“A Home from Home”

Ranked #33 of 1,088 Hotels in London
Hertford, United Kingdom
“A Home from Home”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 26, 2014

I stayed at the Staybridge Suites on Saturday 22nd February. I arrived at the reception desk and was greated by Tim with the fantastic American Accent. He was very professional explaining everything to me re breakfast times etc. I went to my room and it was lovely a proper little apartment. A lovely compact kitchen area with everything you could possibly want, kettle, toaster, dish washer, hob for cooking etc. The lounge had an really comfortable sofa with a plasma screen with apple tv to use if you have an account. There was also another plasma in the bedroom. The bathroom had full size toiletries including shampoo, conditioner and shower gel. I had lunch in the Holiday inn that day, which was a very good sized chicken burger with chips. It was quick to turn up and very generous portion of chips. I then had afternoon tea in there after doing some shopping in Westfield which was fantastic proper tea leaves with a twinings timer which I had to wait 3 1/2 mintutes for it to brew. It was lovely to sit there and look out over the olympic park. I went out to dinner that evening with a friend in westfield. We then went to 'The Den' which is back int he Staybridge Suites to watch some TV. It was really nice to sit there and have free tea while sitting there chilling. When I went to bed it didnt take me long to drift off as the bed was so comfortable I forgot that I was actually staying in a hotel. The following morning I woke up and had the most amazing shower, the shower head is huge, I thought from previous hotel stays that the pressure for the shower was going to be rubbish. Oh no I was totally mistaken, the water came flying out as each of the rooms has its own set of pipes. I really didnt want to get out of the shower. I actually went to look at the breakfast in the Staybridge which looked lovely but ended up eating with my friend in the Holiday Inn below which was lovely. A very good selection of breakfast items and they also managed to get me some gluten free bread for toasting which was a very nice touch. All in all I can say that if you want to go on a nice shopping weekend I would definetely recommend staying here.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (326)
  • Czech first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 20, 2014

Perfect hotel for shopping and a great view from hotel room of London City. I enjoyed our stay at the Staybridge stratford and would recommend it. The theme nights are a great idea and I look forward to my next visit!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Plymouth
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 20, 2014 via mobile

Stayed here just before Christmas to do some shopping with my girlfriend. It has to be said that the location of this hotel is second to none. It's situated on the top few floors of the Holiday Inn and the entrance is literally about 30 yards from the Westfield shopping centre. Check in was quick and easy from the top floor of the hotel which has fantastic views of the Olympic park. There is the usual incidentals charge of £70 for the room which gets credited back to your account shortly after departure. The suite itself was a decent size with a kitchen area along with one bedroom and a living area. There is a tv in both the bedroom and living area. There is also a bathroom with decent size bath. The room in general was clean although there were a few staines on the sofa and tea towel! The self service breakfast in the morning is also on the top floor of the hotel so you had the great views and the breakfast itself was of superb quality. You could also take your breakfast back to your room if so desired! Overall a nice place to stay in a truly superb location!!!

Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank papapump444
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 19, 2014

Had to stay a weekend away from home and choose to stay here as it is in the opposite area to where I life. It is a very nice hotel, all good but nothing extraordinary. Location is good and bad at the same time but I guess you know when you choose.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Tynset, Norway
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 12, 2014

Excellent location for those who love easy shoppingopportunities. As Westfield are just across the sidewalk. So leave your coat in your room. But the area also have nice local pubs and not to forget.....the Olympic Parc

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Newcastle, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 10, 2014

Stayed over a weekend in a Studio king. Check in effortless. Very comfortable room with Microwave/convention oven dishwasher, sink and utensils to cook around a basic meal. Fridge for your wine. Spacious airy and bright room. Bathroom is limited to a shower which was disappointing. Comfy bed, towels average quality and basic toiletries provided. Breakfast buffet was good and the area has a home from home kitchen feel, where you can mull over a recipe book, which are provided in the area. Tea and coffee available if you require during the day. No housekeeping service provided, however, if you wish they will organise for you. I consider this a pre requisite but I can understand that this is a nod to guests who don't wish to be disturbed and staybridge cleverly market it this way. Great free laundry facilities should you require and good gym over looking the stadium. The staff were amazing, courteous, polite, helpful and very friendly.
On the doorstep of an amazing shopping and leisure centre with excellent transport links.
A really comfortable enjoyable stay. I have awarded 4 due to the lack of tub and housekeeping and believe a 5 has to be an amazing, blow your socks off awesome type of experience, however, if you want a very comfortable stay with great service and great access to London, plus fancy a bit of shop, you won't go far wrong here.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
5 Thank Daisy D
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 9, 2014

London rooms can be problematic, they are small, expensive, sometimes old and run-down, so at least this was in decent shape being new and provided a comfortable sleep, but this isn't worth a 5-star review...which should be reserved for the exceptional and special places that go beyond basic function.

On the positive side, the location is good if you need to be on this end of the city for a conference at the Excel Center. It is handy to have shopping and dining options of the Westfield mall down the elevator. They have a nice breakfast buffet and good shower temperature and pressure with rain shower head. I can see the small kitchenette being useful for longer stays. The price was good compared to options in central London.

Things that could be better include rooms that are small and nothing special; no comfortable area to sit in the room, hence the large public areas near the breakfast room. My room showed signs of wear with broken tiles, chipped furniture, stains on floor/wall. A pet peeve is that the shampoo, conditioner, shower gel are in open large bottles and not sealed or fresh per check-in. I don't like this and decided to buy my own from the drugstore in the mall. Free WiFi is too slow to work effectively; had to pay extra to upgrade to premium speed level. Location is not near much beyond the mall and the dining options are not really local options, felt like chain restaurants like at a mall back home; if you looking for local flavor look for something more central. Entrance is in the mall so you do have to deal with your luggage through the shopping area even if dropped off by car.

To get here from Heathrow I recommend you take the tube if you can mange your luggage down one flight of stairs - it is one connection at Holborn and takes about 1 hour and costs about £6.00 per person vs. a £100.00 cab ride that also can take about an hour.

Room Tip: Room on the 12th floor is handy since you can be on the same floor as breakfast.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
3 Thank JS3PO
StayGM, General Manager at Staybridge Suites London-Stratford City, responded to this review, February 10, 2014
Thank you for your review. The team and I always look forward to reading all reviews as we regularly use guest feedback and suggestions in training excercises to ensure that we constantly develop and evolve the services and amenities we offer.

We are all extremely proud of our hotel and are obviously delighetd that overall that you enjoyed your stay with us. I notice particularly that you scored the service level you received as a 5 - thank you.

We are of course disappointed to see that we did not quite achieve the much sought after 5 stars. I have passed your comments regarding the maintenance of your room onto our Facilities Manager who offers his sincerest apologies for not meeting your expectations. We have just recruited a new team of painter/decorators who will be going through all of our rooms to ensure that they all look as good as new.

We sincerely hope to see you in a Staybridge Suites somewhere in the world in the very near future - as we truly do believe that we offer a fantastic level of sercvice and space at very competative prices, particularly when it comes to longer stays - with our tiered rate structure you will find that the longer you stay, the less you pay.

Wayne Androliakos