“Great french food at very reasonable prices”
Review of La Petite Auberge

La Petite Auberge
Reserve with OpenTable
La Petite Auberge is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #616 of 23,571 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: European, French
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed March 29, 2014

We had a great meal at La Petit Auberge. The prices are remarkably affordable for London, with a range of items on the menu to suit different tastes and budgets. The fixed menu also had a very good selection for a great price. We ended up opting for the Filet Mignon w/ bacon and gratin potato, which was delicious and only 15 pounds. We also had good wine and the atmosphere was pleasant, the staff efficient. Will be returning many times I think as we live close to the area...

Reviewed March 25, 2014

This is an out of the way place for most tourists, but don't let that stop you. The prix fixe lunch is impossible to beat for value and content. I had country style pate, followed by steamed mussels in wine sauce, and a tasty crepe! All for a little less than 11 pounds. This is amazing when you consider it is London. The service and ambiance are more than acceptable, and the house wines are quite nice.

1  Thank StephenNorthernNV
Reviewed March 23, 2014

I love the ambience and deco of this place, it was very cosy. However on the arrival despite having booked a table already, we were made to wait in the bar for 15 mins in order for a table to be freed as they were so busy! But the waiter and the host was so lovely and was very accommodating towards my dietary requirement (I'm gluten and dairy intolerant, so they made this delicious olive oil herby sauce for my mains). The food were lovely and the seafood was very fresh, we both enjoyed our starters (mussels, soup) and mains (salmon fillet & baked seabass) but was too full to enjoy any dessert on the menu. I'd recommend this place to others, but booking is essential on such a busy night like Saturday evening!

Reviewed March 21, 2014

How this place has changed! And for the better on the whole. They have knocked-through and effectively doubled the size of the place. I've never known the place to be buzzing like this. Before it was a gentle subdued haven - it is a shame to lose that, but the new format works, and hopefully they will be very successful with it. Most importantly the quality of the cooking hasn't changed - fabulous lamb shank & tarte tatin. Upper Street was obviously ready for an honest to goodness brasserie, & now it has discovered that it's there. All fabulous - BUT why oh why oh why is no evening deemed complete without a bass thumping in the background. That's new &... completely superfluous!!!! What a shame!

Reviewed March 20, 2014

What a lovely restaurant, it is a hidden gem in Islington. I have been here couple of times and never disappointed with the service nor food. I have realized that they have just extended, refurbished and add creperie section the restaurant, it looks amazing, cosy and very welcoming, my humble opinion is it became best restaurant in upper street. To complement the varied menu they have daily specials which always worth a look. Highly recommended and will be back soon.