“Delicious breakfast”

Ranked #213 of 23,873 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Neighborhood: St. James's
Description: With a central location in the heart of St James’s, and an exceptional décor, The Balcon, is ideal for business and leisure guests alike. All-day dining restaurant, the Balcon offers a menu that reflects the Restaurant Chef’s love for local produce, the menu uses seasonal ingredients and offers traditional French dishes such as steak tartare and lemon sole meunière. For a luxury experience, a selection of Sturia caviars is also available, to enjoy with a glass of champagne.
Reviewed September 1, 2014

The choice was endless. The staff were very helpful and friendly. Nothing was to much trouble. The surroundings were very comfortable and plenty of space. There was no ruch to eat and run. Everything was done at a leisurly pace. Excellent.

1  Thank Gillywildwoman
N_Pesty, General Manager at The Balcon, responded to this reviewResponded September 2, 2014

Dear guest,

Thank you for this extremely nice feedback.

We proud ourselves in offering the freshest products on the market and I am pleased to hear that you have enjoyed our offer for breakfast.

We look forward to welcoming you back also for lunch and dinner. I would also suggest to you to try our Afternoon Tea. A delight!

Sofitel London St James

Write a ReviewReviews (1,185)

Reviewed August 29, 2014

This restaurant in located in the Magnificent Sofitel St. James

We dined many times there, and every time the experience was fantastic.

The food quality is excellent with generous portions. The menu has a wide selection of French and International cuisines. My favorite is the Burger, it is simply outstanding.

Breakfast buffet is amazing with many options.

1  Thank M-Elgawhergy
N_Pesty, General Manager at The Balcon, responded to this reviewResponded September 1, 2014

Dear guest,

I am extremely thankful to you for such compliments regarding both the food served to you as well as the high standards of service provided to you.

As a matter of fact we love to pamper all of our guests and it was our genuine pleasure to look after you.

We look forward to welcoming you back very soon.

Reviewed August 28, 2014

I've stayed at Sofitel Pall Mall and eaten at The Bacon restaurant for lunch and dinner on several occasions.
My experience has always been very good. If you are looking for a good classic French brasserie in London, then this would certainly be the place to go.
The ambiance is relax, slightly formal yet not pretentious. Dimmed light setting with a décor that reminds me of old Parisian brasseries. The menu offers a wide range of classically inspired French dishes. The dessert is something I never missed at this restaurant; with my particular love and adoration for raspberry macaroon and crepe suzette, which I would highly recommend.
Aside, from the great food and memorable ambiance, the service at The Balcon is also one of the best I’ve had in London. The staffs are always friendly, courteous and efficient. Always ready to assist and advice when asked, yet also happy to leave the guests to enjoy a quiet evening meal with their families and friends.
I enjoy a quiet meal with my family and friends and I am glad that at The Balcon, I know that I can always rely on their good food and service every time.

1  Thank 845Anonymous
N_Pesty, General Manager at The Balcon, responded to this reviewResponded August 29, 2014

Dear guest,

What a joy for us to read your words of praise regarding both our level of service as well as the food served to you.

As a matter of fact we try and be consistent in providing high standards of service and I felt very proud of my whole team with your compliments.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed August 27, 2014

Brought my fiancée here for her birthday and it was kind of booked last minute - but we are glad we chose The Balcon. Food stunning, service stunning and it was one of the most enjoyable evenings in quite some time. We have gone very 'East End' when it comes to dining over the past while, but this has certainly won us back to the 'West End' - well done to all the amazing team there [particularly Silvio our server and his team of Managers/Supervisors that were so talkative & friendly].

2  Thank Bernard83
N_Pesty, General Manager at The Balcon, responded to this reviewResponded August 28, 2014

Dear sir,

I am truly pleased to hear that your fiancée and yourself have enjoyed so much your experience at The Balcon.

As a matter of fact we genuinely love to pamper all of our guests and I am happy to hear that you were entirely won over.

We look forward to welcoming you again and again as you are coming back to the West End.

Reviewed August 24, 2014

we had a nice lunch on the day we arrived from the airport. great service, a varied and interesting menu with what appeared to be a number of local business people enjoying a long lunch -- always a good sign. the facility is very pretty with great light, making it a fun spot for a long, "catch up" lunch and very restful. very continental staff throughout the hotel, including the restaurant. quite personable.

N_Pesty, General Manager at The Balcon, responded to this reviewResponded August 27, 2014

Dear sir,

I thank you for your feedback.

I am happy to hear that you have very much enjoyed the atmosphere as well as the food served in The Balcon.

Looking forward to welcoming you back.