“If I tell you will you promise to keep it a secret”
Review of Osteria dell'Arte

Osteria dell'Arte
Reserve with OpenTable
Osteria dell'Arte is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #4,881 of 23,873 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed February 16, 2013

It's the first day of half term and the kids are bugging the hell out of me and each other already! There's only one thing for it, let's get out of the house and find something to eat.

I'm not sure I should be telling you about Osteria Dell'Arte as it's definitely my local and I would be mightily hacked off if it suddenly becomes super popular and I can't get a table there. As it is, I don't think I've ever booked, not even on a Saturday night, but there's always a table sooner or later.

It's a dying breed in that it's not a chain and it's family run by an endless stream of young Italians. Great for families as you can stick to pizza or pasta, or choose something hand written on the mirror (evenings only) from the selection of dishes of the day.

Today I had Trofie with broccoli and garlic, my lad had pizza crudo with a ton of Parma ham and daughter had gnocchi with a chicken ragu. I can tell you it was rotating plates as we tucked into each others' dishes. All so fresh. All so nothing like the chains doing similar things just a few doors along the high street. There's a real chef making dishes from scratch, not opening packets of sauce to cover the pasta.

Service was a tad laid back, but then again it's authentic Italian.

Please, please, please, don't tell too many people.....

Reviewed February 6, 2013

I came here with friends for a meal on a Wednesday night and there was a buzzing atmosphere. The service was very friendly. The menu was very varied and there was something on there for everyone! Our food was delicious. We werent rushed at all yet were looked after. I will definitely return and would recommend that you book in advance as the restaurant was nearly full on a Wednesday night!

Reviewed January 23, 2013

Its fantastic in here. The service can be a little hit or miss but the food is always spot on. The pizzas are the best thing here - full of flavour and art. They have specials that change often and the prices are very reasonable, as they should be. I'd say a pizza can fill on person and they range in price from £8-13. Wine/Beer of the house about £3.50. All around a decent meal, and better than anything local.

1  Thank Peter D
Reviewed May 23, 2012 via mobile

I was working late and was hungry. I did not expect such a wonderful experience. Brilliant food and exceptional, friendly service. Fulfilled I went back to work knowing I now have another favourite restaurant on the high street

1  Thank PaulAntonioScribe
Reviewed April 21, 2012

If you like Italian food, you will simply LOVE this place! Easy to find along Clapham High Street. A family run 'art' restaurant featuring changing displays by local artists. Open for Breakfast at 10am, closing at 11.30pm after Dinner. Tables can be booked by phone or via their website. My favourite is the Assaggi menu (served from 12-6) - Italian small plates to share or combine. Heavenly home made bread and pizzas, delicate pasta dishes perfectly cooked, with daily specials. Great vegetarian choices marked on the menu. Good wine/aperitifs list. Gorgeous desserts! Very friendly service, lovely atmosphere. We travel from Surrey especially for the privilege of eating there - try it!

1  Thank Bluesky91