“Tiny rooms, but clean, modern - and perfect for us!”

Point A Hotel, London Liverpool Street
Ranked #365 of 1,063 Hotels in London
Esbjerg, Denmark
“Tiny rooms, but clean, modern - and perfect for us!”
Reviewed April 21, 2013

We stayed here for 3 nights, in London to shop and have fun. Excellent location; just 7 minutes by foot to Liverpool Street Station (which is also where we got travelled to and from by bus from Stansted Airport). On the way to the station there are several options for breakfast (which the hotel doesn't offer). The room was absolutely tiny - but very modern, nice and very clean. Our view was an old wall, but not an issue for us. There are no cabinets, but just a place to hang a few clothes and other than that, you can put luggage underneath the bed. Not much room at all on the floor for luggage - but again; no issue for us! :-)

Service in the reception; always friendly and helpful.

So unless you need lots of room, this is an excellent choice for a nicely located London hotel!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
TuneLivSt, Guest Relations Manager at Point A Hotel, London Liverpool Street, responded to this review, April 29, 2013
Dear Reviewer,
Thank you for reviewing our hotel.
We are so pleased to read that you found our hotel perfect. Thank you for highlighting our fantastic location, close to shops, bars and parks and great transport links to all attractions in London, which we feel is convenient for both business and leisure. We are aware that the majority of people do not spend much time in their hotel when in London so we are therefore able to charge a lot less by reducing unnecessary room space in line with our unique limited service concept. I am also pleased that you were impressed with our Front Desk’s friendly service.
We look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel in the near future
Greta Hado - Guest Services Supervisor

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (388)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Serbian first
Levallois
Reviewed April 17, 2013

I stayed at the Tune Liv' Street for the second time, for 3 nights.

The staff is always nice and helpful and I even remembered one or two faces.

I always choose the cheaper windowless rooms, so I thought I was going to be in the basement, but this time the room was on the first floor and it sounded a bit more calm than in the basement. Still, you can hear the trains arriving at the station during the day and the evening, which is a minor downside for me but could be irritating for some, so don't forget your earplugs.
I noticed they fixed the rooms' doors, they now close really easily, you don't need to slam them waking up everybody like you had to. Still no toilet mop though which is a really basic element in my opinion.

All in all, it's hard to find such a good value for central London. I will definitely be back for the third time.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Christophe L
Dear Reviewer,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review.
We are so pleased to read that you chose us again for your London stay. I am delighted that we have impressed you with the improvements from your last stay as we do really value our guests’ feedback. It is also good to see that you enjoy staying in our rooms without window, which we offer as an additional option to allow guests to save even more on the accommodation costs. We aim to provide our guests with the best service possible and we are pleased to read that once again we have managed to do so.
Thank you for recommending us and we are looking forward to welcoming you again for your third stay.
Wigan, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 17, 2013

Excellent accommodation, service and price. Hotel is really clean, and comfortable and the staff always very helpful. I have stayed here four times now - although my company did the previous bookings - this one I did myself! Situated perfectly for anyone wishing to stay in London as buses tubes and stations are all so close to the hotel. Plenty of superb places to eat within walking distance and the same goes for places to drink too! I certainly wouldn't look anywhere else for accommodation at this price range - it ticks all the boxes!

Room Tip: Just ask for a room with a window - although the ones without are not unpleasant whatsoever - it is...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Dear Reviewer,
Thank you for taking the time to post a positive review and for recommending us so highly.
We are so pleased to read that we are your preferred choice for your stays in the capital. We always aim to offer excellent value for money accommodation for both business and leisure stays. We are glad to receive such lovely comments about our service and facilities, as our key focus points are to provide clean and comfortable rooms in a good location at unbeatable prices. As you mentioned we are situated close to the trendy Shoreditch area, where you can enjoy the great selection of shops, restaurants and bars.
We hope you will come and have another enjoyable stay with us soon.
Reviewed April 17, 2013 via mobile

First the positive things about the hotel. There's a bed, the water is hot, the rooms are clean and the staff seems friendly. But here ends the good things. There's no options for breakfast at the hotel. Here you need to go out into the near area to find a suitable restaurant. The rooms have a total lack of furniture. There's a bed but that's it. Nothing else. Not even a cabinet, so you have to leave your clothes and belongings on the floor. The floor in the shower is completely flat meaning after a shower the floor is full of water and wet. My room was right next to a street with a lot of traffic and very noisy. So I didn't get that much sleep. In my opinion it's a hotel for people that doesn't need sleep, food or comfort. Terrible for business people, horrible for families...

Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Hans J
TuneLivSt, General Manager at Point A Hotel, London Liverpool Street, responded to this review, April 29, 2013
Dear Reviewer,
Thank you for writing a review.
First of all, I am pleased to read that you found the room clean with a comfortable bed and also enjoyed the hot power shower. Being a limited service hotel our rooms are compact and this allows us to keep our prices low. In line with our concept, we do not serve meals at the hotel, but there are lots of cafés and restaurants very close to the hotel in the nearby Spitalfields Market.
I am very sorry to read that you did not get a good night’s sleep and would like the opportunity to discuss this with you further so I have sent you a direct message. We appreciate all feedback from our guests as this enables us to improve, and it is unfortunate that you did not mention to us the disruption to your sleep upon check-out as we would have liked to compensate you accordingly at the time.
I hope you will give us another try.
Elly Page – General Manager
Dunleer, Ireland
Reviewed April 15, 2013

We stayed here for two nights in a windowless room. The room was located on the second floor. It was not as small as I had anticipated. There is a good use of space. The only thing I wasn't mad on was the frosted glass door of the bathroom - it doesn't leave much to the imagination. The bed was very comfortable. The shower was lovely. We didn't really miss having a window as we spent very little time in the hotel itself. The only thing I would say is that if it was warmer, you might want a window to let in a breeze as the room was quite warm and the air-con is very loud and quickly freezes out the room. This was only a minor thing though.
You can hear the underground in the room but nothing that would disturb you. Overall, we found the hotel very good and would recommend to others. The staff were all very pleasant too.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank FOG_11
TuneLivSt, Guest Relations Manager at Point A Hotel, London Liverpool Street, responded to this review, April 23, 2013
Dear Reviewer

Thank you for your valuable feedback following your recent stay in our hotel.
We are very pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you found the hotel to be of good value for money and convenience in terms of our prime central location. We pride ourselves in maintaining high standards of cleanliness and always aim to exceed our guest’s expectations. It is great to hear such positive feedback about the concept and the facilities that we offer. I am particularly proud of the fact that the excellent guest service you received fine-Tuned your London experience.
We look forward to welcoming you again in the near future.

Kind Regards
Greta Hado – Guest Services Supervisor
DUBLIN
Reviewed April 15, 2013

Great location and so handy to Liverpool St Station
I use a walking stick and found the 5min walk just right for me.
Staff lovely and very helpful.
Price good and I will use again when visiting London.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank ALAN799
Dear Reviewer

Thank you for your kind feedback.
I am pleased to read that our location was so convenient for your visit to London. It is also rewarding to know that you benefited from our unbeatable prices and that our friendly front desk service added to your experience.
Thank you for your recommendation and we look forward to welcoming you in the near future.

Greta Hado – Guest Services Supervisor