“Back at London House Hotel”
Review of London House Hotel

London House Hotel
Ranked #311 of 1,072 Hotels in London
Reviewed March 11, 2013

As I found it comfortable in summer -12, I had reason to go back there February -13...
Finding it as clean and well cared for as last summer, I were happy to find it even had come further in the refurbishing: the entrance and lounge now was all settled, looking very nice. WiFi function everywhere and excellent! Extra service as room cleaned at the "wrong" time, made without comments, and with a smile. Still it's of course very narrow space, and I did not try the breakfast, but again: you're in London, you don't need so much space, and you can eat whatever you want nearby! Definitely worth the pounds!!!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Charlotte K
LHHManager, Manager at London House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 12, 2013

thank you for writing your review and thank you for choosing to stay again at London House Hotel.
i am glad to read you like and appreciated all the upgrade we have done to the facilities and the internet service.
Hope to see you here again soon

There are newer reviews for London House Hotel

Reviewed March 10, 2013

We recently stayed in this hotel for 4 nights and couldn't have been happier with our stay. The reception area and room looked identical to the photos on the website and were very clean. We stayed in a double garden view room on the first floor overlooking Kensington square gardens which was lovely. The fact that the room even had a mini fridge made our stay even better and more affordable than eating out for every meal. While the room was small I see no reason why anyone would need a bigger room for any stay, especially for such a reasonable price for London. The location was also ideal for access to all London attractions being incredibly close to circle, district and central lines. There are also many restaurants shops within a five minute walk. In the past I have normally stayed in more mainstream and well known hotel chains but this hotel surpassed all expectations and was much better. I would have absolutely no trouble in recommending this hotel to anyone wanting an excellent hotel for a good price. I have only not rated the breakfast room as we didn't need to use it.

Room Tip: Would recommend paying for garden view room as rooms on the other side would only have a view of clo...
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank M_tr_ip_ad_13

Thank you for your fantastic review.
Very happy to read that we have "surpassed all expectations and was much better" as you wrote.
Thank you for recommending us and hope to see you here again.

Reviewed March 6, 2013

I was first a little skeptical about this hotel at first, but then I decided to book it and I am very glad that I did! Traveling to London, at least once a month, on business, the hotel made my stay very relaxing and stress free.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank HONdominik
LHHManager, Manager at London House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 8, 2013

Thank you very much for writing your review.
i am very happy we exceeded you initial expectation and we hope we will be able to offer you the same stress free enjoyable stay in the future.

Reviewed March 5, 2013

We stayed at the hotel for two nights and could not have made a better choice! The hotel is newly renovated. The entrance and the reception are beautiful. The staff is welcoming and helpful. We stayed in two double rooms with garden view, and both were excellent!. Nice looking, very clean, with comfortable beds and nice bathrooms. The location is very good, only three minutes walk to the tube.
Charming neighbourhood! We highly recommend the hotel, and would love to stay there again!!

Room Tip: Double room with garden view was a really good choice! Loved it!
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Kjersti64

Thank you for taking the time to write your review .
We work hard to try and give our guest a good experience and it make us very happy to know we have managed to achieve it.
we hope to see you here again in the future.

Reviewed February 27, 2013

Spent 5 nights in this hotel, Perfect location close to the bayswater tube stop, perfect room with wifi however a tad on the small side but when your only sleeping its perfect, had a comfy bed, great shower and safe :) Great place and would recommend for any couple! Only downside was the limited knowledge of England Nightclubs and cheap local restaurants.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Emilie P

Thank you for writing your review about London House Hotel.
I am glad you have enjoyed your stay here.
i am sorry we didn't have all the information you needed about night clubs but i am sure the
free WI FI we offer was great help for searching this information on the internet .
Thank you again and we hope to see you here again.

Reviewed February 26, 2013

My wife and I stayed at London house hotel on for two nights for my birthday. It's an older hotel with an modernized look. The was small but that's how it normally is for hotels in Europe. Other than that the room was nice. It had a mini fridge, wardrobe and a desk. The bathroom was nice but at times cold due to the fact that we came in February and there isn't a heater in the bathroom. The staff were very friendly and we could purchase hop on hop out tickets at the counter. They have a shuttle service to get you back to the airport. There was free WiFi and a breakfast buffet. The buffet was great but not too elaborate. They had cereal yogurt,ham boil eggs bread pastries, fruit, tea coffee, or orange juice, water etc. For 7 pounds per person. We enjoyed it. There are shops that sell breakfast food cheaper down the block. Queensway and Bayswater tube station are just a few minute walk. This is a nice place to sleep but not for a honeymoon. If you are going to be out most of the time and you just need a place to stay,this is it. If you plan doing the opposite then keep looking. Rooms were relatively quiet as well. Would go again.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with cheaprooms.com
1  Thank profmcclintock

Thank you for taking the time to write your detailed review.
I am very happy to read you have enjoyed your stay here.
I am sorry you felt it was cold in the bathroom but the good news is we are now improving and upgrading the bathrooms and adding underfloor heating in all rooms. We already have 2 floors
ready with the the floor heating in bathroom and i am sure some of our guest enjoy it already.
so if you book again next winter you will be able to enjoy this upgrade yourself.
I Hope to see you here again.

Reviewed February 23, 2013

I chose this hotel, in Bayswater, because the price seemed as reasonable as anything I found for the amenities included. It was convenient to public transportation for sight-seeing. There were also lots of shops and restaurants in the neighborhood. The staff was friendly and attentive. It was a pleasant surprise to have the housekeeper knock on my door shortly after check-in to ask if I needed anything, so I got some extra hangers. The room was small but really had everything I needed, including free WiFi. Yes, the vanity ledge was narrow, but it held my computer. I would have liked a chair with a back instead of a stool. I thought the number and location of electric outlets was adequate.It was convenient to have a mini refrigerator so I could buy food from the local groceries, an in-room safe to lock up my passport and computer while I was out, and a hot pot so I could have hot tea when I got in after a cold day. The bed was very comfortable once I got an extra pillow. The room was also quiet. When I needed to have something printed out, the staff just had me email it to them and they printed it at the desk. The breakfast was fine. I opted for it twice. It was a little more extensive than I expect for a continental buffet. The espresso machine was a nice touch.
The only criticisms I have are first, the description said there was a coin laundry for guests, but when I found it, it was being used for the hotel laundry. Desk staff directed me to a laundry in the neighborhood, but I made do washing things out in the rather small sink. And there were guys working right outside my window at 8:30 every morning–and I was on the top floor! They didn’t wake me, as I was up long before, but I had to keep my shade drawn for privacy. The staff just said they were sorry, but a warning would have been nice!
If I come back to London, I will consider staying here again.

Room Tip: Ask about work going on outside.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo