“Fabulous service, lovely steak”

Goodman Canary Wharf
Reserve with OpenTable
Goodman Canary Wharf is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #112 of 23,993 Restaurants in London
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed May 10, 2013

Visited Goodman's Canary Wharf with a chef friend of mine, craving a steak. Busy on a Friday night and had a short 15 minute wait for a table as we didn't have a reservation. Cocktails and beer at the bar were lovely (Greenwich Meantime beer for those in the know).

Once sat down we were presented with a huge A-board outlining the various steaks and sizes available. From a choice of USDA Nebraska, Galloway from the Lake District, O'Shea Scottish or Australian Wagyu, we chose a 600g USDA Porterhouse and a 600g O'Shea....

And... Truly spectacular! Great texture, great flavour and perfectly cooked. Truffle chips, creamed spinach and a range of sauces completed the order.

Even better than the food was the service from our waitress Lucia. Super friendly, extremely knowledgable, and a great smile.

Well done Goodmans.

Reviewed May 9, 2013

My new favorite Steak restaurant. Pricy but the best steak I have had this side of the Atlantic. Waiter was attentive and Australia wine was great. Its a little pricey but worth it for a treat or a Business meal. We will return.

Reviewed May 5, 2013 via mobile

We visited London for the weekend and was not familiar with any of the restaurants. We chose Goodman just on the off-chance and booked a table for 2. The service was fantastic, our waitress was very attentive and explained all the different cuts of steak they had were available, and we were given the opportunity to go and view where the steaks were hung and matured. We had the king prawn starter which was really delicious. The steaks we ordered were cooked to perfection, and I really enjoyed the wine which was recommended to me. The location is good, if it was a warm day the view of the river would have made it perfect. Would definitely recommend this place and would definitely visit again.

Reviewed May 4, 2013

My wife and I came here for our wedding anniversary.

I booked online and the staff had prepared a great table for us, proving that they had actually read my request on the booking.

The cocktails were excellent and the wine list extensive (although as you would expect from a steak restaurant there were 6 pages of reds to only 1 page of whites).

The highlight was of course the steaks, which were spectacular. Unfortunately the dry aged fillet that I wanted was not available (not aged enough yet) so I chose the 400g fillet from the regular menu. My first mistake was to ask for it to be cooked medium, as it was such a large steak. I would have preferred it a little pinker so next time I'll go medium-rare. We also chose a selection of sides (chips, carrots, green beans, mushrooms) which were all excellent.

We skipped dessert as we were too full.

As for the service, the staff were great. Friendly but not overly so. The complimentary glass of champagne for our special occasion, was also a nice touch.

I realised my second mistake when I checked the bill the next day. I added a generous tip as we had enjoyed such a great meal, but I did not spot that a 12.5% service charge had already been added. The waitress also did not point this out when I offered the tip, but as I say, I should have checked the bill carefully, but after two cocktails and three bottles of wine... so my fault really.

In summary - the best steak I've had in nearly 30 years, with excellent cocktails, sides and service. Can't comment on starters or desserts. But expensive. £250 for two people, with no starter or dessert and not the most expensive mains. But we drank plenty and I did pay the tip twice.

Reviewed April 24, 2013

Located in Canary Wharf in front of the river is a must during hot season.Me and my wife went there because we didn't want to go again to Hazev restaurant which is next door and we had this nice surprise.Location is nice (I underline again: seat outside in a hot day and will be fantastic) and I've appreciate smooth music and tables well distanced.Staff is prompt and well trained in fact can explain you all the different cut of the meat if wanted.We had 1 shared starter + 2 main (meat and lobster tail) + 2 sides + 2 dessert + 1 bottle of wine= 115GBPI must say my meat was good and my wife refused to make me taste her lobster so... I think everything was excellent.My meat was juicy and soft, really good.Hand cut chip finally didn't taste like something taken from a plastic bag in a freezer and wine was fine.Here my only regret: wine list is boring and expensive our Campesino was nice with the meal but showed all the weakness once we were tasting it alone.I'll go back for sure.