“Little room great for short stay” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of London House Hotel

London House Hotel
Ranked #293 of 1,089 Hotels in London
“Little room great for short stay”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 20, 2014

A great little hotel located in a pleasant, quiet square off a bustling main road with plenty of places to eat, drink and buy souvenirs.
I stayed in a small single room which was big enough just for one night as I was running the London marathon the following day. The room was peaceful albeit being located next to the lift shaft and all I needed for one nights stay. The only bugbear was working out how to fill the kettle as it would not fit in the sink! I fathomed out that you had to fill it with the cup which was a bit of a faff.
The room was also equipped with a fridge which also came in handy.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
3 Thank CJFitch
LHHManager, Manager at London House Hotel, responded to this review, April 23, 2014
I would like to thank you for staying at London House Hotel and for taking your time and writing a review for us. I am glad to read that you found everything that you needed during your short stay with us and I hope that your marathon went very well and that you enjoyed it. We hope to see you again soon! Best wishes.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (345)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Liverpool, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 15, 2014

This was my first visit to this hotel, having stayed in many different types of hotels in London, during my visits and I was not disappointed.

The location is very convenient for everything tube stations, shops, restaurants and has the added bonus of having Kensington Gardens and Hyde Park only minutes away.

My main aim of the trip was to shop in peace without any other family or friends. I walked through the parks to Marble Arch to shopt on Oxford street, which was a lovely start, especially as the weather was beautiful. Much later, I returned via the parks and enjoyed sitting in the sun, watching the world going by, before returning to my hotel. The next day I walked across Kensington Gardens to Kensington High Street, again stopping in the park, on my return to enjoy the surroundings and sunshine.

The roads around the hotel have many useful shops such as Boots, Tesco and Sainsburys, as well as an eclectic selection of restaurants and pubs.

The room I was allocated , 416, was a twin garden view room. It was probably the size of a travel inn,, type room, not huge but not small. It had everything I could need, good wardrobe space, a hairdryer, safe and fridge. The bathroom was clean, with plenty of towels and fab underfloor heating and a powerful shower. When I return i would not bother paying extra for the garden view room as I had to kneel on the bed to see the small view of the gardens.

The staff at the hotel are very helpful and friendly, particularly Leonardo who replaced my fridge, after I reported that it wasn't working, within minutes, for which I was grateful.

I will certainly be returning to this hotel in the future

• Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
2 Thank debsLpool
Thank you very much for your nice and detailed comments about London House Hotel. I am glad to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and that your room chosen worked well for you including all the facilities. I am also happy that our location turned out to be convenient for your needs and expectations. We all wish to welcome you again in our hotel on your next trip to London! Best regards.
Midsomer Norton, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 12, 2014

The hotel itself is on the basic side, but clean and adequate and overall was what I expected. We stayed in a triple room; slightly strange layout with one bed at the foot of the other but again, was fine for a few nights. The double bed felt on the small side and I spent most the first night thinking I was going to fall out but was used to it by the 2nd night! Quietest hotel I think I have stayed in in London (guests aside!) - really liked the area, felt very safe and was close to the tubes. Nice to have Kensington Gardens nearby as well for that morning stroll. Didn't eat in the hotel as there was such a choice all around. Would definitely stay again.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank rhyssmum
Portland, Oregon
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 10, 2014

1. rooms are very clean, bed and pillows are on the softer side, there is a safe, small refrigerator, and hot water kettle in the rooms.

2. the area is safe at night and quiet.

3. If on a budget there are markets close by where you can buy prepackaged food for dinner. If you are a foodie than Hereford road is very close (excellent) also Dunbar indian ( way better than any indian resturant I've been to in boston or los angeles, in fact best indian I've ever had)

4. Close to queensway station and Bayswater station, ALSO BUS 70 which stops at Whitely which goes to the Victoria and albert museum.

5. Free Wifi which works very well even streamed netflix (btw netflix switches over to UK content so was fun to see stuff we cannot see in the US)

6. They have breakfeast but cheaper option is pret a manger which is very close

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
4 Thank chuck l
Thank you very much for your detailed review. I am happy to read that you enjoyed our environment and that we have met your expectations. We all look forward to welcoming you at London House again soon. Best wishes.
Halifax, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2014

I stayed here for a couple of days with work in a double basement room. The room is small but not tiny, there is room to walk around the bed just. Free wifi a clean bathroom and fabulous location 10 mins away from Kensington gardens add to the appeal of it. My only negatives are, I was asked to present a credit card at reception for security.... No mini bar or restaurant so I assume this is to charge anything you may break!! Not the end of the world but annoying when I wasn't told on booking, what if I didn't have one. Other was reception staff didn't acknowledged my presence when I arrived, they were dealing with another customer however it's polite to acknowledge.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank lazytoad2001
Sheffield
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 7, 2014

Great base in Bayswater, 5 mins from Bayswater tube (turn left at the exit, then 2nd left when Whitey's is in front of you, down to the square hotel on RHS number 81)). Bayswater is vibrant & offers many restaurants & is a safe neighbourhood. The hotel is located in a very quiet square. The room's are small we had a twin on the ground floor, but adequate & clean, though chairs would have made all the difference for comfort. There was a tube strike on when we visited, so we walked & used buses. Easy to get around on the bus from Queensway on Bayswater road, and 2 local newsagents providing Oyster top ups. All the pubs in the area sell the same fare as they are owned by a chain Taylor Walker. We went to the Italian opposite Bayswater tube at the side of Tesco which was superb, and reasonably priced. We had a 4 day trip, & would definitely use the London House hotel again. The receptionists are v friendly & efficient, and the lobby is clean & functional. Thoroughly recommended

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Thank you very much for your review. I am glad to read that you were satisfied with your stay in London House Hotel. Thank you for your detailed comments about the location – I am happy to read that you liked it and that it was safe and convenient for you. We hope to see you again soon. Kind regards.
midlands
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 7, 2014

This hotel is in an excellent place for getting into central london by bus or tube. The staff were helpful and friendly The room was very clean and comfortable but not very big, but we did not mind this for a short stay when we were out most of the time. The price was very reasonable for what we have found in London. There are many places to eat nearby and a large variety. I would use this hotel again and perhaps contact them directly to book.

Room Tip: We had a garden room which looked out over the garden and trees at the front which was good.