“Great night!”

Ranked #7 of 350 Bars & Pubs in London
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Trafalgar Square / Embankment
Description: The dramatic jet-black and burnished gold décor of the romantic Beaufort Bar exudes the glamour of a time when stars graced the renowned cabaret stage at The Savoy. Today, from a bar that stands on this very same stage, the expert team offer classic and new cocktails made with an element of drama, and one of the most extensive choices of Champagne by the glass and by the bottle.
Reviewed June 2, 2017

We taked a good scotch and my son smokes the best habano of the bar. A piano man played live music of the excellent songs. This night is one of the best in London.

Date of visit: July 2016
PhilipBarnes1, Managing Director at Beaufort Bar, responded to this reviewResponded June 5, 2017

Dear cristalesavila,

Thank you for your kind words following your visit to the Beaufort Bar. We are so pleased you enjoyed your visit and had a fantastic evening - we really do aim to exceed the expectations of all of our guests. We are delighted you enjoyed the individual atmosphere of the bar.

We do hope you will return to visit The Savoy again very soon.

Kindest regards,

Philip Barnes

Write a reviewReviews (437)

Reviewed June 1, 2017

I visit London approximately every two months and always pay a visit to the Beaufort Bar.My last visit was very disappointing to be honest,the bar didn't have the same ambience and service as usual.The drinks menu had been changed with of a lot of the regular cocktails now gone,when asking the head barman if he would make any of the drinks from previous menu,he refused.In the past there were drinks which weren't on menu and the head barman at the time (Chris Moore) was allows accommodating.I also found the stickers on the glass says 'Savoy' were somewhat tacky and wouldn't expect this in an establishment of this quality,On my next visit to London,I will be paying other London 5 star hotel bars a visit and no longer going to the Beaufort Bar

Date of visit: February 2017

Dear Jon M,

Thank you for leaving a review following your recent experience in The Beaufort Bar. I was so disappointed to hear that you were less than satisfied with the service you received - it is our top priority to ensure that our guests have the most memorable experience during their time at The Savoy, so please accept my sincere apologies.

Whilst we do change our cocktail menus fairly frequently, we will always try to accommodate any special requests for our customers, and indeed the entire range of cocktails featured in our Savoy Cocktail Book are available for guests. This can occasionally be challenging due to the fact that a lot of the ingredients we use are homemade and may not always be available, but my colleagues will endeavour make the drinks with the closest ingredients possible. I am sorry of this was not the case during your visit.

I have spoken to my colleague, Anna Sebastian, Manager of The Beaufort Bar, and she would like to invite you to return during your next visit to London, so we may have another chance to deliver a more memorable experience. Please contact her at: anna.sebastian@fairmont.com to arrange this.

We look forward to welcoming you back to The Savoy very soon.

Kindest regards,

Reviewed May 31, 2017

We popped in for wine and appetizers before going to see Dream Girls at the Savoy Theatre next door. The bar is elegant with lots of comfy places to sit. The service was wonderful and discrete. We ordered the Beetroot Macaroons which sounded unusual and was very, very tasty. I felt bad because last month we were at the Savoy for tea and it was a disappointment, after years of being fabulous and I didn't write my usual raving review. However the Beaufort Bar made up for it twice over.

Date of visit: May 2017
1  Thank JoyfulMomentsCoach
PhilipBarnes1, Managing Director at Beaufort Bar, responded to this reviewResponded June 1, 2017

Dear JoyfulMomentsCoach,

Thank you for taking the time to leave such positive feedback following your visit to the Beaufort Bar - I'm so glad you enjoyed the whole experience, and we have restored your faith in The Savoy! I will have great pleasure in sharing your comments with my colleagues.

We hope you will join us again in the very near future to enjoy another Savoy experience.

Reviewed May 12, 2017

We were advised to go to this bar as it was less busy than the American Bar. We were eating in the Grill restaurant so visited twice. The decor is great and the range of cocktails is nice. The staff were fantastic and the service excellent.

I ordered the Cocktail 'Now or Never' and turned round to find my other half had got out a diamond ring and he then proposed to me!(he said it was the fact I had chosen that particular one that made him do it at this exact moment haha) I was so excited I told the waitress who then brought out 2 mini cakes with congratulations in chocolate on the plate and 2 glasses of champagne. Totally unexpected and a lovely reaction to our special news. Glad I didn't choose the cocktail called 'The Grass is Greener'!

Date of visit: April 2017
1  Thank cowcat80
PhilipBarnes1, Managing Director at Beaufort Bar, responded to this reviewResponded May 12, 2017

Dear cowcat80,

Many many congratulations on your engagement! At The Savoy, we love to be a part of making happy memories, and we wish you every future happiness with your fiancé.

Thank you for taking the time to leave such a positive review I am delighted you enjoyed your visit to the Beaufort Bar. I'm so glad you enjoyed the whole experience, including the great selection of drinks we offer and fantastic service.

Reviewed May 11, 2017

Beautiful decor, great ambiance, wonderful service, lovely music and outstanding cocktails. The menu is quite varied, and the cocktails themselves are innovative yet perfectly balanced. Mine came with the rose in dry ice to enhance the aroma, which was just a perfect touch. Definitely a place to visit when in London.

Date of visit: April 2017
1  Thank NYC_Traveller02

Dear Anya K,

Thank you for taking the time to leave such a positive review following your visit to the Beaufort Bar - I'm so glad you enjoyed the whole experience, including the great selection of drinks we offer. Our talented team of mixologists really do take the greatest pride in creating the cocktails they serve, and to hear such positive feedback is so rewarding.