“Awful people”
Review of Holly House Hotel

Holly House Hotel
Ranked #926 of 1,077 Hotels in London
Reviewed January 8, 2014 via mobile

Room was ok, but 1. Didn't reply to email 2. WiFi didn't work 3. Shower was cold 4. Refused to serve even a cup of tea at 9.02 because I was technically too late for breakfast. Won't be staying again. There are plenty of other good value hotels in central London where the service is much better.

Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank llinos j
Write a ReviewReviews (1,020)

Reviewed January 8, 2014

Fantastic Location, 5 minutes from Victoria Coach and Train Station. Everything else is absolutely terrible: small rooms, like a hostel, basic breakfast, and NOISE NOISE NOISE from the passing trains every single minute. Go there only if the location is the most important thing in your trip, and you wish to spend no more than 5-6 sleeping hours, like I did.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank Muhammad M
Reviewed January 7, 2014 via mobile

I stayed here for two nights and it wasn't that bad. It's real close to Victoria station and you can hear and feel the trains going past. My room had everything you would expect. Bed, kettle, tv and mine even had an ensuite. This was good as my booking said it didn't. I didn't like the fact a guy knocked on the door for room cleaning at 9.00. I wanted a lie in. :). The breakfast could have been longer because 7-9 on a weekend is a bit early. I would stay here again if I was in the area.

Stayed: January 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank Gromitcatcher
Reviewed January 4, 2014

We chose this hotel as it is cheap for the Victoria area and not only did we arrive at Victoria bus station we left at the train station - it was perfectly placed as a one night stop over for us on our way to Egypt. We only paid £50 for one night, and although that is a lot to a young couple, it's not a lot in London and it's worth it if all you want is a quick stop over.

We had a tiny bedroom with two little beds that were clean but not comfortable, and although our room was clean it was very dated and dingy, as was the whole building we were staying in. There was a roll of carpet in the hall, for example (maybe it was getting done up!). We had to share a toilet with whoever else was staying, which was down two sets of steps. The shower was tiny and dark and the general air of the place was very tired and dusty.

Breakfast was fine; average continental which is just cereal and toast really. We had somebody to serve us and they were perfectly pleasant. We really only chose this hotel for the brilliant convenience to us and our travel needs.

It served our purpose as a stop over, but I would never recommend anyone staying for any other reason.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank HappyVampire3
Reviewed January 1, 2014

I've always believed in life you get what you pay for and with this hotel you really do .... We paid £100 on NYE for a family room (my partner ,son and myself ) and couldn't have really asked for more the hotel room was clean and had basic facility's it was within walking distance of most central London attractions and the breakfast was all you need (tea/coffee and toast ) would happily stop here again and will be doing next time I visit the capital

• Stayed: December 2013
Reviewed December 16, 2013

I have travelled ALOT, and never been to a hotel this bad in my life!
I will write a full review when I have access to my laptop but if I can post this now and stop 1 person from staying here then I've done my job. Excellent location, terrible hotel.

• Stayed: December 2013
3  Thank Scareahh
Reviewed November 27, 2013

I have to be blatantly honest and say you do get what you pay for! This is definately more like a hostal than a hotel/B&B! Confused over the changing of locations too! Checked in at the Holly House and was then moved to the Cedar Lodge! It is however just round the corner from Victoria Train Station, so good location. The triple room was OK with 1X Double Bed and 1X Single Bed for the 3 of us. We did have Tea & Coffee facilities plus a fridge which was appreciated, and it was clean. Shame about the inconsideration of other guests who have never learnt to close a door quietly or keep their voices down early in the morning or late at night! Also didn't appreciate a member of staff hammering on the door at 09.15am shouting 'Check out' when the checkout time was 10am! We didn't attempt to have breakfast as I couldn't be bothered to fight other guests for cereal and toast! All in all for what we paid it was OK but I certainly wouldn't stay here again I'm afraid.

Room Tip: I can honestly say I don't think there are any good rooms, sorry.