“Great location and lovely room!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
122 Great Titchfield Street B&B
Ranked #120 of 571 London B&B and Inns
Reviewed March 31, 2014 via mobile

I found this b&b on Google maps and it seemed great value for the great location (just off Regent street). Booking was easy and helpful with Mike. Our stay was for a 30th birthday. Mike was very welcoming and helpful. The room (bedroom 3) was very comfortable, light and perfectly equipped for a short stay in London. Breakfast was very nice. You can order pretty much what you like and have it
brought to the room.

Overall, definitely worth the reasonable price and we'd definitely stay again! Thanks!

Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Matt_and_Eloise

Reviewed January 19, 2014

Great location, reasonably priced, very comfy large (for London) clean and very quiet room (room 3). Breakfast was perfect. Would recommend for an extended stay in London, we would definitely stay again.

Room Tip: room 3, is top of the house, very quiet, food space but a good walk up stairs.
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 31, 2013 via mobile

Easy access to oxford circus, well designed, bright and spacious room with breakfast area - a good find for something different and well priced too for high season. Only snag - No lift, over 50 steps with luggage is not for everyone ! Otherwise thumbs up!

Stayed: December 2013
1  Thank Holidayhunts
Reviewed November 7, 2013

122 Great Titchfield is an excellent location. It is snuggled in between three underground stations and close to Oxford Street and surrounded by great places to eat and drink. Mike and Wendy are lovely hosts and the unique and creative stamp placed on what used to be an old tailors/milliners workplace is excellent. If one is looking for big spacious rooms with ornate Victorian drapery and huge English breakfasts you may be disappointed. Having said that, the breakfast are delightful and will keep you energised as you buzz around London. It is quirky, very tasteful and we particularly loved the magnificent collection of books that lined the room.

Highly recommended and more than happy to return!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank PerryPTatic
Reviewed November 6, 2013

I really can't fault my stay in 122 Great Thitchfield. As someone who is known for being fairly nit-picky, I couldn't find a nit to pick - 122 Great Thitchfield really is great!

As there was a double booking, I stayed in room 2 for the first night and was quite happy with it; the room was large, airy, clean, minimalist and home-y. The bed was comfortable, bathroom was clean and made great use of the relatively small space. Great toiletries, too - I need to find out where they got the shampoo and conditioner!

The remainder of my stay was in room 3, and if you can manage the stairs, I'd say it was my favourite of the two. Its a bit bigger, but just as light, airy, clean and home-y as room 2. It also has a TV, if that's something of a concern for you (it wasn't for me, but after a long day of sightseeing, it was nice to be able to spend a lazy evening in front of the telly). Bed is just as comfortable, similar bathroom, and the same shampoo and conditioner (Seriously, my hair has never been so shiny! But I digress...).

Location is just as great - I bought a 7-day travel card and found I barely used it. I was able to walk to most locations at all hours of the day with no issues. I walked to and from West End shows; British Museum, Oxford and Regent Sts are within 10-15 minute walks, National Gallery and Leicester Square an additional 10 or so, Covent Garden something similar... to be honest, there's so much to see along the way that the walks never felt all that long. They say London is best explored on foot, and Gt Thitchfield made a great homebase for my walkabouts.

Finally, I must say a little something about the property owners, Mike and Wendy. Mike especially was extremely courteous and helpful during my stay, and was very generous with his time and knowledge of the area. If I was looking for somewhere to have a late dinner, in need of a post office or in search of a laundromat, Mike was able to point me in the right direction at the drop of a hat.

I thoroughly enjoyed my stay and would recommend 122 Great Thitchfield to anyone travelling to London. I don't know what more I could have asked for: comfortable, clean, central, and great value for money. It felt like a home away from home, and for a first time solo traveller, that was exactly what I needed at the end of my travels!

Oh, and the breakfasts are delicious!!

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank Lea O
Reviewed October 31, 2013

Recently I had my third stay at Great Titchfield St. One 10 day visit was in winter, the other 5/6 day visits in spring and autumn. On each occasion I've been very pleased with the design of the room and bathroom, the facilities, the comfort, the sumptuous breakfasts and the assistance freely given by Mike and Wendy when required.
A great location and enormous value compared to hotels in central London. I shall return!
Jeff Bowen, Perth, Western Australia

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Jeff B
Reviewed October 24, 2013

Luxury B&B is all about location, location, location. My wife and I spent four days in the independent flat there in early September and we loved it. On the first (European) floor of a beautiful red stone building In Fitzrovia, it is in the center of everything a visitor to London would want to see. We walked to Leicester Square and the National Gallery in twenty minutes, to the British Museum in fifteen, and strolled in Regent Park with its elegant gardens a four block walk away. The neighborhood is full of affordable and enticing restaurants and pubs; sitting at a sidewalk table watching the locals go by was fun and a few blocks away the shopping on Oxford Street beckons. With an 8.35 am flight to Rome we were at Paddington Station in twenty minutes by bus, caught the Heathrow Express and were at the airport twenty-five minutes later.
Mike and Wendy have created a lovely flat in the former textile factory. It is a large, bright, and airy room, almost Japanese-like in its simple clean design and high ceilings, with interesting quirky accents, modern and comfortable, with retention of the old floor a nod to the heritage of the original structure. We loved the bathroom, set in front of the rear window of the flat, floored in wood planks with the sink at one end, the toilet at the other and the open shower smack dab in the middle; it's a clever use of space and works wonderfully. Mike, an architect, has designed a clean, open space, with a full kitchen, full bathroom, workspace with TV and WI-Fi and comfortable bed and lots of lovely natural light. The fridge and cupboard are stocked with basics so that on arrival we put together a simple meal without having to go out to shop. We lacked for nothing. Your hosts, who welcome you on arrival, are two floors up and always available if one needs them.
In this flat you are in the middle of a real London neighborhood, with the excitement and the buzz of living in one of the great cities of the world, with neighbors who leave for work in the morning, shop around the corner, dine down the street and frequent the corner pub on Friday evening. We enjoyed every minute and will make it our home whenever we return to London.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple