“Perfect pre theatre stop.”

Champagne+Fromage - Covent Garden
Cuisines: Deli, French, Wine Bar
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Neighborhood: Covent Garden
Description: Shop & Bistro. Discover a delicious piece of France through our large drink & food menu including cheese board, charcuterie boards, tartines, baked Camemberts, baked Mont d'Or and many others! 35 award-winning champagnes from small producers, over 30 sensational soft and hard French cheeses, a range of charcuterie and all manner of delicious terrines, confits, soups, jams and condiments. What's not to love?
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I love this place. It’s informal with great staff, quality champagne and lovely cheese and cold meats to nibble at. It’s a great place to spend an hour or so after work or ore theatre or just as a lovely treat.

Review collected in partnership with this restaurant
Write a reviewReviews (650)

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Over the years I have written many reviews but I am somewhat disappointed having the write this negative one.
My Daughter bought us a Christmas present via Buy a gift .com for afternoon tea with cheese.
We have been to many Afternoon Teas before and this was the worst.
We were the only people in the Restaurant at the time . We were asked what cheeses we liked and whether we wanted tea. We opted for Coffee which was served but onlt one cup each. The Cheeses was small as was the bread and cakes.We only spent about half an hour in total in the Restaurant..
We would have liked a bit more service ie "Do you want another coffee?" ," Is your cheese Ok"," Anything else?"
I can only presume that this type of treat is only for the Connoisseur. May be it should be marketted that way?
Not value for money.
Therefore my advice is if you like tiny portions and are a Connoisseur of French Cheese then may be this is for you, otherwise I suggest you avoid Aftternoon Tea.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

I love the cheese here and the sandwiches are really good.

I went recently to get some cheese we’d had at a restaurant as part of a cheese board. They didn’t have the exact cheese but we’re able to find something similar which was great.

The sandwich was delicious. The service was a bit odd though - the sign outside said baguettes available. I went inside and asked the lady behind the counter what baguettes they did - she said they didn’t do baguettes. She then handed me the sandwich menu which listed baguettes under the title baguettes.

Odd.

Tasty though.

Date of visit: July 2019
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Very small space, lots of cheese to choose from and a very good range of champagne by the glass. Especially enjoyed the Anthony Blanc de Noir. If you are passing and fancy a quick selection of cheeses, 3 for £9.50 and a nice glass of fizz for around £10 this is great place.

Directly opposite the theatre showing Lion King

Reviewed August 12, 2019

Great food, great service, gorgeous champagne, a really lovely pre-theatre treat for us all. We will be back to try more of the gorgeous menu........champagne & fromage, what’s not to love?

Review collected in partnership with this restaurant