“Brilliant food and service”

Goodman Canary Wharf
Reserve with OpenTable
Goodman Canary Wharf is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #112 of 23,993 Restaurants in London
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed May 19, 2013 via mobile

Came after a recommendation from a couple of friends. Service was brilliant, and the waiters are really helpful in recommending which cuts to have and how to have them cooked.

Only let down was the drinks, which were a bit overpriced.

Reviewed May 18, 2013

Until a colleague happened to be eating here with clients and I joined them as I was in the area. The Longhorn Steak was fantastic; the best I have ever had. I like steak, so I have had a few. The prices are high, but as my colleague was paying that did not affect the experience.

I assume the South Quay location means it is full of braying bankers at lunchtime but in the evening it was mercifully free of them and pleasantly low key.

Reviewed May 10, 2013

Visited Goodman's Canary Wharf with a chef friend of mine, craving a steak. Busy on a Friday night and had a short 15 minute wait for a table as we didn't have a reservation. Cocktails and beer at the bar were lovely (Greenwich Meantime beer for those in the know).

Once sat down we were presented with a huge A-board outlining the various steaks and sizes available. From a choice of USDA Nebraska, Galloway from the Lake District, O'Shea Scottish or Australian Wagyu, we chose a 600g USDA Porterhouse and a 600g O'Shea....

And... Truly spectacular! Great texture, great flavour and perfectly cooked. Truffle chips, creamed spinach and a range of sauces completed the order.

Even better than the food was the service from our waitress Lucia. Super friendly, extremely knowledgable, and a great smile.

Well done Goodmans.

Reviewed May 9, 2013

My new favorite Steak restaurant. Pricy but the best steak I have had this side of the Atlantic. Waiter was attentive and Australia wine was great. Its a little pricey but worth it for a treat or a Business meal. We will return.

Reviewed May 5, 2013 via mobile

We visited London for the weekend and was not familiar with any of the restaurants. We chose Goodman just on the off-chance and booked a table for 2. The service was fantastic, our waitress was very attentive and explained all the different cuts of steak they had were available, and we were given the opportunity to go and view where the steaks were hung and matured. We had the king prawn starter which was really delicious. The steaks we ordered were cooked to perfection, and I really enjoyed the wine which was recommended to me. The location is good, if it was a warm day the view of the river would have made it perfect. Would definitely recommend this place and would definitely visit again.