“Affordable, quiet, central and comfortable”

Point A Hotel, London Liverpool Street
Ranked #365 of 1,063 Hotels in London
South Florida
“Affordable, quiet, central and comfortable”
Reviewed June 7, 2014 via mobile

The location between the overground and underground made getting here from London city airport and getting around London very easy. The pub next door is nice for a pint or two but Friday night can be a bit crowded. The pub closes at 11pm so noise was not an issue.

Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
TuneLivSt, Guest Relations Manager at Point A Hotel, London Liverpool Street, responded to this review, June 10, 2014
Dear Reviewer
Thank you for your review.
Our main aim is to offer clean and cleverly designed rooms in a safe and convenient location - all this at an affordable price and it is great to see that we achieved that for your stay. I am pleased that you found our prime central location, with great transport links, so convenient for your stay.
We are looking forward to your next visit.
Greta Hado – Guest Services Supervisor

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (388)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Serbian first
Oxfordshire, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 7, 2014

Most hotels nearby cost in excess of £200 per night - this one is signficantly less than that.

Basic and functional, but if all you need is somewhere to sleep and shower... what's not to like?

The plug socket by my bed was faulty - and dangerous. Which meant I could not plug in my iPad to charge. By then, it was late and I was already in bed - so I didn't go to reception. What would they have done, anyway?

When I mentioned it in the morning (room 130) they seemed to be well aware, and told me there were other plug sockets hidden in the fold down table.

1) It's no good if they're hidden - I didn't realise it was a table. And would have also been no good had I found it - as I wanted to watch things on my iPad while in bed.

2) I got no sense of confidence that they acknowledged the problem - and that it was dangerous. Guests are likely to try to force the plug, or use it with pins only partially in. I wonder if they will ensure it is fixed?

Beside that... hotel good!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Dear Reviewer,
Thank you for taking the time to post a review.
I am pleased that you found the hotel to be convenient, clean, comfortable and good value for money as these aspects are key to the Tune brand. Our add-on system allows guests to choose what they need and save on accommodation costs. We promptly addressed the maintenance issue upon your notification.
We hope to welcome you back to our hotel in the near future.
Belper
Reviewed June 5, 2014

I tend to use one of the Tune Hotels whenever I come to London for business trips. They're not overpriced like most of the London hotels, and provide just the right level of facilities in good locations.

I've stayed at the Liverpool Street hotel a few times now, and have always been impressed by the staff. They're helpful and friendly. The last time, as I was leaving, I made a comment about the quality of the wi-fi connection. I wasn't expecting anything after that, so was very pleasantly surprised when I got an email from the manager picking up on the issue and making sure I was happy with the service.

Room Tip: The basement rooms are dark (good for sleeping), but you do get a bit of rumble from the nearby unde...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Dear Reviewer,
Thank you for taking the time to post a review.
I am very pleased that you found us to be good value-for-money whilst still in a fantastic location be it for business or leisure visits Thank you for complementing our staff, as we take a great deal of pride in our service delivery and it is great to see that it is noticed and commented on. I am very proud of the fact that my team made you feel welcomed from the beginning and have assisted you.
Thank you for recommending us and we look forward to seeing you again for your next stay.
Southampton, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 5, 2014

Good location, clean and good value. Short walk from Liverpool Street station. Remember this is a new concept so you have to pay for towels, TV etc. Only draw back was lack of electric sockets in the room

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
Dear Reviewer,
Thank you for posting a review.
I am very pleased that you found the hotel to be convenient, clean, comfortable and good value for money as these aspects are key to the Tune brand. Our add-on system allows guests to choose what they need and save on accommodation costs. We have 3 electric sockets in the room, located next to the bed and the folding table.
We hope to welcome you back to our hotel in the near future.
Auckland Region, New Zealand
Reviewed June 3, 2014

We chose Tune as have stayed at there other one in London and liked it very much.Only five minute walk from Liverpool St station,walk to Spitafeilds markets in three minutes,Brick Lane less than ten minutes,easy going,Tesco express at end of street for snacks and other goods,pubs,all there.The room was very clean,bathroom was very clean,the rooms may look small but have lots of storage under the double bed,as they are high,but not high that you need a ladder.The rooms have air con but some times you want a open window,you have one that's double glazed,and easy to open if needed.
The shower has good pressure and hot water.Love the Tune Hotel.

Room Tip: Pay the extra and get a window and see London at night,as that's what your there for.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
TuneLivSt, Guest Relations Manager at Point A Hotel, London Liverpool Street, responded to this review, June 5, 2014
Dear Reviewer
Thank you for your kind review.
The limited service concept is new in the hospitality industry but it offers a great value for money especially with such a central location as ours. We are glad to receive such lovely comments about our clean rooms and power shower, as our main aim is to provide comfortable rooms in a good location at unbeatable prices.
Thank you for your recommendations and we are looking forward to welcoming you back again.
Reviewed June 2, 2014 via mobile

Tune hotel provides clean, modern, and comfortable rooms at great rates. The Liverpool St. branch is right next to the tube and a great place to branch out from. The local neighborhood also has great food and drink options with brick lane and the spitalfields market a close walk away.

The main drawback of the hotel is reduced services. To get wifi and leave luggage at the desk there are extra fees. These fees are annoying as other hotels would usually provide them for free. However, these extra costs are worth it when you consider the money you are saving on the room price. Overall, highly recommended.

• Stayed May 2014
TuneLivSt, Guest Relations Manager at Point A Hotel, London Liverpool Street, responded to this review, June 3, 2014
Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review following your recent stay at Tune Hotel Liverpool Street.
I am very pleased to read that you have enjoyed your stay with us and that hotel met all your requirements. I can also see from your review that you had a chance to explore our superb location and great transport links.
Our add-on system allows our customers to design their stay and pay for the services that they will be using.
We hope to welcome you back in the near future and enjoy another great stay with us!

Kind regards
Vitalija Simkute
Guest Services Manager
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed May 28, 2014

Located close to the centre of the City of London. No frills hotel and this is reflected in the price. I opted for a room without windows,which was in the basement, as I was arriving late and leaving early. I opted to pay extra for TV and wifi as I needed email. Room was very small with just the space needed for an overnight stay. Double bed comfortable but one side was against wall. Slight rumble of trains but I do not know if this stops in the night as I slept well. Space for everything needed for an overnight stay but not for much longer. Shower unit worked very well and the large fluffy towels were a delight. Reception (24 hours) friendly and efficient. Easy to find food nearby.
Excellent compromise between price and no frills for a one night stay.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
TuneLivSt, Guest Relations Manager at Point A Hotel, London Liverpool Street, responded to this review, May 29, 2014
Dear Reviewer
Thank you choosing us for your stay and for your review.
We strive every day not only to meet guests’ expectations but to exceed them, and I am delighted to hear that we are succeeding in doing so. Although the rooms are compact, I am glad you pointed out the key aspects of Tune brand you experienced - a good value for money, safe and central location, our rooms with 5 *star comfy beds and power shower, and the most important, our friendly staff. I am pleased you liked our Limited Service concept of the hotel as much as to recommend it.
We hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back again soon.