“not bad”

Ranked #952 of 1,090 Hotels in London
London, United Kingdom
“not bad”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 19, 2014

room small bed uncomfortable pretty clean can get better for the cash we paid make sure u dont leave any valueables in room as we got the rong room key and enterd there room and we told recption and thay did not care

Room Tip: ask for wood flooring
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank edward_354

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
  • Greek first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Peterborough, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 31, 2014

Booked this hotel as me and a mate were off to London and wanted a well located hotel that was cheap and cheerful. Well, there wasn't a lot of cheerfulness and a watch I bought at Camden Market wasn't as cheap as this run down hovel!! There were a few good points - the linen and towels were clean, as was the bathroom and the receptionists were polite and helpful, but that's where the compliments end. The room I booked was a double but I doubt the bed (which had seen some action) would have been wide enough for a couple of size zero models to share. The bathroom was, as an estate agent might describe, compact and bijoux - so compact, in fact, that I cracked my head on the facing wall when I arose from my ceramic throne! The ceiling was covered in flaking paint and half the lights didn't work - I couldn't even find the switch for the lights above my (rock hard) pillows. There was no remote control for the TV. Not really a big problem until I returned that night, after a jar or two, to realise that I had to stand on a chair to reach the buttons manually which were positioned on the top of the TV. My room was on the top (4th) floor so being lazy, the lift seemed a sensible option. How wrong was I! This lift is scarier than a ride at Alton Towers and the queues are just as long due to the fact that there is only room for 2 adults in the lift at a time. The notice in the lift states it is capable of carrying 4 adults, but even if Kate Moss had been on a strict diet for a couple of months, there is no way you would fit 4 of her into this lift. It stops so abruptly when you reach your desired floor I suggest you wear a crash helmet to protect your head from the ceiling. Continental breakfast was included in the price. When I went down for breakfast the following morning (I chose the safer option of using the threadbare carpeted stairs) I was greeted with no table to sit at and the continental breakfast consisted of toast, jam and cornflakes - not a croissant or slice of cheese to be seen. We decided to eat at the cafe down the road (lovely full English) and checked out quicker than Usain Bolt on speed! I've stayed in a lot of hotels over the years and some of the ones I've stayed in, in the more deprived parts of the world have been on a better level than this place. I suppose the moral of this story is that you get what you pay for. Not the place to take a loved one for a special occasion.

• Stayed March 2014
5 Thank sigray
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 31, 2014

Well, I've been to some dumps in my time but this is the cherry !!! Filthy rooms, paper thin walls and the so called continental breakfast is toast and jam, that's it !!! My advice would be sleep on a park bench, it will be a more pleasant stay.

• Stayed March 2014
3 Thank Horton1968
Bucharest, Romania
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 2, 2014

The room was very clean and comfortable. Attentive staff. Location very good: easy access to buses and the underground (max 3 minutes walk), access to museums through Hyde Park, 15 minute walk. Good variety of restaurants and bars close by as well. Smooth check in and check out, free WiFi log in. Hope to stay again.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 2, 2014

I stayed in this hotel and found it to be the most disgusting hotel I've ever been to. Upon settling into bed, pulling back the sheets me and my partner found an insect crawling around on the sheets, disgusting stains and hair on the bed. After two members of staff saw the hair, stains and insect on the bed, we asked for a refund so that we could go elsewhere. Both members of staff denied seeing anything on the bed and refused to give us a refund. Along with being rude to us, shouting at us and talking to each other in another language in front of our faces. They would not contact the manager to authorize a refund and asked us to come back the next day. We have on several occasions contacted management to get our money back and are yet waiting a reply. This hotel and is staff members are a disgrace. I recommend no one to stay at this filthy hotel. It's not worth a single penny. I hope this hotel is shut down by the department of health and the staff members take some serious customer service courses.

• Stayed February 2014
5 Thank n4498
Bangor, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 21, 2014

The hotel was in a great location and very easy to find from both Queensway and Bayswater stations, only about a 5 minute walk. Outer appearance of the hotel is a bit shabby but once inside it is very pleasant. While the staff were not particularly friendly or smiley, their service was efficient and helpful. Do not take the escalator, walk instead, it is tiny and makes rather unsettling noises. The hallways could do with a bit of a clean but the rooms are good, basic but good. The beds are not particularly comfy but were suitable for the one night that I stayed here. The hotel is budget friendly and you get what you pay for. If I needed to stay in the city overnight again, I would stay here.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business