“Nice apartment for a great price”
Review of Dalmacia Hotel

and 1 more site!
Dalmacia Hotel
Ranked #762 of 1,072 Hotels in London
Reviewed July 9, 2012

We spent ten days in their basement apartment on Loftus Rd and we were very pleased. The flat is equipped with everything you would have at home as in household appliances or kitchenware, plus there was cleaning and fresh towels every other day. The staff was very nice and helpful.

The apartment is 5 minutes by foot from the nearest underground station (Shepherds Bush Market), and there are multiple bus stops even closer. There are plenty of convenient stores and restaurants in the neighbourhood, so you don't ever need to starve.

I would definitely recommend this apartment and even the hotel to everyone.

Tip: if you are coming to see a performance at Hammersmith Apollo then I highly recommend the apartment or the hotel, because there is a direct bus line between the two locations and its also not very far by foot (or cab).

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank László G
There are newer reviews for Dalmacia Hotel

Reviewed July 4, 2012

This is a basement apartment with twin beds in each bedroom. Although it is in a Victorian row-house, it has been totally modernized with blond wood and Ikea furnishings. Bathrooms have heated floors and large showers. Functional kitchen includes a dishwasher. Washer & dryer had their own room. There is a small back patio for fresh air or smokers. Wifi was pretty good although the cable TV got few channels well.

This is a residential street off Uxbridge Rd in a neighborhood of trendy twenty-somethings and Muslim immigrants. Lots of pizza-chicken-doner-fish&chips take-out places nearby. 5 mins to Shepard's Bush Market tube and 10 mins to Shepard's Bush tube / train stations and England's largest mall.

At 140 pounds/night (pre-Olympics), this was perfect for our party of four adults.

Room Tip: The distance to the tube station is more important than the distance from central London.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed July 1, 2012

Styaed here for three nights. Very nice and quiet area, enjoyed relaxing in my room with teh windows open after a long day exploring London. Around 10 minutes walk form Hammersmith station that should take you anywhere in London. Rooms are quite roomy and clean enough. For the price I think that this hotel is very good.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed May 2, 2012

We've rented one of Dalmacia's flat for 3 nights and it was perfect! It was the top floor flat and it was clean and newly renovated. We will definitely go back to this flat

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed April 7, 2012

Dalmacia hotel is one of the many many hotels along Shepherds Bush road. All of which are townhouse-like.

I actually got to stay in 2 rooms of this hotel. On our first day in London, we got a really big room...it had three beds (so it's a triple room) although I only booked for a twin room. The room and bathroom was clean, there was an LCD tv in the room and there was free wifi! Stepping outside the hotel, there are various restaurants and cafes, so you don't really have to worry about being hungry. There are also convenient stores which sells fruits and water for a pretty cheap price. Dalmacia hotel is also a 15 minute walk away from Westfield mall which hosts various (and more costly) restaurants. In front of the hotel is also a bus stop and some three minute walk away is a telephone booth. Yes, there's no telephone available inside the hotel or the room.

On our second stay in Dalmacia...which is some 6 days after, we were placed in a much more smaller room and my Dad and I had to move the big bed to make more room for our luggage. The hotel staff were really very friendly, approachable, nice and helpful. The breakfast area was small though. With only four tables and 14 chairs, I recommend that one should wake up early to get a seat. I would definitely recommend this hotel and would be happy to stay at Dalmacia again the next time I visit London.

Room Tip: Rooms on the first floor have great signal strength for those who need wifi.
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed March 27, 2012

I enjoyed my 6 nights stay in Dalmacia and would say I got great value for the money I paid. The rooms (I stayed in two, will explain in a bit!) are big by London standards. Very clean and good view of the street :).

I stayed in two rooms because the wifi on the 3rd floor konked out the first night and because they couldn't repair it by the next day, they moved me to another room on the 1st floor.

The ambience almost felt like home, even down to the breakfast :) It's ten minutes walk from Hammersmith station and one tube station away from Westfield shopping mall, if you are interested in shopping. The hotel area is very secure and has a police station just down the road.

The rooms at the back are noise proof while you will be serenaded by police sirens if you stay in the front rooms. It doesn't happen often, so it's not a biggie.

Only downside is that the first room had a stiff toilet handle that they apparently cannot repair because of the london water (not sure what that means...) But for the money I paid, it was a non-issue.

Don't plan on early check in as the hotel is usually fully booked, I guess I'm not the only one that likes the hotel. I will definitely go back next time I'm in London.

As I said earlier, it's great value for money.

• Stayed: March 2012
Reviewed March 12, 2012

Stayed at this hotel for one night.As there were 4 of us we had a room with 3 beds and a single room(didn't book early enough for 2 rooms).very good value for money and clean. Everything we needed for the weekend. As we got the bus and tube to central london which at 7 pounds for the day was a bargain.Would reccommend this hotel to stay in. Also just round the corner ongoldhawk road is a little cafe.Its called cafe rest.We came upon it just by walking round a bit and ithe food is cooked fresh and so tasty.The prices were very reasonable and food delicious. Will definitely stay there again without hesitation.

Room Tip: We had a room downstairs.Very quiet and a little stoned patio outside our room.Although the building...
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled with friends