“Self Service needed”

Neighborhood: Mayfair
Norwalk, CT
“Self Service needed”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 11, 2013

Hit the restaurant at at busy time. The waitress told us not to order certain food and drinks and that we had a long wait ahead. However even wehen it slowed down we couldn't get her attention and we were told to wait. Requested chutney and got some syrupy liquid instead. Watch your bill carefully as our was indechipherable and incorrect. Food was ok.

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank CTMaximus22

Californa
“First Time having Indian Food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 12, 2013

Since we were looking for an Indian restaurant in our area after we went to Tandoori in London
we started looking at reviews.

Very surprised that Tandoori had such bad reviews, we both liked it, the food was excellent in our opinion, and the staff was more than courteous to us. I even asked for a separate bill so that I could keep it and the waiter hand wrote it for me.

Have been to a couple indian restaurant since returning home, none were compared to this one.
Inside was very small but there were white tablecloths on every table and if I remember, even a flower.

• Visited September 2012
1 Thank Joybells12
Lund, Sweden
“Disaster”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 8, 2013

For Swedes London usually is Tandoori heaven, but this establishment is really the exception from the rule. Dull, uninspired food with almost no sauces at all. We had lunch there together with just one more (unfortunate) couple. We had to wait 45 minutes from the order until we were served. I should have read Trip Advisor Before we Went there!

• Visited April 2013
4 Thank ulfj
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Not a good advert for Asian food”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2013

This place was chosen as we were in the Shepherds Market area, I was not a mistake, but it would not be on my return to list or would I recommend it.

We were a party of 6 and were greeted by a guy who could not speak English very well and had no knowledge of what he was doing. We sat down and waited to be asked about drinks and poppadum’s, the waiter just stood there and had to be summoned to the table, on taking the order he had no real knowledge of the menu and had to go and ask Chef at least once for most of the dishes ordered.

The food arrived and it was ok, the portions were small and some of the variations of a theme of a dish left a lot to be desired, it was also very expensive for what we got.

However, we did order chips, that was obviously seen as a deal breaker for them, all meals were there, but no chips, the other waiter recognising there was an issue took some petty cash out of the till and run next door to the pub and came back with the chips; great customer service – but.

Would I go back again, no, would I recommend it, no.

• Visited May 2013
4 Thank Steve5839
London
“Worst Ever Curry House”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 24, 2013

I recently visited this place, and will never go back! What a let down for Mayfair. Tables on top of eachother, service dreadful. The bathroom was the pits, I am sure health and safety would have a field day.

We asked for two gin & tonic's and they claimed they didnt know what that was, we pointed to the Gin behind him and still claimed this was not possible, my partner literally made our own drinks!

Food was poor, 4 chunks of chicken swimming in sauce, small portion of rice, a mushroom baji was just slices of mushroom on a plate, and the prawn curry had 3 prawns in. For a price of £60! We complained and they refused to take our money so we walked out.

Plenty of other options so don't even bother walking through the door!

• Visited May 2013