“London Cool at its very Best!”
Review of Home House

Home House
Ranked #444 of 1,072 Hotels in London
Reviewed November 11, 2013

I was staying as a guest of a Home House member. I loved it. Every bedroom is very different - fun and quirky! Glass of Champagne on arrival - nice touch and very welcome. Staff really friendly and helpful.
Loved the fact that each of the houses (there are three making the one club/hotel) is so different - ranging from relaxed lounges to cool bars.
Really recommend it for a unique London experience.

Room Tip: If you are on a weekend and don't like to party late - mention it to be in a quiet room.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank unroyal71
There are newer reviews for Home House

Reviewed October 11, 2013

A members only club, this place is a very beautiful group of houses with a fascinating history. Fantastic architecture, great service and a lovely atmosphere makes it worth a visit if you can get in. Will definitely come back again.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank SharkyAl
Reviewed October 6, 2013

A beautiful place to be, particularly in the Summer in the garden. Lots of events happening here and the atmosphere is buzzing. The service is friendly and the amount of facilities, functions and entertainment available to members is impressive. The food menu in the garden could do with more options, it is very limited for vegetarians. Apart from that it is a lovely place to visit.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank CW698WorldTraveller
Reviewed October 4, 2013

The company I work for had a relaunch party here the other day and the place was breathtaking.
I still can't believe how big the place is!
They had hired a room with all the food/drinks included for the night. The service, food and drink was all of very high quality - the bar staff were very friendly and the amount of food that was brought out was very good indeed.
As this place has smaller rooms, it really does make the atmosphere that bit more special when you're holding an event - would definitely recommend x

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank Cheryl T
Reviewed September 4, 2013

Thank you to all the staff for making our stay so relaxing and wonderful. The food is Devine with such a vast menu choice. Our room was huge and made up to our every request. Thank you all and looking forward to our next stay. Julia

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Julia R
Reviewed September 4, 2013

I should preface this by noting that I am actually a member of the Club, so take my advice with whatever pinch of salt you feel appropriate. Recently stayed in the Sir Francis Goldschmitt suite for 3 nights whilst in London on business. Pros when staying here include the fact that the rooms are sumptuous, and given the prices, excellent value for money, as well as the fact that obviously you have access to all the facilities of the club. Cons for this particular room include that it is in "The Mews", on the other side of the garden, which is a little awkward to get to when everybody is outside drinking or, indeed, when the Garden is closed at 21:00. The room was by the kitchen quarters, which wasn't particularly elegant, and because the place is primarily a club, it was fairly dead in the morning, unlike a more conventional hotel which has places to eat etc.

All in all though, a fantastic venue, and definitely a great choice for a few days on business - but do take mind as to which room you book.

Room Tip: Book a room in one of the main houses - avoid the rooms out in the Mews.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
3  Thank Wandering_Saffa
Reviewed August 13, 2013

I have spent a lot of time at Home House due to a very close friend being a member. Consequently I have spent a lot of money there, not only eating, drinking and attending special events but also staying in the various beautiful rooms. Unfortunately on each and every occasion I have come away feeling a little subjugated and I am not on my own in thinking that having spoken to other members. The service is appalling. If you stand in the garden during the summer you can listen to quite a few different groups of people arguing with staff and having to re-order drinks but I'm a sucker for history and the building kept luring me back.

The final straw came for us when we spent a small fortune there for my husband's birthday party, hiring rooms, florists, DJ etc. We entrusted an large antique portrait in their hands for few hours before we presented it in the evening. They had somehow dropped the frame and broken it and without dragging Trip Advisor readers through the whole sorry mess of events, the manager agreed to fix the portrait and then a week later we received an email from Anita, our event manager, threatening us that if we didn't remove the frame from their premises they would 'dispose' of it and that they would not admit responsibility.

We have spent £££££'s over the last couple of years with them within our friend group. For the sake of a couple of hundred quid they have lost a few members and our ongoing business. This unfortunately represents their attitude as a whole and I haven't spoken to anyone since who has a good word to say about the venue. In actual fact even before this catastrophe I had received many negative comments from people about the customer service but I chose to ignore them. More fool me.

I am very saddened that such a beautiful property has landed in such greedy, impervious hands. Please avoid.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends