London House Hotel
$194
$136
Doubletree
  • Restaurant
Strand Palace Hotel(London)(Great Value!)
$190
$345
Rhodes Hotel(London)(Great Value!)
$87
Agoda.com
Park Grand London Kensington(London)(Great Value!)
$119
$105
The Tower(London)(Great Value!)
$198
$96
Travelocity
2,429 results
All reviewsbayswater tube stationgarden viewkensington gardensquiet squarenotting hillhyde parkbayswater arearooms are smallsmall fridgeshort walkcircle linerestaurants and shopsfamily roomwould stay here againbasement roomsingle roomexcellent location
FilterAll languages
Reviewed March 24, 2013 via mobile

This hotel may possibly have the smallest guest rooms in the world. The rooms are so small that the bed which they call a twin is not a true twin. It's actually a narrow twin. It's so narrow, I couldn't turn over in it without falling out. Granted they tell you that the room is going to be small, but you really can't imagine how small it is.

I asked for a quiet room when I booked, and so they put me right next to the elevator. After seeing the room location, I asked to be moved and they showed me another room that was so small, you couldn't open your luggage and the door to the room at the same time. So I stuck with the original which was the bigger of the two. All night I heard the sound of footsteps over my head, and after several hours, I finally realized the strange sound was coming from the elevator as it passed up and down between floors. Between clinging to the wall to avoid falling out of the bed and hearing the elevator, which sounded like people stomping around overhead, it was a very sleepless night. I was too tired to enjoy London the next day.

When I spoke to the front desk the next day, the staff person was not particularly friendly, and they didn't care about the noise.

The only bright spot was the location close to Paddington which easily gets you on the Heathrow express train to the airport. It is also close to alot of good things to see and do and great restaurants.

The room was clean and the bathroom was useable. With the exception of the noise, I got what I paid for, but I wished I had paid more to stay somewhere else.

• Stayed: April 2012
LHHManager, Manager at London House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 26, 2013

Thank you for taking your time to right your review.
We have several rooms categories which are offered at different rates according to their size and value. you have chose to booked the cheapest room type we have which is small single room and exactly as the room name it is a small room. This room offer great value for money and is suitable for short stay. I am sorry you were not happy with your stay in this room type. As I wrote we have different room type and one can upgrade to to a double room which is larger.
i am sorry again we did not meet your expectations.

Reviewed March 15, 2013

This hotel is really nice; the staff is friendly, respectful, polite and very professional. I really enjoyed my stay here. Even though the rooms are small, they are very comfortable; I would say that rates are affordable comparing to British standards. Breakfast is very good: a variety of hot drinks, the orange juice was very tasty, a great amount of options for tea, and the breakfast room was really tidy, cozy and neat.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank Roberto R
Reviewed March 12, 2013

I stayed in this hotel during the London Olympics and I have to say its great across all counts. The rooms was roomy, and the television had alot of channels. The staff was nice, even when I went to the counter at 2am, still very friendly at that time.

The value is pretty good, spend about $600 australian dollars for five nights there. The location is great, alot of places to eat around, as well as the subway, movie theatres and a pharmacy (drug store as they call it)

I recommend to stay at this place, and the area Paddington is great, your not on the outskirts of London.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed March 11, 2013

The London House Hotel is absolutely the BEST solution for anybody trying to enjoy London at affordable prices. The rooms are lovely since the last renovation, the staff is incredibly kind, and the best of it all, the location. The hotel is perfectly located near the Queensway and the Bayswater tube stations, so you have two different stations near, where three different tube lines run. The neighbourhood is excellent, there are restaurants and fast food places open till midnight.

Breakfast is very very good, there's Wi Fi in the whole building, TVs in every room... you really have everything you need.
This was our second stay in the London House and we really want a third visit!

Room Tip: Both of our stays were on rooms facing the back street. We didn't hear a fly and slept like babies.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank EnriqueCardozo
LHHManager, Manager at London House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 12, 2013

I read you review with great pleasure.
So happy we managed to give you great experience.
Hope to see you here again soon

Reviewed March 11, 2013

This hotel is in a very nice neighborhood in Bayswater with lovely homes and parks surrounding it. The beds are comfortable, nice luxury towels, even the bathroom floors are heated! Hotel is also very stylishly decorated. Would stay again for sure.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank rachel k

Thank for your great review.
I am glad you have enjoyed the new underfloor heating in the bathroom.
We are working on adding the underfloor heating in all bathroom so everyone can enjoy them when it gets cold out there.
Hope to see you here again soon.