“The King William IV in Hampstead: A great pub and a lovely place to stay” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Kings Boutique Hotel

Kings Boutique Hotel
Ranked #339 of 567 London B&B and Inns
Nottingham, England, United Kingdom
“The King William IV in Hampstead: A great pub and a lovely place to stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 18, 2012

I had a lovely stay ! was perfect - a friendly and cosy place to come back to after two days trekking round the October Art Fairs!.
Lovely evening meals in the pub - the winter warmer lamb hotpot with mash was excellent! just right for my tired state!. Not to mention the lovely bed - slept like a dream. I love Hampstead and loved my stay here.

The rooms are over the pub yes! - but noise wasn't a problem for me. Friendly chit chat in the background with background music.... people drifted away ..I drifted off.
All the staff were friendly and very helpful. The chef was clearly involved with and paid special attention to his dishes.

A cosy and great place to eat and stay.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank Deborah_Ainscoe

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
London, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 18, 2012

I am local to the neighbourhood and had booked two rooms (in the part they call 'the apartment') at the Kings Boutique Hotel for my family. A couple of weeks after having made the reservation, I received an email out of the blue that said "I'm afraid I have to cancel your booking. I received an email this morning from the owner requesting I withdraw the apartment and cancel any bookings". The email didn't even give a reason.

I could not believe that they felt they could cancel a booking at their convenience, leaving people without accommodation, especially when the hotel's cancellation policy is to charge the guests for one night no matter what!

Stay away from this place.

I recommend La Gaffe Hotel on Heath Street to anyone looking for a room in NW3. It is extremely well located, cheaper, they are super friendly, have nice rooms, a normal cancellation policy, breakfast is included and, most of all, they are professional.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
12 Thank Well-travelled-NW3
Warrington, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 9, 2012

I really liked this B&B but the room wasn't big enough to swing a cat! We stayed in Catherine. Having said that it was a lovely little room with elegant and modern decor. The bathroom was TINY. The bed is big and soft and I had a good nights sleep although it was rather hot and we couldn't appear to open the window. It is really hard to fill a kettle from the tap but you can use the glasses provided (a tip from another reviewer!). They provide nice tea and coffee and free bottle water and the pub does really nice food with good service. It's a lovely location as well just round the corner from Hampstead tube. Unfortunately parking is limited and expensive. I would stay here again but only if I could try one of the other rooms.

Room Tip: If you don't mind being 'cosey' try the Catherine but otherwise anything but :)
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Taunton UK
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 29, 2012

we arrived before check in time but were greeted with a "not a problem" kind of attitude, we had a quick drink and the room was made up for us.
We stayed in the smaller of the 3 rooms (without the balcony), the room was of a good standard. The bed, as mentioned in other reviews, was fabulous. there is plenty of tea/coffee etc and also complimentary shower gels/shampoo etc. The decor was good. all in all we had a pleasent nights stay and would return.
The rooms are above a pub, but we were not disturbed by other customers and were free to come and go with keys to the main door. the pub seems to be a friendly local with a good mix of punters. They do food, it looked reasonable but we didnt try any.
It is room only, but there are plenty of cafe nearby for brekki. we tried the Coffee Cup next door but one, it was okay, but not much to shout about.
It is 100m from Hampstead tube (Northern Line) and there are bus stops opposite, so you can get into the centre quickly.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
4 Thank dazzerTauntonUK
Salisbury, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 16, 2012

I stayed here because I was in London for a work conference and this 'hotel' is near a relative. Unfortunately to call this a hotel is inaccurate - it is actually some rooms above the pub, the living space there shared with some more permanent residents. There was very little in the way of welcome, I was shown to the room, given the room key and that was it. I asked, before going in, if there were coffee making facilities in the room and was told 'I don't know' - then the barman left. My main concern was that I was alone - I was not offered a key to enter the premises late or given any number to contact someone should I need anything. the door to the rooms from the public bar was never locked. When I came down in the morning the place was in darkness and despite calling Hello loudly a few times, up and downstairs, no one was about. I initially was unsure how to leave the place, thinking I was locked in - had I wanted to go out for breakfast (it is room only) I could not have got in again. A totally unwelcoming and un-looked after experience. The room was reasonable, bed was comfortable but the basin was so small the only way to fill the kettle was by using the cup to pour water into it, the only electrical socket sported a multisocket on the floor behind the chair and the door, with the brass plate falling off only stayed closed if it was actually locked. The balcony was dirty with old cigarette butts on it. There was no information including safety/contact information or phone in the room - this is very poor value. It is simply a room upstairs. We had previously booked two rooms for later in the year but have now cancelled them.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Travelincomfort5
Manchester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 18, 2012

This was mine and my girlfriends first stay in a hotel/room/B&B in London. Fearing that we'd be ripped off, and receive a less than personal service, we wanted to avoid a hotel. Instead we looked for a nice room, at a good price, and how lucky we were to have discovered this place.

The Boutique Hotel is situated literally three or four minutes from the tube station. When we walked through the door into the pub, we were greeted by a wonderful member of staff who offered us drinks and saw to it that we were shown to our rooms. I know this sounds like not a lot, but that service with a smile is the difference between a nice place and a bad one. We were immediately at home.

As for our room, it was wonderful. Lovely decor, lovely bathroom, and the bed was by far the most comfortable bed I've ever slept on. The room size is also good considering the premium cost of space in England's capital.

At night time you can come back into the pub (which already feels like your home) with a key you are given, so no worries for getting locked out.

If you've got any reservations about staying in a hotel linked to a pub, drop them now and snatch up this room. It's excellent value, and I would definitely stay again. I wish the Kings Boutique Hotel all the luck for the future, you can expect to see us again!

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple