“Budget hotel”
Review of Holly House Hotel

Holly House Hotel
Ranked #932 of 1,069 Hotels in London

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (85)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
  • Finnish first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Munich
Reviewed July 17, 2014

+breakfast included (it´s only toast and coffe/tea)
+++location (really close to buckingham palace and victoria station)
-not clean
-in need of renovation
-unfriendly staff (they seemed annoyed by any customer)

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple

Oslo, Norway
Reviewed July 16, 2014

I traveled through eastern Europe staying in hostels, but I could never have imagined a worse place to sleep than at Holly House. I registered my account to write this review. Holly House Hotel is the worst hotel I have ever stayed at.

The location is more than alright, though, a 5 minute walk from Victoria station. And there's a brilliant pub on the street corner.

Service, on the other hand, is really crappy. I stayed here with my girlfriend and one of our friends, having ordered and confirmed two separate rooms. On our way to the airport to go to London, they called us to change our reservation for us to share a 3-bed room instead, as our rooms suddenly were unavailable for our first night. The next day hotel staff woke me after a short night's sleep, to let me know that we had to change rooms immediately. My girlfriend was out for a morning run at the time, but there was no leeway.

Having packed our stuff in a hurry, the receptionist would then tell me that our new room wasn't ready. When my girlfriend came back from her run, we had been checked out of our old room, and she was so lucky as to be able to sneak into a shared bathroom to have a shower.

If you'd like to have the included "breakfast", you will probably have to wait in line, because the dining room is too small to accomodate both you and your neighbour. If you after your wait are so lucky to get a table, they will clean your breakfast plate from your table while you're still eating, even if you spent 15 minutes waiting to eat it.

The rooms themselves are decent enough, keeping the low prices in mind. Exactly the size you'd expect for your money's worth, but clean enough.

If you can spend another pound a night, avoid staying here.
If you can live just a little longer away from the station, avoid staying here.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple

Travelers are raving about these London hotels

Budapest, Hungary
Reviewed July 7, 2014

The hostel was OK, maybe the breakfast could be better, not always toast+jam+cereal, maybe with some meat or sausage. And the coffee. I thought normal coffee will be served, not instant coffee
But besides these things, it was a nice and cheap place, placed in the city centry, near to Victoria station.

Room Tip: there is no tip from me
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends

Ceredigion, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 7, 2014

It's hard to see how you could find better value in London. Situated by Victoria Station in a quiet street, clean beds, hot showers and breakfast. I found everything I needed for an overnight stay and will be coming here again!

Room Tip: My room was at the back by the railway track. It didn't disturb me as I'm used to trains but...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled solo

1 Thank Karen W
San Diego, California
Reviewed June 27, 2014

Do NOT stay here!!! From the moment we checked in, the Holly House Hotel was absolutely awful! The staff was very unfriendly, our room was next to the train tracks (very loud), there was industrial light pouring through our room all night (even the window shade could not block out the light) and the room was so hot (no fan). When we asked for assistance the staff acted as though they could care less and did not help at all. We checked out early AND we're still waiting for our refund! Big ripoff!!!

Room Tip: Choose the Comfort Inn up the street.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends