. This is a relaxed, affordable and accessible environment where the style, atmosphere and menu can be easily adapted to suit any occasion. KNOWN FOR Child friendly; great value, quick lunch; special occasions; group bookings, party planning.
London, United Kingdom
“Rude waitress, awful food”
Reviewed October 11, 2013 via mobile

My partner and I were meeting up with a friend who we hadn't seen in a while, and with Stratford being a midway point we opted to eat in Jamie's Italian. I've been to one before in the docklands and I remembered it was a good dining experience so went in with high hopes.

I work in hospitality as a host and have done for a while, and have come to know a level of service that I expect from dining establishments. The host explained that the table would be available in 30 mins but was a little awkward and tried to make us stay in their bar - which wasn't really an appetising prospect as restaurant bars aren't normally very good.

On returning the host said our table still wasn't ready. But said no more - leaving us to decide that we would go to the bar and hope she would come to get us. It's a bit awkward when you're not directed in a restaurant as every establishment operates it's own personal procedures. However, my previous thought that the restaurant bar would be awful we're wrong - with a selection of interesting well priced cocktails.

After about 10 mins of sipping our cocktails we were sat next to a window which was quite nice. However, this was unfortunately where anything remotely nice happened for the rest of our meal.

Our waitress had an absolutely awful attitude, when my boyfriend enquired if the burger was from frozen she replied 'it's Jamie Oliver's... Jamie Oliver's! Everything is fresh' but then then burger can only come well done? Fresh meat is safe to cook to whatever the customer requires... Anyway we ordered a Fish and a Meat Plank for starter between the three of us and I ordered the gluten free pasta vongole, my partner ordered the burger and our friend ordered the black angel pasta.

The planks were underwhelming and required bread which my friends had to order. They said the bread was stale and I felt it and it was very dry! So obviously even though it was 'Jamie Oliver's' the bread obviously isn't fresh!

The mains where the biggest insult to my taste buds! My pasta was rather bland and then the clams! Oh my.. They weren't washed and were the sandiest things in the world! They crunched, every single one of them! My friends black pasta didn't have any sauce, and even though it was a seafood dish she likes Parmesan cheese on it.. So she requested some but instead of the waitress saying 'yes of course' she replied with her attitude saying 'for a seafood dish? In Italy that is not done' but did finally bring some...
My boyfriends burger wasn't just well done, it was burnt! The meat was so dry it was ridiculous and he said once again that the bread was stale so the combination of the two made it hard to swallow. He told the waitress and she said 'it is well done' that's not an answer! Learn some bloody manners! Anyway he asked if he could change it for something else and got the salmon which was fine.

Overall I would strongly suggest that you don't go here, there's nothing worth paying for other than the cocktails.

• Hungarian first
Dorking, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Jamie is a dude”
Reviewed October 10, 2013

Always go to Jamie's when we see one, good news is they are popping up all over the place nowadays. Great pasta with plenty of heat, turn up the chilli..... The place was busy and our table of eight chose lots of different dishes to all try, all good. Great friendly staff just the way I like it. Jamie you're the man.

• Visited October 2013
Oslo, Norway
“Good idea, but not that impressive”
Reviewed October 7, 2013

"Jamies Italian" has become a restaurant chain that you see popping up all over London. Jamie Oliver has really sold his name to everything lately! And this is no exception. I like the idea of semi-fancy,rustic italian food, and had quite high expectations going in to the place. I ordered a chicken, and regretted it the moment I tasted the dish. There was some salad and a very dry chicken piece on my plate, and that was about it! My three year old's childrens meal consisting of fish fingers, potatoes and salat had more on the plate. The pasta might be good here, but as I didn't taste it I can only go from the experience I had of the chicken. Otherwise the staff was helpfull and efficient (very important when dining with a small child), and the food arrived quickly. Conclusion would be, please try if you wan the ambience and feel of the unique Jamie Oliver's Italian dining style- complete with his cookbooks for sale, just in case you forgot who's restaurant this is- but don't expect too much!

• Visited September 2013
Cork, Ireland
“Poor service with ok food”
Reviewed October 5, 2013 via mobile

I have eaten in Jamie's Italian at various locations around the UK and have generally enjoyed the experience. The service and quality of the food in this branch was unfortunately poor. I will not be returning to this location again.

Visited October 2013
london
“JAMIE JOY!”
Reviewed October 4, 2013

Visited Westfield with some culinary trepidation but needn't have worried !!
Jamie's was housed in a nice light,airy area. Lamb ravioli and sausage paperdelle were delish. Everything was fresh and well cooked.
Cheerful and knowledgeable staff.
Nice,well priced Montepulciano.