“Ideal”
Review of Pizarro

Pizarro
Reserve with OpenTable
Pizarro is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #612 of 22,511 Restaurants in London
Good for: Families with children, Large groups, Business meetings, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Brunch, Dinner, Late Night, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: Southwark
Description: The full-sized restaurant is one block away from my sherry and tapas bar, José, on Bermondsey Street. At the front there is a bar, offering a great selection of sherries and Spanish wines, with a spotlight on cavas, Spanish style gin tónicas and Spanish vermút. Here, at the window seats overlooking the lovely church of St Mary Magdalen or at the long communal table or at the bar itself, you can have a drink and graze on snacks, cheese, cold cuts and special tapas all day long. At the rear is more formal restaurant seating - tables for 2 and 4, banquettes for 4-5, a large communal table for 8-10 people and a private dining room for 8-10 people. The restaurant is open for lunch and dinner in the evening all day from Monday until Sunday. When the restaurant area is open, the restaurant food menu is available in both the restaurant and the bar. We offer a selection of small and more substantial dishes that can be served as starters and mains or as tapas for sharing. As usual, I want to bring you delicious food with bright new flavours - the season's best on a plate. We take reservations for lunch and dinner in the restaurant and private dining tables, but hold the bar seating back for walk-ins.
“Ideal”
Reviewed April 12, 2013

Food was great, service was fantastic, general atmosphere was lovely. Went with a group of 11 and everybody liked it.

• Visited April 2013

Richmond, United Kingdom
“An excellent Menu del Dia”
Reviewed April 12, 2013

We discovered Pizarro by chance and were pleasantly surprised by the food and service.
From the first olive everything was just righ to counterbalance a damp and dismal Friday.
Our lunch was a simple meal full of subtle flavours which left us wanting to return..

• Visited April 2013
London, United Kingdom
“Good tapas restaurant, excellent food”
Reviewed April 7, 2013

Have visited on numerous occasions and have always enjoyed the food.
Excellent tapas, service varies.
I would not book for a special occasion but know that I will have good food when I visit.

Visited January 2013
1 Thank bazzafontaine
London, United Kingdom
“Good vibe and atmosphere but rubbish food and way too ££££££!”
Reviewed April 1, 2013

This restaurant serves only food and drink from Spain, which I think is a great concept BUT I could have really done with a Gin and Tonic to start!!! The restaurant is very nice looking and we sat at the back of the restaurant on a big round table. Very intimate and probably one of the best spots to sit if you are a big party.

So, we started with a Spanish Sherry, not my personal cup of tea. We could gage much from the wine list, other than where it from from, there needed to be some commentary on the list of perhaps for the waiter to go through this with you.

Olives and bread - This was nice - the olives tasted meaty and the bread was fresh too.

For starters I had Prawns, mushrooms in garlic - the posrtion size was small and tasted good but probably because I was hungry.

Mains I had lamb neck fillet - very chewy, I had one bite and swapped! It was some kind of fish and was tasteless. I wasnt even finished and the waiter took my plate away!

Cheese Board to finish - not nice, cheese was too hard and the teeny weeny crackers served with it.

I wouldnt visit here agin.

• Visited March 2013
1 Thank Rani S
London, United Kingdom
“Great atmosphere but disappointing food”
Reviewed March 19, 2013

We ate here on Saturday night and loved the atmosphere, open kitchen and attentative service. We ate here having previously eaten at sister restaurant Jose (which is better though different) and we were slightly disappointed. Some dishes were very good (Jamon Iberico, manchego with peppers) but others distintively average (sweetbreads, squid). I hope it was just on off night and would probably give it another try given the reputation and quality of the head chef.

• Visited March 2013