“Chinese fast food served without fuss”
Review of Reindeer Cafe

Reindeer Cafe
Ranked #8,308 of 23,009 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Hampshire, United Kingdom
“Chinese fast food served without fuss”
Reviewed November 7, 2012 via mobile

In Wing Yip supermarket and cheaper than the restaurant next door, this is quick Chinese comfort food with excellent roast duck & pork dishes, noodles and stir fry Cantonese food. A well deserved stop after stocking up Chinese produce at Wing Yip. There is also an excellent in store bakery with chai siu buns & cakes to take home if you are greedy.

• Chinese (Traditional) first
Watford, United Kingdom
“Exceptionally tasty food!”
Reviewed November 4, 2012

It's important to get here early as the queue soon starts to build and goes out of the door. We arrived at around 1145 on a Sunday and were thankful for arriving so early.

This is not my first visit and I return because the food is excellent and the prices are reasonable.

On this occasion we ordered some noodle dishes, green vegetables and congee (porridge) with pork and preserved duck egg - it may sound odd but it tastes delicious. We also ordered the three roast meats - char sui, crispy pork belly and roast duck. I regularly order this dish and this was the equal best I have ever tasted. Simply heavenly!

The atmosphere of the restaurant is very relaxed and informal. Tables are placed close together and sometimes, if you are a couple or small group, you may be invited to share a table with others.

Overall the food is exceptional and the price is fair. It's well worth a journey and I'll be going back soon.

• Visited October 2012
“We love it! :))”
Reviewed October 19, 2012

My fiance and I we go there every time we fancy chinese food (every 2 weeks), even if we are by west end we travel all the way up to cricklewood, so worth it! Our favourite restaurant ever! We love the food, the bakery, the place is really cosy and the staff are very friendly. I recommend to drink mango bubles and green tea bubles, so delicious!

London, United Kingdom
“Excellent”
Reviewed September 30, 2012

I went there last week with my family and had a fantastic meal. It is one of my regular eating places and if I am working near the area the lads and I often pop in at lunch time for a bowl of wonton soup, the big wontons have a good prawn content and we normally ask for a plate of char sui to share, fantastic. So it was no surprise to me when my partner said she enjoyed them. I have eaten a lot of different items from here they are all excellent, try the duck last one I had was the best Ive had.
The only problem its very busy at lunch times so sometimes its hard to get a seat. although the food arrives in a reasonable time if you get a seat.
The bakery I think the custard tarts are better in a soho bakery I use, the pastry being a lot shorter. The price for the cakes and the meals is very good value.

• Visited September 2012
Essex
“It' the best!”
Reviewed September 24, 2012

We think it is the best Chinese establishment for a quick meal, the menu is extensive , the cafe name refers to the decor but the cooking is first class.
They open by 10am for breakfast and last order is 8pm. We have never been disappointed. One should avoid Sunday as it is packed.However you can always look around the Chinese supermarket if you have time.

• Visited September 2012