“A nice surprise”

Point A Hotel, London Liverpool Street
Ranked #360 of 1,076 Hotels in London
Reviewed May 3, 2013

I was pleasantly surprised with how good this hotel was. If you want a cheap, clean room with nice bathroom and shower facilities, in a great location then I would thoroughly recommend this hotel. It's not somewhere to stay - it's somewhere to sleep! Exactly what a city hotel needs to be.
It's situated in a great location - right near Liverpool Street station and next to Spitalfields market with it's diversity of shops, restaurants and pubs. Thoroughly recommended!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Horli34
TuneLivSt, Guest Relations Manager at Point A Hotel, London Liverpool Street, responded to this reviewResponded May 7, 2013

Dear Reviewer,
Thank you for sharing such a positive review regarding your recent stay with us and for recommending us to other travellers.
I am glad that you enjoyed your stay with us. We always aim to offer clean and comfortable rooms in a central location and we provide the basics for a good night’s sleep with power showers in each room. As you mentioned our central location allows guests to visit different attractions nearby to the hotel. It is great to hear that you were pleasantly surprised by Tune Hotel-Liverpool Street.
We look forward to seeing you in the near future.
Guest Sevice Manager

Reviewed May 3, 2013

i traveld alone from germany. the hotel a bit hard to find for a foreigner. very good located nearly liverpool station. for those who like selfservice: there's a supermarket in front of liverpool station.
het hotel is nearly new, the rooms are small, but for a short trip very good. they were clean, also the bath was in a very good condition.Located top for sightseeing, you can walk from Bishopsate to Whitechapel to Londontower in nearly 30 Minutes, or take the Bus or Tube. Next few Days I'll make my next booking at the Tune.
So stay tune and enjoy the Tune

Room Tip: Book early to get the best price,i didn't :(
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo

Dear Reviewer,
Thank you very much for your kind words about your recent stay.
I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us. Our aim is to offer a good night’s sleep in our clean and well-designed rooms for any traveller who wants to enjoy our prime location surrounded by London attractions and easy transport connections. As you mentioned please stay Tuned and book in advance to secure our lowest rates.
We are glad that you will be returning and we look forward to welcoming you in the near future.
Guest Service Manager

Reviewed May 1, 2013

I was really impressed with the hotel's location and the pricing as I couldn't find anything else within the area for a similar price. The bathroom / shower is good. The only very very minor issue is that the curtain didn't pull right across which meant quite a bit of light came through. The rooms are small but this was expected and as it's just a base, it's great. Staff were friendly and helpful.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Dear Reviewer,
Thank you for choosing us and for leaving your positive review.
I am glad that you enjoyed your stay with us. Our aim is to provide the basics for a good night’s sleep and I am pleased that we lived up your expectations with our prime location and great customer service. Our power showers and affordable prices form part of our hotel concept that sets us apart from other hotels in the area.
We look forward to welcoming you in the near future.
Guest Service Manager

Reviewed April 29, 2013

If you want to spend not a lot to stay in London but require a very clean, friendly, modern hotel then staying in Tune Hotels may be a good option for you.

The room was very small I must admit barely enough room to swing a cat in but it was very clean. Perhaps the pillows where a bit on the slim side but other than that it was a bed what you need and there was also a tv in the room.

The bathroom again was small but modern and clean.

So if you want a cheap night in London with no frills for a room then look no further as this is properly the cheapest way to stay in London with it being a modern and clean.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
TuneLivSt, Guest Relations Manager at Point A Hotel, London Liverpool Street, responded to this reviewResponded May 2, 2013

Thank you for leaving us your comments following your recent stay at Tune Hotel Liverpool Street.
I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us and that the hotel met your requirements, as it proves our concept of providing basics for a good night’s sleep at an affordable price to be successful once again.
Cleanliness and customer service are our main areas we focus on and it is great to see that we managed to keep it up to our usually high standards.
We are looking forward to welcome you back at Tune Hotel Liverpool Street in the near future!

Reviewed April 28, 2013

I was very happy here. I Got a great room who was cozy and the bed was comfy. I had access to Wifi. The staff was very nice. Location was great, esspecially if you want to hang in East London. Thumbs up for this hotel.

Unfortunately, it's a little hard with the sound from the hallways and if someone snores and talks a lot... The hotel is perfect if you are traveling alone. If you travelling with friends you will sadly disturd others.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo
4  Thank Almond M

Dear Reviewer,
Thank you for your positive feedback regarding your recent stay with us.
It is great to read that you enjoyed your stay at Tune Hotel Liverpool Street and we are very happy to see that the hotel suited all your needs.
We are looking forward to see you again in the near future!

Reviewed April 27, 2013

I come to London quite often and often on a low budget. I prefer to spend more money on theatre, restaurants, shopping etc. As far as I can say, this is the best place for the price you pay! There are many other option around this price but they are all of a very low qality. Usually dirty and very poor. This hotel, instead, is modern, clean, very well located, so close to Liverpool st station, which is conveniently connected by train to Stansted Airport. I don't understand people complaining about it being so "essential". There are no surprises, everything is very clearly stated in their website. S, before booking, you know exactly what to expect, what you have paid for, and what are the options that need to be added (late/early check in/out, wifi, hairdrier etc). Also the room size is absolutely reasonable. I stayed in a twin room and there was enough space for everithing for a couple of days. Staff is very nice, and I was happy, coming back to the hotel late at night in a freezing London February, to get a warm cup of tea to take to my room. I have just booked again for May!

Room Tip: I had a twin room on the third floor which was absolutely great.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank eva r

Dear Reviewer,
Thank you for such a positive feedback and for taking the time to share your experience with other travellers.
I am very happy to read that the hotel suited your needs and you have enjoyed your stay with us. Your review explains our concept in a perfect way and there is no much more we can add.
We always aim to offer excellent value for money accommodation for both business and leisure stays. We are glad to receive such lovely comments about our service and facilities, as our key focus points are to provide clean and comfortable rooms in a good location at unbeatable prices.
We are looking forward to your next stay with us!

Reviewed April 27, 2013

We loved the location of this hotel, right in the middle of some wonderful old 18th century housing, with old pavements, cobbles etc. Only a minutes walk to Old Spitalfields Market, with numerous restaurant options (we can recommend Leon for lunch/dinner, and a bit further away, The Breakfast Club in Artillery Lane (5 minutes walk - try the Breakfast Burrito).

The staff were lovely. I had a query when booking, and I was replied to by email and phone from someone actually in THIS hotel, not by some faceless person in a central booking centre. Once we were there, the staff were cheerful and very wiling to help.

The room was VERY cold, and turning off the vicious air conditioning didn't seem to help. I got thoroughly chilled and ended up having to wear virtually every layer I'd brought with me.

The wheelchair accessible room was a reasonable size, but the other rooms really are very tiny. Everything felt very fresh. It was mainly clean, just a little bit of gunk on the grouting on the tiles in the shower/wet room.

The bed was rock hard - I put my back out lying on it.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Florallle

Dear reviewer,
I am very sorry to read that your room was too cold. Our room temperatures are pre-set and can be regulated by the guest from the bedroom between 4 degrees up or down. If the guest is still not happy with the temperature of the room our front desk team can increase the temperature to a different setting and pre-set the temperature as the guest requires.
I would also like to thank you for your kind comments regarding our front desk team. It’s great to see that we provided an excellent customer service and we will make sure we will continue to keep up our high standards.
We hope to see you again in the near future and we will make sure that your next stay will be even better than your first one!