“not same what 1,5 years ago”
Review of Enrico Hotel

Enrico Hotel
Ranked #917 of 1,077 Hotels in London
Reviewed October 3, 2013

It was the second time to stay there.
+ lovely very lovely staff
+ location great from Victoria station
+ cleanliness - new towels evryday
+ toiletroom and bathroom had fresh smell
-breakfast (no orange juice - i dont drink a milk. i had my cornflakes with cofee), last time thet had egg and becon, beens, now just ham, beens, cheese.
-wifi only in breakfastroom

Room Tip: they have lots of steirs, if you are wrong side of 50 then is not good to have room in 4 floor
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Signe S

Reviewed September 25, 2013

First and foremost, I have an issue with this being called a hotel. A hostel would be more appropriate.

The location itself is just about the only decent thing about it.. situated 10 mins walk from Victoria Station means it is convenient, and I guess that is why they charge £80 a night for this dump.

Firstly, I booked a twin room and was told on arrival that they could only offer me a double room. Not an ideal start.

Next was the room itself. In a maze of creaky stairwells and ancient decor, it resembled something of the Scooby Doo cartoons. Anyway, we found the room.

A box room that Harry Potter would have been disgusted with, it barely fitted its bed in, let alone its tiny tv in the corner. We were advised that there was a shared bathroom. We weren't told that it was 2 floors away on the other side of the "hotel". We decided the just get to sleep and enjoy the full english that was booked for the morning. After all, a full english is a full english, right?

Unfortunately not. Waking up early, I tried to maintain a positive attitude, so made the trek for a shower and got changed. We went downstairs for breakfast and were served a plate with beans, 2 slices of that value ham you get from Tescos, and a slice of the plastic cheese that they serve in hamburgers.

I advised the girl that we had booked in for a full english, to which she looked bemused and told us that it was the full english. Accompanying this delight was a small mouthful of orange juice. I drank this and asked for a refill, The kind lady, who's english was as good as my swahili, told me that it would cost me 50p for a refill.

At this point I gave up, went upstairs and packed, went back to reception and asked them to hold my luggage for a few hours until I retured. Another charge, £1 this time, but I just paid and got out as soon as possible.

I cannot rate this hotel low enough. The only plus side was that we only stayed one night and it was a convenience stop rather than any sort of getaway. Had I taken a girlfriend here, I would have fully expected a messy breakup following that night's stay.

Please avoid. Unless you work for Trading Standards, then by all means, fill your boots.

Room Tip: Rooms that are not situated in this hotel are great.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
5  Thank MattSwansea
Reviewed September 16, 2013

We stayed at the Enrico for one night last week and I have to say I was very disappointed. The location was great - 10 mins from Victoria Coach Station 5 from Victoria tube station, but that's where the positives end unfortunately. I paid £80 for one night in a double en-suite, which was terrible value for what you actually recieved. We checked in at 7.20pm where I was actually looked up and down by an extremely rude member of staff (I had commited the absolutely heinious crime of wearing shorts after travelling from Rome) before I was asked where we had been, because she thought we weren't coming: this is despite the reception being advertised as 24 hours on the company website. Not a good start. As I was signing paperwork and arranging room keys, I noticed that the breakfast menu was dispalyed. I was astonished to see that although the continental breakfast was quite traditional - toast, cereal and tea - the COOKED breakfast option was ham, cheese and beans!!! I may never be invited to take part in Masterchef, nor pretend to be an established cook, but no way could you describe heating a tin of beans as cooking! Needless to say, we decided to forego breakfast in the morning. So, we finally got to our room. I am by no means a snob and have stayed in some pretty appalling hotels in the past quite happily, but for 80 quid I was at least expecting the staff to be polite and the hall carpets not to be dirty and threadbare. The room was really basic, which I expected, with a lovely view of a derelict yard. The upside was that the room itself was pretty clean and the bed comfy, but this was the only good bit. The grouting in the bathroom was very random (should've taken a photo but forgot) and the bathroom also smelt of burnt turnips, which was nice. A notice on the back of the door advised us that for security reasons, we should leave our room key in the back of the locked door at all times. That didn't exactly inspire confidence either! We were in Room 220 which was right next to a brekafast prep room and was incredibly loud early in the morning, so that wasn't pleasant. We definitely won't be back as there are nicer and cheaper hotels around the corner on Belgrave Road, even closer to the stations, shops & pubs. The Enrico was terrible value.

Room Tip: 220 is very noisy in the morning - avoid it!
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank angellea69
Reviewed August 27, 2013

The location was about a 8-10 minute walk to Victoria tube and a couple theater houses (Billy Elliot and Wicked). around the corner from the Enrico is a takeaway KFC for late night grub along with a few bar/restaurants.

staff was very friendly and helpful and wifi was available in the dining area free of charge.

i have such a hard time understanding why people moan about the size of rooms and dirtiness. yes our room was small but compared to what? Our huge master room at home? its the Enrico not the Clairridge. The room was fine, enough for sleeping since guess what people..... you are in London, go out and see it!! we had a shared bathroom which yes is always an inconvenience but if i wanted convenience i would have booked the Marriot.

Breakfast was toast, baked beans, a kraft single slice (2( more free if your a nice person)) and some bacon.... it was just enough to kick start the day and save some money until lunch.

Me and my girlfriend felt safe as the doors were always locked and they have security cameras in the front.

conclusion: GREAT for young couples/solo or people who aren't used to pampered hotels.... it is a great place to keep your bags and sleep. Some travelers just aren't made for this kind of traveling

stayed Sept. 2012 (sorry for late review, just got into this stuff)

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 23, 2013

This place sure is nasty! Shouldn't be be listed as b & b. Beds had clean sheets, everything else was foul and dirty. Breakfast disgusting- tinned beans, packet ham, cheese slices. Tea pre-milked, I was refused orange juice as I had tea. Total rip off and staff disinterested. Never again

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
2  Thank Jillian R
Reviewed July 18, 2013

We stayed at Enrico's some time ago, back in 2007 for my 22nd birthday and although the hotel accommodation was paid for in good faith by my family we had no idea what we were getting ourselves into!

The location itself was fine and the staff were always friendly and helpful. What let it down were the following:

The room - we had a very small room and the bathroom, although was en suite, was simply a water cabin. There was only room for one person to be in the bathroom at one time.

The food service - we had a menu supplied in our room which gave us numbers to call for food delivery. We ordered a pizza thinking the people in the canteens were going to make it and send it up to our room. Not so! We had to call a local pizza delivery place who would send it out to us and we paid the person who delivered it. Whether this has now changed we're not sure.

The evening entertainment - We were unfortunately disturbed during the night from a couple next door "going at it". And this went on more than once that same night!

The full breakfast - half a glass of orange juice, one egg, one sausage, a small portion of beans and one rasher of bacon. We dreaded to think what the half breakfast consisted of!

Definitely memorable but not a place we're thinking of going back to any time soon. Sorry! x

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 17, 2013

We stayed in a room with shared bathroom on the third floor.

Pros: The location is really good.
Its price was the cheapest in the area.
The staff was nice, the breakfast was suprisingly good.

Cons.:
Wifi works only on the groud floor.
I don't say that the place is dirty because it is not true, however it is not spotlessly clean neighter.
We could not sleep because of two reasons:
1. The bed was really uncomfortable. The matress was worn.
2. The room (no, not the people) was noisy. Every step we or our neighbours did we could hear because floor was not well-maintained. There was an odd smell in the room.
The whole place is worn out. The sad thing is the hotel could be really good, it only needs a handyman who can fix small things or paint the doors, change the matrasses etc.
Do not expect more than you pay. It is suitable for only short stays.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple