“Great Steaks...but”

Goodman Canary Wharf
Reserve with OpenTable
Goodman Canary Wharf is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #85 of 23,593 Restaurants in London
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed August 2, 2013

Goodmans has to be one of my favorite steak houses, so when the Canary Wharf one opened I had to head over there, its a great location, maybe it was because it was new but between three of us we had to change our order 2-3 times due to them not having the steaks we wanted, this was after we were talked through the selection, so a bit dissapointed but will put it down to teething. Other than that the steak and service was as expected from a goodmans.

Reviewed July 24, 2013 via mobile

Had a wonderfull Steak here simply the best in London!buttery taste and melt in the mouth no need to chew and great death of flavour,would not hesite to recommend a meal here, can't wait to return!!

Reviewed July 22, 2013

I Have been here a few times both for both business and socially. I must say not only their steaks & lobster are fantastic. I might go as far to say as the best ive ever had in London.

I would reccomend this restaurant highly above anywhere else ive been to so far, both locally to Canary wharf and in the centre,

All the staff are superb, from the welcoming hostesses, through to the jovial bar staff, the attentive waiters and proffesional managers. They are all friendly, chatty, knowledgable but not over bearing. They make you feel relaxed and at home, yet still hold an excellent attention to detail.

The decor is nice, with comfortable booths and large floor to ceiling windows over looking the water, facing the hub of Canary Wharf & the O2 arena off to the right. Or If you prefer in this hot weather, there is plenty of outside seating too. I would reccomend booking in advance though to request this, as they do get booked up fast, however, I have never had a problem as yet.

Another thing I would mention is that they have an excellent & extensive wine list that caters for all budgets (both by the glass or the bottle). I would personally reccomend either the Malbec or the Pinot Noir, but thats just my taste. They have a selection of draught beers also, from a local brewery in greenwich (called meantime) and also a great selection of bottled beers for all tastes. I believe even a north american gluten / yeast free beer for any one that is coeliac. I have been told the cocktails are first class too.

In short, A fantastic place to go, where chef;s cooks well, and staff give fantastic hospiltality. I will be back again in the near future for certain, and would highly reccomend this for either a relaxed business lunch, or a relaxed dinner amongst friends or family.

Reviewed July 18, 2013

Really great steaks - with expert advice on picking the right one for you. Steak arrived perfectly cooked.

Also had sides of chips (wow - yummy), Creamed Spinach (very yummy), my friend had steamed spinach + Mac and Cheese - both were equally yummy apparently.
The waiter did indicate that the sides could be shared... (i think we was politely telling us we were ordering a lot!!).... but we fancied different things so ordered anyway! I'm a big eater and a child of the 70's (so was brough up to clear my plate... a habbit i still struggle to break!!) ... but the side portions were big and we didn't manage to finish any of them.

Cost (inclduing service) for the two of use was £100... worth every penny.

Really nice service as well.

Reviewed July 13, 2013 via mobile

My wife and I had dinner here for her birthday.It was very memorable night each other because this restaurant's mood and serving.