“Pure Excellence”

Cuisines: Italian, Mediterranean
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighborhood: Mayfair
Reviewed May 16, 2013

I visited this restaurant on Saturday 11 May and from the minute you arrive the service was pure excellence - we had cocktails at the bar before being seated at our table - there was no rush and the staff knew when to approach and not be over you like a rash. My boyfriend had the starter/main and I had main/dessert, lamb cutlets all cooked to perfection. The atmosphere was very relaxing and definitely one of the best restaurants I have been to.

2  Thank 24Musthave1

Reviewed May 6, 2013

Went there for my birthday, and it was one of my best birthdays ever
Thank you guys for making my day special.
food wine srvice and atmosfere were the best I ever have experienced in London Restaurant.
Will see you soon.

Reviewed May 3, 2013

A friend of mine got the groupon deal for Aurelia, which was a 2-course Mediterranean meal for 2, including choice of starter & main or main & dessert, plus sparkling wine each. The food was really good and the service 2nd to none.

2  Thank Thabita B
Reviewed April 30, 2013

Went there on saturday night, we arrived to this stunning place arpund 7.30.After a delicious cocktail at the bar we sat down on our table and the experience just got better and better.
The atmosphere downstairs was amazing, the chef cooking in front of you, nice smell coming out of the open plan kitchen, service was just as attentive as friendly, the managers were very attentive to every single details.I had the lamb cutlet as a main,and my wife had the tagliatelle with mushrooms, the food is just unbelievable.Dessert something out of this word.I will definetaly come back to this restaurant.

3  Thank mohammad g
Reviewed April 29, 2013

Six of us arrived at Aurelia at approximately 8:30 pm on Saturday evening. We were asked if we would like a drink at the bar, I said that we would prefer to go straight to our table but we were not shown to our table downstairs until I had asked several times. The table was in a draughty corner which was really quite chilly and for a long time we were offered nothing other than bread and water. The white wine was rather warm and when the starters eventually came the minestrone soup looked and tasted like green dish water and the steak tartar was apparently completely tasteless. We had to ask several times to be served our main course which eventually arrived two hours after our table was booked, i.e. 10:30 pm by which time we were becoming irritated as well as hungry. When the main dishes did arrive two were too cold to be eaten, one was “warmed up” and returned to the table but the other had to be re-cooked meaning that we did not all eat together. Even the end of the meal was unsatisfactory. We were offered a complimentary bottle of wine but by then we had finished eating our food so did not want it and when we ordered tea and coffee, one of the coffees was forgotten about and only brought after several reminders and when everyone else had finished their drinks.

Despite the fact that we were not expected to pay service charge or for our beverages or ice cream or the dish that had to be re-cooked, the bill still came to £300 which is a lot of money for such an unsatisfactory meal. We were really disappointed and would certainly never recommend Aurelia as there are so many much better and significantly cheaper Mediterranean style restaurants in London

2  Thank Linda C