“Brand new hotel in perfect location for partying”

Point A Hotel, London Liverpool Street
Ranked #365 of 1,063 Hotels in London
Szczecin, Poland
“Brand new hotel in perfect location for partying”
Reviewed November 17, 2013

The room was quite small and without windows (our choice because of the cost), but generally very nice and clean. We stayed there only few hours per day, so it wasn't a problem at all. There was extra space under the bed for your luggage (and shopping bags). My girlfriend didn't like much the half-transparent toilet door. I liked the idea of things like TV, hair-dryer, extra towels, etc not included in your bill, so if you don't use them you don't pay for them. That cuts the cost of your stay to minimum. Perfect location walking distance from Shoreditch, Brick Lane and Liverpool Street Station (trains, tube, airport coaches). Definitely will stay there again.

Room Tip: The rooms without windows are OK when you're in London for short period of time (a day or two) a...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
TuneLivSt, Guest Relations Manager at Point A Hotel, London Liverpool Street, responded to this review, November 22, 2013
Dear Reviewer,
Thank you for taking the time to leave feedback for your recent stay.
I am glad you chose us for your visit to London, as our prime location is surrounded by many restaurants, pubs and local attractions with fantastic transport links. It is great that we lived up to your expectations for your stay with our location and cleanliness in your room.
We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.
Greta Hado – Guest Services Supervisor

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (388)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Serbian first
Swansea, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 13, 2013

I read a lot of reviews of this place before booking, and looking back I shouldn't have worried, our room was lovely, neat and tidy and not too small as I was worried about through reading previous reviews.
Our room had everything we needed for our stay of two nights including hair dryer which I didn't think was included. The shower room was lovely, it was like a wet room and the lighting was perfect.

As other reviews have said you can hear the tube, but I didn't think it was as bad as others had made it out to be and if you are using the room as somewhere to sleep only I don't feel it is a problem at all however this is the reason I haven't given 5 stars.
In terms of other noise however we heard nothing, not a peep from others staying in the hotel. Once or twice I heard a door open and close but there was no noise coming through the walls or anything.

The location of the hotel was also perfect, so close to Liverpool St Station and to Brick Lane which had some amazing places to eat. Also there was an awesome Cocktail Bar just around the corner too, so the location was amazing. Only a short tube ride away from all of the cities famous attractions too.

The check in and out process for us was very easy and the reception staff were extremely friendly and helpful especially Greta, she helped us to find somewhere that we had heard of in the area which we would have never found without her help.

We had a lovely stay and would definitely return again especially for the price!

Room Tip: We went for a ground floor room with no windows and it was perfect. Lighting was fine and room was p...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank DaniJoy2013
Dear Reviewer
Thank you for your kind feedback following your recent stay at our hotel.
I am pleased to read you had an enjoyable experience and would recommend us to other travellers. We are really proud that you were happy with our main key points like our prime central location, clean and modern rooms that include all the necessities, and above all our unbeatable prices. Thank you also for complementing all our staff and especially Greta, as we take a great deal of pride in our service delivery and it is great to see that it is noticed and commented on. We always aim to maintain high standards of cleanliness and we are so pleased that we exceed your expectations.
Thank you again for you recommendation and we look forward to your next visit in the near future.
Didem Demir –Guest Services Manager
Western Ireland, Ireland
Reviewed November 12, 2013 via mobile

Good location though further to the tube than the others. Great staff got me a quiet windowless room which made for really long sleeps. Great Bangla area and Spitafields a few mins away. Bus stop very close brings you to areas like the south bank.

• Stayed November 2013
Dear Reviewer,
Thank you for taking the time to post a review on Trip Advisor.
It is always very rewarding to hear from a returning guest. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay in a double room without window and pleased to hear that our customer service exceeded your expectations. It is also great to read that you found our central location so convenient for your stay.
We look forward to welcoming you again soon.
UK
Reviewed November 11, 2013

Firstly, I must say that we were very impressed with the hotel on our first stay earlier in the year. Great location - a stone's throw from Spitalfields Market, Brick Lane, Hoxton, Shoreditch and Liverpool Street - reasonable price for a London hotel and bright, clean and modern rooms, which is exactly what you want from a budget hotel. I also like the idea that you can add services so you aren't having to pay for things you don't need or want.

Unfortunately, our second visit was not so impressive. We booked a room without windows, as we weren't planning on spending much time in the room, however, we paid a slightly cheaper rate for the lack of view not for the lack of space. The room we were given was minute, despite being having the same description as the room we stayed in earlier in the year, it was at least half the size.

One side of the small, double bed was against the wall and one person had to move out of the way to allow the other a) out of the bed b) in the bathroom or c) near the clothes hanging space. It really was not big enough for two people, in fact I'd say it would be claustrophobic for one. To exemplify this, my boyfriend was able to touch both walls while stood in the middle of the room!

It would be very helpful if the hotel could fully explain the size of the room, i.e. small double, standard double etc. in their descriptions. Had we known quite how small it was going to be, we would have willingly paid extra for more space.

On check out, when I stated to the receptionist that our room was really too small for two people, she stated that all doubles are that size (which was not our previous experience) and perhaps it was due to different carpet in the room (the rooms have wooden floors)!

I would definitely think twice about staying here again, which is a shame, as the hotel does have many good points.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Reviewer
Thank you for your review.
We are sorry to hear that you had a disappointing second stay due to the room size. Our rooms without window vary in size between 9-11 square meters. We allocate the rooms on the day of the arrival depending which room are empty. Please notify us in advance of your next stay dates and we will endeavour to allocate you one of the bigger rooms.
We hope to welcome you again.
Belfast, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 10, 2013

Very quick and hassle free check-in. Friendly helpful staff. The rooms are basic, very clean, and convenient for a good nights sleep. The price for a central London Hotel was amazing and the rooms (and bathroom facilities) are clean and modern. Location is fantastic for all of the London attractions and, in my case for the journey to and from the airport.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Reviewer
Thank you for your valuable feedback.
It is great to know that you had an enjoyable stay with us and would recommend us to others. Our rooms are space-efficient and very functional which allow us to keep our rates attractive and offer great value for money compare to other hotels in the area.
It was a great pleasure to have you staying with us and we are very much looking forward to your next visit.
Paris
Reviewed November 10, 2013

I stayed at the Tune Hotel by Liverpool Street for a few days and I was very pleased with my choice. The rooms are tiny it's true but the place is clean and the reception staff were really lovely and helpful. It's in a great location not too far from the main station and close to Shoreditch. I'd use Tune again based on this experience and the price is really worth it.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
TuneLivSt, Guest Relations Manager at Point A Hotel, London Liverpool Street, responded to this review, November 19, 2013
Dear Reviewer
Thank you for your valuable feedback following your recent stay at our hotel.
Thank you for the recommendations and we look forward to your next visit.
Kind regards
Vitalija Simkute
Guest Services Manager
London
Reviewed November 9, 2013

When I travel to London, there is so much to do that all I need at night is just a clean, convenient bed to sleep. Tune offers this. The price for a central London Hotel was amazing and the rooms (and bathroom facilities) are clean and modern. You basically pay for a bed and then everything else you wish is an add-on' which suits me as I travel with everything I need already. The prices change daily depending on demand so sometimes if you book last minute (if they don't have very strong sales for that time), the prices are incredibly low (or high if you are unlucky). It was very convenient (I was travelling to Stanstead from Liverpool St) and easy to find. The service was fantastic - Greta was the most helpful and thoughtful Hotel employee I have come across in a long time. She made my stay that bit better! I did have a slight hassle when booking my room - so be careful. i selected dates and then was offered different room types. I assumed those room types were all available on the dates I had selected. However I found out later that they weren't. So I selected a room type and then paid. What I didn't notice (and nothing 'flashed up' to tell me on the system) was that the room type I wanted wasn't available on the dates I had selected so the system automatically adjusted my dates to suit the room type. Luckily I picked this up before I travelled to London and Greta was an excellent help to sort this out over the phone for me. I will definitely stay there again and will also try the one at Paddington station to make a comparison. A great idea for accommodation in an otherwise very expensive city.

Room Tip: This is a no frills Hotel so don't expect anything but a clean place to sleep.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
Dear Reviewer,
Thank you for sharing your experience with other reviewers and explaining our concept so well.
Our main aim is to offer clean and cleverly designed rooms in a safe and convenient location - all this at an affordable price. Our concept clearly states exactly what you have experienced, and it’s always a pleasure to hear from our guests that we deliver excellent value for money. It really makes all our efforts worthwhile when our guests are satisfied with the service we provide. Customer Service is one of our focus areas and I am very glad read your comments about our team member who made your stay special.
Thank you for recommending us and we are looking forward to welcoming you back soon!
Kind regards