“Its a budget hotel you get what you pay for!”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of Royal London Hotel

Royal London Hotel
Ranked #270 of 575 London B&B and Inns
Birmingham, United Kingdom
“Its a budget hotel you get what you pay for!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 14, 2013

Rooms are basic and small bathrooms are tiny but this is London and if you pay sub £50 what do you expect, if you need a place to rest your head on a budget this is ideal if your expecting glitz and glamour maybe try the hotels a mile or so east of this one where you can easily pay 10x

• Stayed October 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
  • Polish first
Sydney, Australia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 18, 2013

The rooms in this hotel are very, very small as are the bathrooms. I was unfortunate enough to be in a room where the bed bugs ate me alive and had to spend most of the night sitting on the very small kitchen chair that was in the room. The room was extremely hot. Breakfast was satisfactory. I would certainly not recommend this hotel.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank Annette146

Travelers are raving about these London hotels

Glasgow, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 22, 2013

When you go to a hotel that also includes breakfast, what do you expect? Full English or a good Continental. To my surprise neither. I was expecting a full English, so when asked fried or scrambled eggs, It did not surprise me. When I was presented with just two fried (more like cremated eggs) with two toast (like cardboard). I thought the rest of the breakfast must have been forgotten?
A continental with Fresh Bread, Cheeses, Cold Meats or a Full English with Bacon, Sausage ect would be fine but not this excuse for a breakfast,
After this disappointing experience I did not bother with breakfast again.
The room was very hot, there was a portable fan in room but this did not stop me having to throw heavy duvet off during night.
Both Hotels either side having renovation work in progress, can be annoying if you return to hotel during day.
On the positive side, hotel in good location, shame about the rest of it

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
Sheffield, Uk
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 13, 2013

I was a little concerned about staying here having read TA reviews from people who had been moved from hotel to hotel. Sure enough, mid-morning before our check-in I receieved a call, we had been moved to the hotel down the street. Not happy! We had booked the hotel because of how close it was to the Shepherd's Bush Empire. Two women travelling together, we did not want to be wandering too far late at night back to the hotel.

We arrived at our new hotel to be told we had been assigned a double room, when we had requested a twin. HOWEVER...After a few minutes on the phone the gentleman manning reception (who was the least pleasant of the staff we encountered, and was still perfectly professional) informed us that a twin room was waiting for us at our original hotel.

The gentleman at the Royal London Hotel was lovely, explained the mix-up (two bookings made at a similar time on the same day, they wanted double, we wanted twin) and checked us in.

The rooms are very small, but impeccably clean. We had just enough room for two single beds, wardrobe, a full-size fridge (odd...but appreciated. A smaller one would make the room feel larger) with more than ample tea and coffee making facilities, and a tiny bathroom with shower. The main complaint about the bathroom is that the mirror is so stupidly high up (I'm 5'2", I could only just see the top of my head in it, I'd say it was about 5' off the floor). The windows were open on arrival and the room was fresh, with towels and complimentary toiletries on the beds.

Being on a main road it was noisy late into the night with traffic and the occasional siren, but with the windows closed it was quiet enough to sleep easily though rather warm. The beds are very comfortable and the linen is all perfectly clean. The free wi-fi was an unexpected bonus, and worked very well at a decent speed. We did get a little noise from other people's running water, etc, but I guess in an older place that is to be expected and it wasn't bad enough to wake you up/keep you awake.

Breakfast was very busy, we headed to the breakfast room only to find it full and return to our room for 15mins to give it time to clear out a little. When we did get a table, breakfast was delicious, all the crockery and cutlery clean, and the atmosphere is lovely with sunlight pouring through the skylights. Breakfast is prepared in the same room which is nice, and everything was done as requested and in good time considering there was only the one woman working in the kitchen. We didn't feel rushed (maybe because we waited a little and were some of the last to be seated) and could have sat longer if we didn't have places to go.

All in all great value for money and will definitely be my first choice if attending any more gigs at the Empire. Close to the Tube station and the venue.

Room Tip: I would imagine rooms upstairs are quiter, we were in the front bottom room facing the road and it w...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Sarah_Sheffield_UK
Canberra, Australia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 5, 2013

The Royal London is staffed by very friendly and efficient people. Great value for money and a cooked breakfast is included. I'm fussy with my eggs (I like them hard) and the staff did an excellent job in accommodating to my tastes. Although the rooms are small, I have had smaller at a higher tariff. The single bed needed either a fitted bottom sheet or a larger sheet that doesn't come loose easily.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank Stephen D
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 29, 2013

The rooms are very small, but are cleaned everyday and towels changed. The breakfast is pretty basic but the location is good for getting around London. Overall this hotel was good, clean and cheap if you just need a place to sleep and wash whilst in London. The staff were friendly also.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Jazkaili
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 11, 2013

We had booked in the Saba hotel, but they checked us into the Royal London Hotel, which is just alittle further down the street. We stayed in a triple room. Nice clean room, tv, fridge and possibility to make a coffee or tea. Short walk from tube station. Staff is very friendly. The breakfast is basic, but very good and plenty for a full days walk ahead.

• Stayed May 2013