“Good service and nice food”

Jamie's Italian Stratford
Ranked #7,313 of 24,254 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Jamie’s Italian is a contemporary and informal restaurant with a menu that reflects Jamie Oliver’s passion for authentic Italian cooking, delivered with his own unique twist on classic recipes. Beautiful rustic dishes are created using carefully sourced, higher-welfare ingredients for the best flavour, but still at great value. This is a relaxed, affordable and accessible environment where the style, atmosphere and menu can be easily adapted to suit any occasion. KNOWN FOR Child friendly; great value, quick lunch; special occasions; group bookings, party planning.
Reviewed July 31, 2013

We had booked a table for a birthday lunch and had a table upstairs. Service was friendly and attentive and we all enjoyed the food - may not be the best thing we've ever eaten but it was good and reasonably priced. Serving sizes were quite large! My husband and brother in law are both big eaters and were happily filled. Good choice on the menu and the tiramisu I had for dessert was enough for two people - easily. They had realised it was someone's birthday from cards and presents (we didn't mention it when we booked) and when they brought dessert it had 'happy birthday' written on the plate in chocolate sauce - a nice touch we thought. Had our 18 month old with us too and they supplied crayons to colour in the children's menu. We will return when we are back at Westfield.

Reviewed July 30, 2013

We were lucky enough to get a table outside on a lovely sunny day, waiting to go into the Olympic Stadium for the Anniversary Games. The staff were great, orders taken in good time and although when we accepted the table we were told they needed the table in 50 minutes time, we were not rushed at all.

There were 5 of us and we tried a number of the starters and mains available. All were tasty and very well cooked. We had fun and games with some polenta chips, which one of my companions had ordered to eat with her main course and they bought with the starters, took away and then brought out again (fresh ones) way before the mains came out but they were tasty and we ate them anyway! Jamies special beer and Prosecco were lovely too.

It's a long walk to the bathrooms upstairs (there is a lift) and ladies beware, the signage is ambiguous, I nearly ended up in the men's (actually I DID end up in the gents but I was told the error of my ways by a very polite man!). The big 'm' and 'l' were supposed to be the give-away but I was just looking at the big arrow and WC on the partition above my head! Hey ho :-)

Would definitely eat here again if visiting Westfields, nicer than sitting below ground in the food hall but obviously more expensive!

Reviewed July 29, 2013

Had to be done, but to be honest, without doubt worth every penny and more. Very informal but with every attention to detail. The menu is full of stunning ideas and the dishes are some of the best pasta I've ever eaten. Had to try the olives after their bold statement... However, they really are the best in the world... WHERE DO I FIND THEM? Try and sit outside in the courtyard.

Reviewed July 29, 2013

Usual Jamie reliable quality and food we had today was best ever. Service & friendliness better than previously at other JIs, where I think it has been a weak point.

Reviewed July 28, 2013

Family member took us here as we love Jamie's places and use his books to cook all the time. Its shame this place lets the side down. Firstly too many kids running around, it was more like a toddlers play group than a lunch time sitting. Secondly the service was appalling, admittedly we have grown used to North American high standards of customer service but this was beyond a joke. We waited ages for the waitress to take our order, we requested water which they brought in a jug for 6 of us, it was never topped up just left empty. We ordered one of the platters and the hot dishes were delivered while the platter itself sat on the counter behind us until our server noticed it. We believe a manager took some of our order - well she started to take it and then was interrupted by another staff member and spoke to them. In one of our parties words..."I suppose it tastes just as it would if we cooked from the book" - yeah it did, when I am eating in one of the dining rooms of this establishment I expect it to taste better. I rate the families with children as excellent because of the comments at the beginning of this review!