“Great staff, comfortable room for the price”
Review of Fairway Hotel

Fairway Hotel
Ranked #88 of 571 London B&B and Inns
Reviewed February 28, 2013

We stay at Fairway hotel for one night (we were in London only for the week-end), and we had a great time there. It's location is very convenient, and it is a typical Victorian house. The staff were very friendly, and gave us good informations to visit London. If I return in London, I will stay there another time. Best regards to the Staff and especially to Tara.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Marie_Line_L_13805

Reviewed February 28, 2013

I was in this hotel for 3 weeks in single room with bathroom. Indeed bedroom was small, but I had everything what I needed (TV, table, big wardrobe, kettle, glasses, tea etc). What is more, the room was cosy and organized with good taste. The same was with bathroom, small but with every needed things. What is more, both room and bathroom was carefully cleaned every day. the service was very very friendly, both in reception and in dining room. Breakfast was really tasty and hearty. Hotel is also situated in centre of city, close to underground and railway station so it is really easy to go to every place in whole London and also to airports. It was also important for me that I had only few minutes walk to British Library. I recall my visit in this hotel with great delight and if I ever visit London again I will definitely stay in Fairway :)

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Dorota D
Reviewed February 28, 2013

Visited UK 2 times and booked twice @ Fairway Hotel. The service is amazing and rooms are well kept and very clean. Advised hotel to many maltese and if i will come back will surely re-book.
Thanks & Regards
Natalie Camenzuli & Family Mifsud Malta

Room Tip: I used both a double room and a family room
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Natalie C
Reviewed February 27, 2013

I booked 2 ensuite twins (2 twin beds in each room with a bathroom in each room.) for a stay in April 2012. This hotel was just what we were looking for! We came in on the train from Paris on the train, arriving at St Pancreas station. I was travelling with my mother-in-law and my 8 and 13 year old daughters. The rooms were clean and comfortable. The staff was delightful and friendly. The full English breakfast was delicious. AND the price was unbelievable. Very affordable. I was totally satisfied with our experence there, and will certainly stay there again next time we're in London. Our rooms were on the 2nd floor and we didn't notice any train or traffice noise. The side street across from Kings Cross station felt very safe. We were able to leave our luggage with the desk staff untilo our rooms were ready, and again the next day after we checked out and spent the day sightseeing before heading out on the train. I highly recommend this for anyone in London who is looking for a cute, boutique hotel and doesn't need all the high-priced amenities that no one ever uses anyway. Very conveniently located for people coming in on either Kings Cross or St Pancreas stations. Easy to get to on foot from either station. You can get to anywhere from this location.

Room Tip: basement rooms are very small and you may get some noise from the trains. We were on the 2nd floor a...
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed February 27, 2013

I have been at Fairway Hotel for a week with my husband and mother-in-law and despite the size of the bedrooms (really small), we have had a really nice stay. Great location, fair price, really clean and, most important of all, all the employees were very helpful and careful while we were trapped in london for another week because of the big snow back in December 2010. We had no reservations for the extra time, but they fastly provided a solution for us. I definitely recommend it.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed February 19, 2013

I shared a twin room with my daughter for 2 nights in one of the smallest basement rooms with an ensuite (3x4m) - which included the ensuite!. The ensuite was only 80cm wide. For small-built Asian travelers, it's very comfortable. Note that there is no space to place your suitcases on the floor. Nevertheless the price and location is great. The staff are very helpful and friendly and were conscientious in keeping the rooms clean. We enjoyed our full English breakfasts. Overall good value and will stay again.

Room Tip: Staircases are narrow and there are no elevators or bellhop service, hence large suitcases are extre...
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
GanpatMalta, Manager at Fairway Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 19, 2013

Thanks for the review and the lovely comments . We try to make everyone 's stay as comfortable as possible with the limitations of a Victorian house. Regards from all the staff .

Reviewed February 14, 2013

The hotel was perfect for our purpose which was to be close to St Pancras to catch a morning Eurostar. It is only a few minutes walk. Clean, inexpensive rooms and a decent English breakfast provided. Our room was slightly cramped but fine for a short stay. Comfortable bed and a reasonable shower/bathroom.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
GanpatMalta, Manager at Fairway Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 16, 2013

Thanks for the review . Appreciate your feedback and look forward to your next visit .