“Why all this hate?”

Ranked #1,037 of 1,069 Hotels in London
Lecce
“Why all this hate?”
Reviewed July 22, 2011

As a young man coming from a hostel, I didn't want to get into a Ritz Hotel. So I was glad to find good and friendly people at the reception, a room enough clean and a good shower and toilet. It was easy to reach the underground station and the bus stops, so my permanence in London was quiet and productive. I'm sure most of the people here complaining will go on it, even at Ritz.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with friends
5 Thank LecceFabio

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
California
Reviewed March 17, 2011

Located a short walk from Earl's Court underground. The rooms are very small and the beds are not comfortable. The bathroom was obviously not cleaned before we checked in - there was a used shampoo packet and a hair rubber band on the ground. The worst part, however, was that we returned from a play in the West End to get in and the front door was locked. The key doesn't open the front door, just the room. I had to ring the bell and wake up the hotel "landlord" (there is no real front desk) to let us in. How much does it really cost to change the lock on the front door? Of course there is no elevator...and it's close enough to the station that you can hear the trains.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple
7 Thank tsarkoye
Pexy, Manager at Regency Court Hotel, responded to this review, March 27, 2011
Thank you for your comments.
We are proud to say that our beds are under 1 year old. They are custom made for us by a company in Scotland. We apologise for the cleanliness issue; our maid is new and undergoing training; this will be addressed. The hotel is a small property and hence has no lift. We appreciate you were on the first floor but the stairs access to all floors is mentioned on our web site.
For guest security, the front door is locked at night. We actively encourage guests to ring the door bell as although the front desk may not be manned, rest-assured someone is on site to open the door. Surely ringing a door bell is not too inconvenient?

Travelers are raving about these London hotels

Dorset
Reviewed November 8, 2010

Two nights were quite enough. The room we were in was very small the only extra apart from the bedding was one small towel between two and liquid soap in the bijou ensuite.
Our credit card was whisked away which still worries us although the bill was OK. There was a TV in the room precariously placed and with reception so poor you couldn't watch it. (Hasn't London gone digital yet?)
I was glad we travelled light as there was so little space and I wouldn't want to carry a heavy case up the steep stairs.
When I enquired about the tea and coffee I was directed to a small kitchen & told to help myself. One look was enough, we decided to forego the coffee!
The only plus was the location, close to Earls Court underground and within easy walking distance of the Museums. I was glad they didn't provide breakfast as the places nearby were very good and well priced so we didn't have to spend much time there.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled on business
4 Thank ActasifDorset
Leeds, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 12, 2010

My wife and I had a short weekend break to London and booked the Regency Court because it was £80 per night and anything over £100 seems expensive to us.

I had mixed feelings about the hotel. The positives were that the people on the desk were always friendly and greeted you with a smile, and the location right next to Earl's court tube station gave us easy access to London.

The disappointments were that this was advertised as a hotel, if it was a guest house then I would have thought 'fine', but as a hotel it lacked some fundamental 'hotel' qualities. The rooms are very small and run down, a lick of paint on the walls would make it look nice. The en suit bathrooms are tiny, and whilst clean, I am very thin and could barely fit in the shower! The sheets on the bed were freshly made everyday, but the throws on top of them were not very nice and we just left them at the bottom of the bed.

Overall I wouldn't recommend this hotel to someone who stays in hotels when on holiday, but if you are used to more of a guest house / up market hostel type person then it is fine.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
2 Thank SteveClayton
hampshire
Reviewed July 14, 2009

First of all this was booked last minute.
It cost £70 for a double room. Sure you could get so much more for your money though. The rooms are clean, though are in a really tatty state, the window in a room didn't even shut or lock! The doors are also shut at midnight, with no other means of acsess! So don't plan to stay out late! The staff were friendly and not rude to us as some people have reported. and we were able to check in early which was a huge bonus. No coffee or tea in the rooms though, just a horriable kitchen, with mainly McDonalds suger n milk cartons to use! All in all wouldn't stay here again, im sure you can get much better for your money. Great location, no real parking though.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled on business
2 Thank brightstarHampshire
Dublin, Ireland.
Reviewed March 6, 2009

I have read some positive comments on this place that come up on top on this website they are written by a connected party or someone on drugs, the lower down comments are correct, it's an absolute dive. I dont know how it can be classified as a hotel, don't be misled by the grand name.

• Stayed February 2009, traveled on business
9 Thank Brendan3838
North America
Reviewed July 27, 2008

I stay at Regency Court Hotel often when I attend conferences at the Earls Court Exhibition Court...It feels like 'home away from home'! The exhibition is one minute walk from the hotel.
The staff know me well and are superb. Often I book directly or I just walk in and they always find room for me and treat me like family.

There is no elevator at the hotel but that is OK. The location is excellent and their buget room rates are good.

It really is a clean friendly place. Planning on bringing my family next time!

• Liked — Clen and friendly..good location
  • Disliked — Leaving!
  • Stayed April 2008, traveled on business