Point A Hotel, London Liverpool Street
$217
Hotels.com
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
Strand Palace Hotel(London)(Great Value!)
$174
  • Room Service
$261
$243
3,154 results
All reviewstune hotelwindowless roomwithout windowsno windowwater poetgreat locationbrick lanestansted airportbudget hotelrooms are smallair conearly checkshort staycomfy bedmin walkcentral locationtube station
FilterAll languages
Reviewed June 16, 2013

This was one of the only hotels in budget for my company in the area I needed to be. I wasn't expecting much but was pleasantly surprised. The room, although small, was clean and comfortable. TV, hair drier and internet are buy on extras but even when included it was a good deal. The reception staff (24 hour) were very friendly and knowledgable.
I would go back as it is in a central location and at a price that is good value.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Budeangie
TuneLivSt, Guest Relations Manager at Point A Hotel, London Liverpool Street, responded to this reviewResponded June 20, 2013

Dear Reviewer,
Thank you for taking the time to leave your review regarding your recent stay at Tune Hotel Liverpool Street.
Our concept is based on the premise that people do not spend much time in their hotel rooms whilst staying in London, so we focus on providing comfortable beds in great locations. Our rooms are indeed compact, and in reducing this space, we are able to keep our room rates at unbeatable value in comparison to our competitors. We are pleased that we impressed you with our clean room and power shower.
We hope to welcome you again to our hotel in the near future.

Reviewed June 16, 2013

My partner and I were looking for a hotel that would be close to The Troxy (On commercial road, near Limehouse) and The Tune was the closest and most affordable one we could fine. The reviews looked good and we only needed it for 2 nights so just a bed and a bathroom really!

*We found it easily: just walk out of the back of Liverpool Street, turn left and walk until you get to Folgate Street on your right (About 10 mins)

*When we arrived, the reception area was spacious, modern and had people to greet us. Easy check-in (under a minute) and she gave us our Wi-Fi code for that day on a bit of paper.

*Reception had a coffee machine and sold some snacks (chocolate, nuts, crisps etc)

* Reception also had some computers and tables for laptop users. Ideal for business trips I imagine

*The courtyard to the back of the hotel was large with tables, chairs, bike storage and a coffee hut (I imagine that it is open during the warmer months)

First of all it is close to Liverpool Street station, so you do get the rhythmic chugging of tubes in the background, but it didn't stop me or my partner from sleeping, but I can see how it may stop others from sleeping, if you are a light sleeper possibly. BUT it is only 10 mins walk from Liverpool Street Station and therefore close to the centre of London and transport links.
(From The Troxy, on commercial road, we got the 135 bus back. It took us to outside Liverpool Street Station. One of the quickest journeys back from a gig! - and we go to many!)

The room was spotless on out arrival with finishing to a high standard : lovely power shower, all sparkling white with a massive mirror. You have to put your key into a little slot on the wall. you can then control lighting, air con, heating and even your 'do not disturb' notice.
The room was more than ample size for the 2 of us for when we were going to crash out after a hard days walking round London.
There was a mirror with 4 coat-hangers in front for hanging coats/shirts, a TV with Free-view and a lovely bed. (When they say 5* bed, they mean it)

I paid for this hotel via lastminute.com and included in my price (which was roughly £50 a night) we got the 'Add on pack' included in that price which was WiFi, hair-dryer, towels (shampoo and soap), use of the TV and in room safe. Think this package was £8 to purchase, daily, otherwise.

This room had NO coffee/tea making facilities- which disappointed me a little but if you are staying here just for 1-2 nights, then I'm sure you can go without or pay for it downstairs. (This is the only reason I only gave it a 'very good' for the rooms)

Also, the rooms are cleaned every 3 days or at the end of your stay. I think you can pay to have it cleaned more often if you want.

****So, in an overview- you get what you pay for; access to an EPIC 5* bed, clean room, central location, t.v, power shower, no tea/coffee facilities, a little noise from the underground, secure locking for bikes and a cheap stay****

- I would return if only looking to stay in London for a few nights, but any longer and I might think about staying somewhere with access to free tea/coffee making facilities.

Room Tip: A room with a window is nice, as you look over the courtyard, or possibly the streets. I can't comment on how the rooms without windows are, as I haven't stayed in one yet.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Veenessar
TuneLivSt, Guest Relations Manager at Point A Hotel, London Liverpool Street, responded to this reviewResponded June 22, 2013

Dear Reviewer
Thank you for posting a review.
We are really pleased that your Tune experience left a lasting impression on you and also positively added to your London stay. It was a pleasure to read you found our concept and add-ons system suitable for your needs. Our rooms are compact but they are cleverly designed and clean, with a 5*comfy bed and power shower for a good night’s sleep as you experienced yourself. In order to offer the best prices to our guests we have several space-efficient features and our add-on system means that travellers can design their stay to fit their needs by choosing only the add-ons they need, like you did. As you mentioned, we offer a selection of hot/soft drinks and snacks at our coffee station in the lobby. It is also great to see that our prime central location was convenient for your stay and you enjoyed our lovely garden.
We hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back again soon.

Greta Hado - Guest Services Supervisor

Reviewed June 13, 2013

Perfect for an overnight stay. Small, spotlessly clean rooms, comfortable beds and good showers. Will definitely use this hotel again, location also excellent for the City.
Reception staff friendly.
We had a room with a window, and it didn't feel to small or claustrophobic and A/C worked well.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
TuneLivSt, General Manager at Point A Hotel, London Liverpool Street, responded to this reviewResponded June 20, 2013

Dear Reviewer,
Thank you for leaving your kind comments regarding your recent stay at Tune Hotel Liverpool Street.
We are very pleased to read your review and to see that you have enjoyed your stay with us. It’s great to see that you have enjoyed our superb location, our 5 star beds, power showers and clean rooms.
Thank you also for your kind words regarding the front desk team being friendly - it is always a pleasure to hear from our Guests that we deliver good customer service.
We look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel in the near future.

Reviewed June 10, 2013

Me and my friend stayed for 6 nights in Tune in Liverpool street. On the side that the location is perfect and very good connected with the center of London the Hotel itself was very nice, clean and cozy. This was my first time in London and I was pleasantly surprised of what we got for the really affordable price. We were on the budget so we booked room without window and it was not as bad as I thought.
Other surprising thing is that we did not book the room cleaning service but got it gratis.
I would HIGHLY recommend this hotel for anyone who is visiting London for the first time, since you won't be spending so much time in your room all you need is a comfy bed to sleep in and we got exactly that. The only downside is that they do not offer any breakfast in the hotel. It would be a bit easier if we did not have to waste time in the morning to find a place that offers breakfast.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank snekyca

Dear Reviewer,
Thank you for sharing your experience with other travellers.
I’m very pleased to read your comments regarding your recent stay with us. It is great to see that you found the location excellent for your stay and that the hotel suited all your needs.
We do charge £7.50 for the room cleaning so we can keep our costs low and offer our customers modern rooms at affordable price. However, for the long stays we offer a complimentary room cleaning after 3rd night and it’s good to see that we made your stay more comfortable.
Our Front Desk Team is here to assist our customers 24 hours a day and able to offer a wide selection of places for dining nearby the hotel.
Thank you staying with us and we hope to see you again on your next trip to London!
Kind regards

Reviewed June 7, 2013

Perfect value ideal for short stay.First time at a Tune hotel wasn't disappointed whatsoever as knew I would be getting a no frills hotel room - decently appointed room spotlessly clean throughout and shower very comfortable (ideal if your not planning to stay the day in it), could be sound proofed a little more doors slamming in early hours etc and the TV hung at a bad angle hard to avoid when getting in/out of bed.Went for room with no window didn't notice at all the extra cost isn't worth it. Fantastic value great location in the heart of the city a stroll from Liverpool st station and reception very helpful.A great budget step up from a hostel. Would certainly recommend and return.

Room Tip: Choose a room with no window you won't notice plus your saving money
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank JoeFitz89

Dear Reviewer,
Thank you for taking the time to leave your review regarding your recent stay with us.
I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us and that the hotel met your requirements, as it proves our concept of providing basics for a good night’s sleep at an affordable price to be successful once again.
Cleanliness and customer service are our main areas we focus on and it is great to see that we managed to keep it up to our usually high standards.
We are looking forward to welcome you back at Tune Hotel Liverpool Street in the near future!
Kind regards