“It is really nice.”

Ranked #428 of 1,089 Hotels in London
South England
“It is really nice.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 5, 2008

My brother stayed here recently, so when I was in town, i decided to as well. All i can say is, yes, it is small, yes it i a bit hard to locate from the street and yes, the staff are good. A nice, simple hotel. great location and just plain nice and clean. well done boys!

• Liked — peaceful
  • Disliked — lack of signage outside, makes it hard to find.
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (121)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
London
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 30, 2008

We have stayed here a couple of times in the past. We both like the location and the Hotel. Excellent base for the museums, (out the front door, cross the road and you're there). OK, the Hotel is not enormous, but because of this, the service is much more personal. The Manager, a guy called James is thoroughly charming and his team couldn't do enough for us. The breakfast is simple, no heart clogging English Breakfast, which was great.
The room we had (at the front) was lovely. Admittedly not the biggest room, but spotless and very well maintained. My only issue? The Minibar. Placed in a corner, did someone steal the cabinet it should fit in?
Overall, a great place with a good location and nice staff.

• Liked — Closeness to museums and Kensington Gardens
  • Disliked — Not very well signed, from the sidewalk.
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled as a couple
1 Thank doolally_w7
Cheshire
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 4, 2008

Having stayed at your hotel on 28th May I was hugely disappointed. The rooms dispite looking fabulously spacious on the website, was in my case, not big enough to swing a cat.
I booked through laterooms so I wouldn't have expected the best room but they had a fair amount of availability that night according to reception I would have thought it possible to have a better room. I also requested outdoor space if at all possible but it appears that was not the case.
The wine list is great but to charge about £9 for a glass of Chablis and then to serve it at little under room temperature was far from ideal.
It's such a shame the experience I had doesn't live up to image portrayed on the well thought out website.

• Liked — decor
  • Disliked — room size
  • Stayed May 2008, traveled on business
Estoril
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 7, 2008

London: Fiftyfour Boutique Hotel: "I will not return!"
I have just returned from a Weekend at the fiftyfour boutique hotel.

The hotel propaganda says: (The hotel lies between Knightsbridge and the Royal Borough of Kensington and Chelsea.

Fifty-Four Boutique Hotel is a traditional London town house with its own special qualities. Our guests find a quiet sanctuary from the bustle of London where they can relax in comfort.)

My room (room 20) was cosy and featured a decked terrace...The first impression was magnificent...

The air-conditioning was noisy, and the "modern ensuite bathroom", as they advertise, did not have Hot Water!

Why go back to this Hotel ...

• Liked — The moment I checked out
  • Disliked — No hot water
  • Stayed April 2008, traveled as a couple
London
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 7, 2008

This hotel meets the minimum standards expected in terms of cleanliness etc., however, I do not think it is exceptional enough to be labelled a "boutique hotel."

The good things about the hotel are: great location, clean rooms, helpful conceirge. As I arrived on a very early morning flight and arrived at the hotel around 7am I was allowed to check in to my hotel right away.

Based on the other reviews, I would say that the rooms at Fifty Four probably vary somewhat. I had a single room which was quite small.

• Liked — Good location
  • Disliked — Small rooms
  • Stayed March 2008, traveled solo
Istanbul
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 3, 2008

The hotel has a good location.But it's a small hotel..Clean rooms helpful staff.The lobby is too small and there are only few tables, that's all.The holes also so narrow and it's difficult to pass in holes while someone is coming from ahead.I thought to stay in "The Rembrandt" hotel but it wasn't available.Rembrandt is really great, similar price, great location and it's a real hotel.Not a pension !! like queensgate..

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — Hotel building
  • Stayed September 2006, traveled on business
Warwickshire
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 8, 2007

If you wish to be in the Queen's Gate area of London, this is a charming Hotel I would highly recommend. The double room I stayed was immaculately clean with high ceiling. The air conditionig purred quietly. I had a very comfortable night. The continental buffet style breakfast had a good selection and the large coissant I had tasted fresh and delicious.

I was as usual in a hurry while packing and left my Ipod Nano in the safe. Only when I arrived home late in the afternoon that I noticed I have left it. I immediatley rang the hotel and was told that it was not found but as the room was already occupied, they will search the next day. My husband receive a phone call the following day and was informed that the Ipod was located and handed in. He asked them to post it to us and giving details of our credit card to pay for the postage.

My Ipod is now returned undamaged and I wish to commend 54 Boutique Hotel for its extra help in this matter.

• Liked — Stylish accommodation
  • Disliked — None
  • Stayed October 2007, traveled on business