“Great atmosphere and very attentive staff.”
Review of Beaufort Bar

Ranked #7 of 350 Bars & Pubs in London
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Trafalgar Square / Embankment
Description: The dramatic jet-black and burnished gold décor of the romantic Beaufort Bar exudes the glamour of a time when stars graced the renowned cabaret stage at The Savoy. Today, from a bar that stands on this very same stage, the expert team offer classic and new cocktails made with an element of drama, and one of the most extensive choices of Champagne by the glass and by the bottle.
Reviewed June 27, 2017

Five of us spent some time in The Beaufort before our dinner. We had a few bottles of champagne and few cups of olives and crunches provided complementary. If we where not heading to Kaspar's I would have had something off the appetizer menu. A table next to us where ordering them left and right and they all looked excellent.

Date of visit: June 2017
PhilipBarnes1, Managing Director at Beaufort Bar, responded to this reviewResponded June 28, 2017

Dear Cranky64,

Thank you for your five-star review. We really do appreciate our guests taking the time to leave feedback, and we are delighted you enjoyed your visit to The Beaufort Bar, within the iconic surroundings of The Savoy.

At The Savoy we pride ourselves on delivering an exceptionally high level of service to our guests, and I am so pleased we achieved this and you enjoyed the special atmosphere of the bar. We look forward very much to welcoming you back again some time soon, in order that you have an opportunity to sample some of the delicious appetisers we offer, to accompany your drinks.

Kind regards,

Philip Barnes

Write a reviewReviews (437)

Reviewed June 25, 2017 via mobile

We visited the Beaufort Bar at The Savoy for pre dinner drinks prior to eating at Kaspar's.

We arrived at around 730pm on a Saturday evening and frankly we weren't expecting to walk straight into the bar.

We were seated outside the main bar and informed that we would be seated inside, as a table became available.

Bearing in mind the location and the fact that cocktails are around £15-20 a go, one would expect the service to be of the highest order. Having to ask twice is not an option in my opinion, so we were extremely disappointed that we were not seated in the bar despite seeing several people leave and several couples walk in whilst we were seated outside. It would have been nice to have been offered the opportunity to order another drink as well.

1  Thank sharesomephotos
PhilipBarnes1, Managing Director at Beaufort Bar, responded to this reviewResponded June 27, 2017

Dear ilrich,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent visit to The Savoy. I truly appreciate you taking the time and trouble to review your visit to The Beaufort Bar.

May I first of all say how very sorry I am that you left the hotel less than satisfied with the services you received. We all take great pride in providing our guests with the highest standards of service, and for this reason I am sorry that we failed to meet your expectations on this occasion.

Having spoken with my colleagues in The Beaufort Bar about the issues you raised, it would seem that you visited at an extremely busy time. As you may be aware we do not take reservations on a Friday or Saturday evening, and operate a "waiting list" policy. I understand you had drinks in the Thames Foyer whilst waiting for a table, and although other people appeared to jump the queue, they had already been assigned to the waiting list earlier. I can only apologise, and hope you will decide to return to The Savoy in the future, in order that we can deliver to you a more memorable experience. If you do decide to visit again, please do contact my colleague Anna Sebastian, Beaufort Bar Manager (Anna.Sebastian@Fairmont.com) in advance of your visit.

With kindest regards.

Reviewed June 22, 2017 via mobile

The menu of drinks rivals a small town phone book. The wait staff know their alcohol and drinks and are willing to assist or let you revel in the atmosphere. The bar is old and even has a museum of the people who've visited. Go here for a cocktail and you will leave smiling.

Date of visit: May 2017
PhilipBarnes1, Managing Director at Beaufort Bar, responded to this reviewResponded June 23, 2017

Dear Cindy A,

Thank you for taking the time to leave such a delightful review following your visit to the Beaufort Bar - I'm so glad you enjoyed the whole experience, and were able to immerse yourself in the rich and iconic history of The Savoy! I will have great pleasure in sharing your comments with my colleagues, and we hope you will join us again in the very near future.

Warmest regards,

Reviewed June 16, 2017

How to set the stage for a musical at the Savoy....HAVE DINNER AT BEAUFORT. The service and food is sublime.

Date of visit: June 2017
PhilipBarnes1, Managing Director at Beaufort Bar, responded to this reviewResponded June 19, 2017

Dear mamadavinci2017,

Thank you for taking the time to leave such positive feedback following your visit to the Beaufort Bar - I'm so glad you enjoyed the whole experience, and had such a sublime time! I will have great pleasure in sharing your comments with my colleagues.

We do hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back to The Savoy again very soon.

Warmest regards,

Reviewed June 9, 2017

Let's start with the venue - it's the Savoy, the best hotel in London - if not the world so you're anticipating a treat. You sashay down the central aisle and saunter left to the enclave of calm that is the Beaufort Bar.

Dim lighting suggests a casual intimacy (so much more refined now they've closed the doors to the atrium). You're welcomed by smiling hosts (and if you're lucky, the lovely manageress) as if you're old friends returning home.

The new cocktail menu had much to live up to - the previous pop-up iteration being a work of art to behold. And yet they've cracked it at the Beaufort - its a sublime masterpiece of magical images, a tiny glimpse of light peeking through each die cut page.

I was recommended an 'Under the Stars' (they know I'm and old fashioned man in taste and style). Poured in honour of Fred Astaire and crafted from Woodford Reserve, champagne syrup, chestnut, sherry blend and bitters. It's smoother than a mink on Tinder and you'll be ordering your second at the halfway mark.

I'll leave the fascinating back story as a surprise. And the presentation, because it has to be experienced to be believed. It's a show piece deserving of the theatre next door and a drink that comes to life from first glimpse to last tantalising drop.

Bravo, Beaufort Bar. You set the bar high and have once again outdone yourselves.

Date of visit: June 2017
PhilipBarnes1, Managing Director at Beaufort Bar, responded to this reviewResponded June 10, 2017

Dear Harry L,

Thank you for taking the time to review your visit to The Savoy and in particular The Beaufort Bar. It is always such a pleasure to read about our customer's experiences, and we are delighted you enjoyed your visit and your wonderful 'Under the Stars' cocktail.

My colleagues in the Beaufort Bar take the greatest of pride in ensuring their customers are made to feel comfortable, and enjoy the highest levels of service. I am delighted they achieved this during your visit, and will have pleasure in sharing your feedback with them.

I do hope you will return for another Savoy experience very soon.

Kindest regards,