“Never stay here, avoid it like the plague. I would be embarrassed if I owned this hotel it is a disgrace.”
Review of Wedgewood Hotel

Wedgewood Hotel
Ranked #943 of 1,076 Hotels in London
Reviewed May 18, 2012 via mobile

Worst hotel in the world, I work in London Monday to Friday And so require hotel accommodation we finished work late so decided to stay here as it was one of the only places left, we arrived to find the hotel in a good touristy area so we assumed it would have to be up to a certain standard but how wrong we were it was disgusting if I could give one piece of advice in my life it would be to never stay here. There are stains everywhere even in unimaginable places the bathroom is in a cupboard hidden in the corner.

• Stayed: May 2012

Reviewed May 4, 2012

NEVER AGAIN will i stay in this awful horrible hell hole. the reasons follow:
1) Previous reviews state its cheap, and you get what you pay for, fact is, its not that cheap and if you shop around you can find far better accomodation for not much more money.
2) Previous reviews state that the reception staff arent friendly. Thats not true, they are damn rite rude, unhelpfull and quite frankly need to be fired.
3) Previous reviews state the rooms are filthy, thats not true, they are a disgrace, dusty, smelly and beds thats fold up.
4) Previous reviews state the breakfast was just toast and jam, thats not true, they supply stale bread and jam,
5) Previous reviews state the windows were dirty, thats not true, they are wafer thin, and had a fashionable tint to them caused by dirt.
6) Previous reviews state they got no sleep because of the noise, thats one thing that is very much true. due to the windows being so thin, every car that drives past you can hear, also the road is unpredicably busy...all nite, plus the hotel books huge partys of 20+ people in but dont book them in untill late night, and due to the terrible staff, dont expect help from them. i recommend you take ear plugs.
7) 10 pounds deposit for a remote control...refunded when its returned... god knows why? as if id want to steal a momento of this horrible experience.

There is a positive..
1) the shower was powerfull.(but dirty)

FAO ALL POTENTIAL GUESTS.
read this review and every one prior and dont stay here.

FAO WEDGEWOOD HOTEL.
call 0800 150 650 its a local business to me called JCB. hire one, knock the place down and start again it'll be cheaper.

Room Tip: Stay elsewhere.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank RelleAde
Reviewed May 2, 2012

This hotel is scamming people. The pictures and write-up are misleading as the rooms are in poor condition with unsatisfactory linens even by youth hostile standards. I was significantly overcharged for my room at L175 pounds per night for a filthy room with old worn out bedding where the room window was left open to a puddle of water filled with cigarette butts. Not only that, the hotel did not advertise that they are currently under construction. The construction was going on right next to my room, which I recorded with my phone as it sounded like they were coming through the wall. When I complained, management said they would be done in 3 hours. I left the room never having checked in and was charged L225 pounds for a cancellation. I went around the corner and found a hotel called Vancouver Studios which charged L90 pounds for a room that was clean, had a kitchenette, refridgerator and was immaculate. The Wedgewood should be charged with price gauging and false advertising. I am currently disputing my charge for the L225 pound cancellation fee with my bank. The desk attendant told me I was under contract and they have every right to charge me. She didnt even try to understand. I told them they were under a breach of contract because they did not advertise they were under construction. BAD HOTEL!!!

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank Thomas F
Reviewed March 30, 2012

the hotel is you get what you pay for. there is 1 lift which is very small only 4 people (thin) can fit in it. our room was very basic and for the money we paid we did not mind that it was basic we was right next to lift but could not really hear it but we could hear the doors opening and closing. at night time we could hear what i think was the water tank filling up everytime someone used the water so this kept us awake most of the night, as well as the fan from the downstairs room. on the second day we got up for a shower and the water pressure was low and not much hot water and on our last day we had a drip of a shower. After ourfirst night we went out for the day and left quiet a bit of change on the side and when we came back house cleaning had been and the money had gone. the following day we left a few pence which they did not tuch. would not saty here again

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 22, 2012

I stayed there for a week. If you want true quality at average price – this is right choice. First you could benefit from convenient location – 15 min work from Paddington, 5 min to Bayswater metro station (central line), up 10 min to Kensington gardens. Even more there is a bus N23 that takes you directly to Oxford street and St. Pall.

The room is small but acceptably clean. Breakfast is rather poor but you could bring some more with you. Very noisy at the weekends

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled solo
Reviewed March 2, 2012

The location of the hotel is great, just a few minutes from Bayswater "central".
It's a small hotel, and it might look a bit dodgy when entering. Our room was in the basement, right opposite of the Breakfast Room.
Although the hallway looked a bit run-down, the room was truly a surprise! It looked new and clean. A few cracked floorboards, but it didn't bother us. It was a bit stuffed when we first entered, but we just turned on the bathroom-fan and the air was clear in a couple of minutes.
Great location, basic room - would recommend for travellers who'd like something cheap and do not plan to spend their vacation in their room.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank Maria S
Reviewed February 29, 2012

Staff are efficient but can't be called friendly. I got a twin bedded 4th floor room which measured around 2.5m by 4m, with 3" beds (900mm). Colour TV with remote, tea and coffee making facilities, with a shower that emits a dribble of water. Room is budget so lots of stains etc and the bed has more lumps than the surface of the moon - this is my third night and yet to sleep good although very quiet street outside. Each floor plank has its own squeak and the door sounds like something from a gothic horror movie. Breakfast can be eaten from 7am and it is simple fare of cereal, toast, plus tea / coffee. Can be recommended for cheap no frills bed but that's it.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business