2,750 results
All reviews garden view bayswater tube station kensington gardens quiet square notting hill bayswater area hyde park rooms are small short walk mini fridge central line restaurants and shops family room would definitely stay here again single room continental breakfast excellent location
Selected filters
Reviewed June 11, 2019

I was traveling by myself and found the London House a wonderful Hotel in every way!
It was a particularly good option for a single woman. It is very attractive, very clean, and the rooms while not large, are all one needs. So close to the Queensway and Bayswater. It is even an easy connection to the Paddington Station express to Heathrow. One block from Kensington Park makes it a perfect location.
A real BONUS was their providing a free cellphone for each room. One could use the phone for all travel apps, maps etc. for traveling around London. And, free phone calls - local and international.
The staff was curtious and very helpful. The Lobby is sinple and clean.
All in all - I highly recommend London House!

Room tip: I imagine al th rooms are as nice as mine. I chose a mini because it was all I needed.
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
1  Thank Cincinnati45202
Reviewed June 9, 2019

We find ourselves in London almost annually for work, and when we go, we like to stay in this area. It's in walking distance from Kensington Gardens and the Portobello Road market, and its proximity to three tube stops (Bayswater and Queensway being the closest) is really nice. We often rent apartments in Kensington Gardens Square but decided to try a hotel this time.

Pros:

--inexpensive
--great location
--comfortable

Cons:

--No garden access
--Missing simple amenities that would make life just a touch nicer, like an iron and ironing board in the rooms.
--The hotel only had one wine opener for the entire hotel. We like to run to Jeroboams and grab a bottle of wine for the room now and then, and the front desk had loaned the wine opener to someone else. When we asked (after hours of waiting) if they could politely request the opener back, they confessed that they didn't take the room number of the person they loaned it to. We went out, bought a wine opener and donated it to the hotel (you're welcome, next travelers. :)), but be warned -- little things like this are an issue here.

The weather was perfect, so we didn't test the heat or AC to comment.

TL;DR, this is a nice, budget friendly place that has all the necessities, but not many of the perks. If you are here on business, do note that our room did not have an iron.

Room tip: Second floor room has a nice garden view
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
Reviewed June 6, 2019 via mobile

Best thing is the neighborhood and proximity to Knotting Hill, Kensington Garden, and two Underground stations. No AC if it’s hot which means that the windows are open at night. Not the quietest area in London and the soundproofing is lacking in the rooms. One night a patron sang opera from 0200-0400, the next night a child cried for an hour, the third night our neighbors noisily enjoyed each other’s carnal fruits, and one morning around 0400 someone seemed to be playing “Portal” by rapidly opening and closing doors on our floor. The breakfast has a decent selection and filling, but the orange juice is basically orange water. The lobby is clean, but the rooms are merely cleanish—some cobwebs from the ceiling lights and the carpet is stained and dingy. The bathrooms are small and the shower is teeny-tiny! My wife booked this based on Rick Steves Book recommendation. I think they may want to reconsider their recommendation.

Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 4, 2019 via mobile

Pros: the room is ok for solo traveller, would be small for 2 pax. I like that there is a hair dryer, and toilettries are complete except toothbrush and toothpaste.
I think the best thing that they have is the free phone with google maps which you can bring when you're out. Its a great help for tourists like me. Its a little slow, but is acceptable..
Receptionists are helpful and nice.
Location is good, near bayswater tube and near nottinghill. There are also a lot of eateries along bayswater.

Cons: elevator + stairs. I dont understand why after taking the elevator, i still have to take some few stairs, and i have to carry my luggages (thats where my luggage handle was broken). There is also a construction behind it, and the view is not nice.

Trip type: Traveled solo
Reviewed June 4, 2019 via mobile

The hotel was in a great location The staff were so friendly and helpful Especially my friend Ruben that who helped me with Send my bag Beautiful clean hotel with a nice European breakfast The girls were great also at the desk 24/7

Trip type: Traveled as a couple