“Thoroughly relaxing”

London, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Thoroughly relaxing”
Reviewed April 14, 2012

I had a living social deal here. We had a body scrub, massage and facial each, we each had different therapists and both came out raving about they fact that they were probably the best treatments we have ever had (and we try to have spa days fairly regularly)!! The staff in the spa itself were lovely, couldn't do enough to help and extremely professional. We went on a Saturday and there was hardly anyone else there. We spent most of the day there and for the majority of the time had the pool, sauna, steam rooms and jacuzzi to ourselves or with one or two others. Really spacious and well maintained facilities, everything you could need was there for you. Sauna and steam rooms are separate for males and females so probably not great if you are there as a couple but great for a girlie day out. The lunch was fantastic, we had the ginger salmon and a smoothie each.

The only slight drawback was that the reception staff at the club itself weren't the best. When we arrived we were given our robes and pointed in the general direction of the changing rooms and spa. Spent a bit of time trying to figure out exactly where things were and where we were supposed to go but as soon as we found the spa staff they talked us though what we could do and where to get lunch etc so after the first 5 mins our day was perfect!! Would definitely go again!!

Visited April 2012
2 Thank amie b

London, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Terrible Customer Service”
Reviewed April 10, 2012

I had a Groupon voucher for Chelsea Club Antara Spa - and was thoroughly appalled by the customer service that I received. The voucher consisted of treatments and a lunch. My lunch was cancelled at the last minute. Antara Spa breached Groupon's fine print. As it was for my anniversary I decided to go ahead with the treatments.

Flomeny the manager refused to return my calls despite calling more than 4 times. We had an email dialogue and on 3 separate occasions she called me by a totally wrong name despite me correcting her each time. Simple bad manners.

Furthermore, she then went ahead and cancelled my treatments (which I had booked for my anniversary as a surprise) for my husband and I at the last minute. I had to call Groupon three times on one day -they went through to head office and it was confirmed that my bookings had not been cancelled. However, Flomeny had taken the liberty to cancel my treatments despite the fact that she had asked me to confirm that I would still be attending!

Flomeny, refused to give me the complaints procedure or the details of her line manager so I could liaise with them. All in all a shocking service. The booking had been made months in advance and no where in the small print did it state that Antara Spa and Flomeny could cancel at their convenience at the last minute. For 150 pounds I would have expected much better service.

Visited April 2012