“Absolutely Fantastic”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
122 Great Titchfield Street B&B
Ranked #109 of 555 London B&B and Inns
Anderslov, Sweden
“Absolutely Fantastic”
Reviewed May 12, 2014

From start to finish a superb stay. Lovely room, very cosy and with all those books to make you feel at home. The house itself is oozing with charm as is Mike & Wendy who runs the whole thing. Very friendly and sociable people that makes you feel good from the start. It's one of those places that is hidden away a bit, a gem that you feel you've discovered all by yourself.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank olamuscat

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Reviewed May 3, 2014

I was glad that I found this lovely B&B in the heart of the city! Mike and Wendy were excellent hosts. Mike made it so easy to inquire about booking and confirming immediately. They were very accommodating and helpful. The breakfasts were the yummiest I have had in the UK! I stayed in the twin/double room and it was so big I could not believe it. Loved the bathroom, very cool design! The location was why I was thrilled to have found it as it is just off Oxford Street and Regent's Street as well as a 5 minute walk to Regent's Park. Quick access to the underground either Oxford Street Station or Great Portland Street Station. I would definitely recommend this B&B, very quiet area and safe. Loved all the cafes and shops in the area also. I will be using this B&B again on any of my future stays in London. Thanks again Wendy and Mike for making my holiday stay with you an enjoyable one!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
4 Thank Janet W
Norwich, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 31, 2014 via mobile

I found this b&b on Google maps and it seemed great value for the great location (just off Regent street). Booking was easy and helpful with Mike. Our stay was for a 30th birthday. Mike was very welcoming and helpful. The room (bedroom 3) was very comfortable, light and perfectly equipped for a short stay in London. Breakfast was very nice. You can order pretty much what you like and have it
brought to the room.

Overall, definitely worth the reasonable price and we'd definitely stay again! Thanks!

Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Matt_and_Eloise
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed January 19, 2014

Great location, reasonably priced, very comfy large (for London) clean and very quiet room (room 3). Breakfast was perfect. Would recommend for an extended stay in London, we would definitely stay again.

Room Tip: room 3, is top of the house, very quiet, food space but a good walk up stairs.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Island of Malta, Malta
Reviewed December 31, 2013 via mobile

Easy access to oxford circus, well designed, bright and spacious room with breakfast area - a good find for something different and well priced too for high season. Only snag - No lift, over 50 steps with luggage is not for everyone ! Otherwise thumbs up!

Stayed December 2013
1 Thank Holidayhunts
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed November 7, 2013

122 Great Titchfield is an excellent location. It is snuggled in between three underground stations and close to Oxford Street and surrounded by great places to eat and drink. Mike and Wendy are lovely hosts and the unique and creative stamp placed on what used to be an old tailors/milliners workplace is excellent. If one is looking for big spacious rooms with ornate Victorian drapery and huge English breakfasts you may be disappointed. Having said that, the breakfast are delightful and will keep you energised as you buzz around London. It is quirky, very tasteful and we particularly loved the magnificent collection of books that lined the room.

Highly recommended and more than happy to return!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank PerryPTatic
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed November 6, 2013

I really can't fault my stay in 122 Great Thitchfield. As someone who is known for being fairly nit-picky, I couldn't find a nit to pick - 122 Great Thitchfield really is great!

As there was a double booking, I stayed in room 2 for the first night and was quite happy with it; the room was large, airy, clean, minimalist and home-y. The bed was comfortable, bathroom was clean and made great use of the relatively small space. Great toiletries, too - I need to find out where they got the shampoo and conditioner!

The remainder of my stay was in room 3, and if you can manage the stairs, I'd say it was my favourite of the two. Its a bit bigger, but just as light, airy, clean and home-y as room 2. It also has a TV, if that's something of a concern for you (it wasn't for me, but after a long day of sightseeing, it was nice to be able to spend a lazy evening in front of the telly). Bed is just as comfortable, similar bathroom, and the same shampoo and conditioner (Seriously, my hair has never been so shiny! But I digress...).

Location is just as great - I bought a 7-day travel card and found I barely used it. I was able to walk to most locations at all hours of the day with no issues. I walked to and from West End shows; British Museum, Oxford and Regent Sts are within 10-15 minute walks, National Gallery and Leicester Square an additional 10 or so, Covent Garden something similar... to be honest, there's so much to see along the way that the walks never felt all that long. They say London is best explored on foot, and Gt Thitchfield made a great homebase for my walkabouts.

Finally, I must say a little something about the property owners, Mike and Wendy. Mike especially was extremely courteous and helpful during my stay, and was very generous with his time and knowledge of the area. If I was looking for somewhere to have a late dinner, in need of a post office or in search of a laundromat, Mike was able to point me in the right direction at the drop of a hat.

I thoroughly enjoyed my stay and would recommend 122 Great Thitchfield to anyone travelling to London. I don't know what more I could have asked for: comfortable, clean, central, and great value for money. It felt like a home away from home, and for a first time solo traveller, that was exactly what I needed at the end of my travels!

Oh, and the breakfasts are delicious!!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo