“sushi and sake!”

Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed February 26, 2013

GREAT! The staff are lovely and polite, I've eaten here since they opened and they remember you and always greet you with a smile.

I always eat sushi and sashimi when eating here which is lovely and fresh. My Father and twin have had the Chinese and love it. Their Sake is lush and the Tabiko and Tamago is to die for. I know I'm gushing but it's great to have somewhere in Streatham this nice and I take pleasure in taking friends here. P.s I tried the seaweed salad and have to say it's 'interesting', beautiful greens of seaweed, shredded but to me it just tasted of a rockpool! But hey how can 120 million Japanese be wrong??

Reviewed January 17, 2013

The wife and I have been to Mangetsu on a number of occasions now and are continually pleased with the quality & freshness of the sushi on offer. I don't believe we've eaten any of the Chinese dishes so I shan't offer any opinions on that, but I will add - as some other reviewers have mentioned - that the service is friendly and efficient, the decor is in very good order and an evening there presents excellent value for money, whether you choose the £15 / head all-you-can-eat buffet or not. Recommended.

1  Thank Andy C
Reviewed October 20, 2012

We had a great night at this place. Food good value and varied mix of Chinese and Japanese. Sushi freshly prepared and very tasty. We had the £15.50 pp set menu but massive choice. Including a few beers and a bottle of wine it totalled £125 for 6.

Reviewed August 30, 2012

We have been here a few times, and stumbled upon here by mistake one evening, we didn't realise they did such a great cooked to order buffet for under £15. Over 60 Japanese or Chinese dishes to eat. We like it becasue the dishes are freshly prepared, not just sitting under spotlights sweating away like most oriential buffets.
Sushi is freshly made to order and food is delicious. Staff are very good and friendly, helpful too.
Nice and clean, toilets clean too.
One of our favourite locals for a good priced dinner. Give it a go!

Reviewed June 7, 2012

I really enjoyed the sushi and it's one of the few places I've been to that serve Katsu curry - which is a favourite of mine. Not the best Katsu curry I've tasted - but a nice meal, lots of choice including Japanese and Chines dishes and great prices too - we'll be certain to return again soon.