Marlyn Lodge - Serviced Apartments
  • Bar/Lounge
  • Pool
  • Bar/Lounge
  • Pool
All reviewstower hilltesco expressgreat locationapartment was cleanwashing machinealdgate stationwell equipped kitchenfull kitchenminute walkthe sofa bedone bedroom apartmentgreat apartmentdining tablecircle and district linesfresh towelsst katherine's dockspitalfields market
FilterAll languages
Reviewed August 12, 2013

We stayed in a one bed apartment for a week at the end of June 2013.

Christine the manager was very helpful and the entry arrangements were secure and straightforward. The staff in the building itself were also genuinely helpful and very cheerful.

The apartment was clean and and had all mod cons. Great location near Tower Bridge, Tower of London and the lovely St Katherine's dock where boats depart regularly for cruises on the Thames and up to Greenwich.

There are loads of good inexpensive restaurants and bars on the doorstep; you really are spoilt for choice. If you want to eat in, both Tesco and Sainsburys are around the corner from the apartment.

We had a great stay and never encountered any problems. Would thoroughly recommend it.

Theresa and James from Cumbria.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank TheresaE49
Reviewed July 27, 2013

Staying a week for a conference, this was a MUCH better option than a hotel room - and at a lower price.

You get a studio apartment, with a spacious room, fully equipped kitchen (including a washing machine) and a comfortable bathroom.

There are two tube stations within a couple of minutes' walk, a lot of buses and two supermarkets right on the street. We were delighted with our stay.

We would also like to mention Maria and Jorge, who greeted us every morning and made sure we have everything we need.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank DownPatrickHead
Reviewed July 9, 2013

I stayed in Marlyn for 13 days and i find it really satisfactory overall. The room is comfortable and the kitchen is well equiped with the basic facilities. The staff are friendly and Michelle is kind enough to accommodate to my request. The room and toilet are also clean and the location is central ie easily accessible to Tesco and Tower Hill Underground station. For this reasonable price per night, it is every tourist wish, especially for a first timer like myself. I would definitely recommend to any body who wants to visit London or i will definitely return to Marlyn for my next personal trip. Thank you, Christine and Michelle and staff of Marlyn! You made my trip to London a memorable one!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank myvi9253
Reviewed July 9, 2013

We stayed there as a family in an apartment and we all loved it. Our two kids were excited especially that was in central london next to the tube stations and the tower bridge and also just behind TESCO.
The workers were friendly and were able to cll them for any problem. The kitchen was great, wifi fabulous and the apartments were very clean.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed June 16, 2013

We arrived at Marlyn Lodge and was quite shocked at how the keys to the flat were delivered to us (in unlocked mailboxes inside the lobby). My daughter arrived before us and retrieved her key and when her bf was leaving he saw a rather shady character lingering outside the door waiting for someone to unlock it so he could sneak in (or so it seemed). Therefore, he brought our key up to our room so it could not be stolen. The flat was not very clean in my estimation (mold on the grout in the tub, the shower curtain looked dirty, the entire flat was very dusty, like it hadn't been cleaned prior to our arrival...) The kitchen wasn't very well stocked (one dish towel?) No paper towels, tissues...We didn't cook in the flat, but there wasn't even 3 drinking-size glasses (for water) for us to use during our stay, there were wine glasses but not the drinking size ones, just one (not three). The kitchen was stocked with a hodge-podge of stuff. Just strange. The beds were terribly uncomfortable (especially the pullout in the lounge area which my daughter slept on which I laid on and it felt like it had broken springs popping through the mattress). The AC unit in the lounge area didn't function properly (and it was particularly warm the week we were in London) so during the night my daughter had to suffer either the noisy streets below or sweating all night. There wasn't anyone "on premises" for 90% of our stay (1 week) (or at least we never saw anyone) so, for instance, we needed extra towels or when our towels were changed, we only got ONE SET of towels instead of 3 so we had to wait an extra day for towels to be delivered. The only positive thing I can say is that it was large and there was good internet and it was close to the Tower Hill underground which we used quite frequently. I would not recommend Marlyn to anyone; there are so many other places in the City. I don't know if I would have done better or worse anywhere else. Just a disappointing week, but at least we didn't spend too many hours in the room...

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
84manager, Manager at Marlyn Lodge - Serviced Apartments, responded to this reviewResponded July 1, 2013

I am really sorry that the guest did not feel able to recommend us, but I confirm we have taken note of their concerns and have already dealt with any issues raised. Although we have never had any security issues in the past, or whilst the guest was staying with us, the system for collecting keys has been changed to a secure arrangement..

The main bed was new in May 13 and I confirm our staff were present in the building servicing the apartments. When I was contacted with a request for more hand towels these were provided. There was no mention of any other issue with the apartment.

I can say I have not received complaints from any other guests who stayed in the same apartment either before or after the guest who submitted the review. We do try to be helpful and as will be seen from the other reviews our rating is normally 4 or 5 stars.