“It has to be Lobster”

Burger & Lobster - Mayfair
Ranked #256 of 22,375 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: American, Seafood, British
Good for: Families with children, Bar scene, Special occasions, Kids, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: Mayfair
Luton, United Kingdom
“It has to be Lobster”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 29, 2014

Looking for a lunch place in Mayfair on the 'net the night before, I found the Burger and Lobster in Clarges St. Intrigued, I thought I'd give it a go. At 13:30 it was busy but found a seat at the bar. The menu is . . . burger or lobster, so it had to be lobster. Service was quick, the lobster with fries and salad was very good. Not sure I would want to pay £20 for a burger but it did look good. A not particularly large glass of Sauvignon Blanc was an eye watering £8! Sparkling water was free. Pleasant, chatty staff. A £5 service charge for sitting at the bar?? Really? I meekly paid and left. I will go back but wouldn't order any wine.

• Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Cumbria
“Great Experience and Great Night”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 26, 2014

Had a night out with friends a few days ago and would thoroughly recommend it. Burger or Lobster is the menu and my wife and I went half and half lobster cooked to perfection and a fantastic burger. You cannot book and we were told we would have to wait an hour and a half but they took our mobile number, we went around the corner for a drink and they called us within the hour to say our table was ready. Service was excellent, Atmosphere buzzing and great food.
I'll be back>>

London, United Kingdom
“Go Lobster”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 26, 2014 credit card Amex Card Member Review

I had the burger which admittedly was great but not markedly more so than you'll find elsewhere in London... for less... so go lobster, which was delicious.

Visited February 2014
2 Thank Ed M
Norfolk
“We were really pleased to stumble upon it...”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 24, 2014

We were staying in Mayfair and had it in mind to find lunch. Thank goodness we walked past the faceless chain and stumbled up on long queue at five to midday. Burger and Lobster.

Seemed popular and we did read about it a few months ago, so we joined the wait. It wasn't long

12.00 - doors open
12.03 - seated and welcomed, menu
12.06 - ALL tables full and a small queue inside (empty to buzzing in 6 mins!)
12.10 - our meal arrives
12.40 - paid bill and left

Now I hate being rushed but it was plenty. We have a super tasty meal, super efficient staff (off course, time is money) and we were quite happy.

I had the burger (an excellent juicy, tasty, high quality burger) and my wife had the lobster roll. There are only three choices, it works. If you don't like burgers or lobster find somewhere else. Of course the lobster is the best value but wow, fabulous burger.

Good drinks choice, funky beers, soft drinks and wine. What is there not to like. We were really pleased to stumble upon it...

1 Thank Chissywizzy
challenger08
“What it says on the tin”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 17, 2014

Thoroughly enjoyed this experience. A busy Saturday and took a chance to see if we could get a table - told by the receptionist a table for 2 would be about a 1 hour wait (you can't book a table here). She helpfully suggested either a walk in nearby Green Park, or a drink in one of the pubs/bars in Shepherds Market - a 2 minute walk around the corner. hey took my mobile number and said they would phone in about an hour - they did.

Burger and Lobster does exactly what it says on the tin - a menu of three things: burger, lobster roll, or lobster. Good quality and interesting cocktails. Service is fast, efficient, friendly. Prices really good. Quality of the food was excellent - between the two of us we had a burger, a lobster roll and a small lobster. All served with delicious fries and salad. The lobster I was served (10 oz) was amongst the most enjoyable burgers I can recall - succulent, tasty, large. Enjoyed every bite. Equally the lobster roll - served on a lightly toasted brioche - was rated dry highly by my wife. We both enjoy the lobster which was served with a delicious garlic butter sauce.

We really like the overall vibe here - it was a busy, bustling Saturday but this just added to a pleasant buzzing atmosphere. Great place with great staff and great food.

1 Thank challenger08